PDA

View Full Version : Laguna Seca USCA volunteers needed March 7-9

Larry Callahan
02-17-2014, 12:28 PM
Right now, this is what I know:

We will need volunteers starting around 10am Friday - we can probably get by with 6-8 people on Friday.

We'll need help moving people through tech and directing them to the tech and registration areas. We may also need a couple of people to direct parking.

Friday afternoon, we'll need at least two people per check point on the road rally to capture car numbers as they roll through or roll by. We'll also need three to four people at the welcome party to park the cars in the designated area at the hotel.

Saturday we'll need all hands on deck to direct both participant and pit-pass holder traffic throughout the day. We'll try to put volunteers on shifts of two-to-three hours at a particular location. We need pedestrian and traffic control, autocross/speed stop staging, time runners etc.

Sunday will be all about staging to receive transponders, pedestrian and vehicle traffic flow. We may also need someone to help with registration as well.

All volunteers will get all the same amenities throughout the day as the USCA staff - including complimentary lunch and beverages. Each volunteer will also receive a complimentary event t-shirt and we'll draw from the list of volunteers to giveaway a complimentary one year membership to the USCA.

That being said - everyone needs to remain flexible and nimble on the ground and handle anything that comes up.

There will be more info soon but this is what is nailed down now. It's a new series and this is the first event and we could use your help.

I don't have the exact hours for each day yet but you can imagine we would need your help all day.

To avoid me losing track of everyone please try to keep all volunteer discussion for the Lagua Seca event in this section. There will eventually be a sub section for each event.

Please bear with me while I work out any possible bugs with organizing all of your help.

So, if you can help 1, 2 or 3 days please reply below and I will reach out privately for contact info.

Thanks!!!!

Larry Callahan
02-17-2014, 02:17 PM
It's a little under 3 weeks away and there are still volunteer spots available.

Come on out and be a part of the event.

buickfunnycar.com
02-17-2014, 04:21 PM
Would be happy to volunteer all-day Friday Larry...gone to Bakersfield on Saturday for the March Meet though so count me in for Friday only. :cool:

Let me know where and when...

Larry Callahan
02-18-2014, 08:11 AM
Thanks John! I have you confirmed for Friday.

BOCFON
02-18-2014, 10:19 PM
mBNRM2PG

Right now, this is what I know:

We will need volunteers starting around 10am Friday - we can probably get by with 6-8 people on Friday.

We'll need help moving people through tech and directing them to the tech and registration areas. We may also need a couple of people to direct parking.

Friday afternoon, we'll need at least two people per check point on the road rally to capture car numbers as they roll through or roll by. We'll also need three to four people at the welcome party to park the cars in the designated area at the hotel.

Saturday we'll need all hands on deck to direct both participant and pit-pass holder traffic throughout the day. We'll try to put volunteers on shifts of two-to-three hours at a particular location. We need pedestrian and traffic control, autocross/speed stop staging, time runners etc.

Sunday will be all about staging to receive transponders, pedestrian and vehicle traffic flow. We may also need someone to help with registration as well.

All volunteers will get all the same amenities throughout the day as the USCA staff - including complimentary lunch and beverages. Each volunteer will also receive a complimentary event t-shirt and we'll draw from the list of volunteers to giveaway a complimentary one year membership to the USCA.

That being said - everyone needs to remain flexible and nimble on the ground and handle anything that comes up.

There will be more info soon but this is what is nailed down now. It's a new series and this is the first event and we could use your help.

I don't have the exact hours for each day yet but you can imagine we would need your help all day.

To avoid me losing track of everyone please try to keep all volunteer discussion for the Lagua Seca event in this section. There will eventually be a sub section for each event.

Please bear with me while I work out any possible bugs with organizing all of your help.

So, if you can help 1, 2 or 3 days please reply below and I will reach out privately for contact info.

Thanks!!!!

Larry Callahan
02-25-2014, 08:32 PM
There are still a few spots available for anyone that wants to come and join us.

buickfunnycar.com
03-06-2014, 09:16 PM
See you guys out there tomorrow...looking forward to a GREAT day...and how could it not???