PDA

View Full Version : Left Foot Braking AutoX and RR pedal layout

j-c-c
02-16-2014, 07:37 PM
Not sure where to post this. First, I started with go karts, so left foot braking is a piece of cake. Ran an AutoX last week and had fun. Most of my big car track time has been road course. So my question is, Is there a downside to enlarging the brake foot pedal on a stick car? If I'm left foot braking, I like the layout of a large brake pedal, keeping my feet a little farther apart. . Doesn't seem like it would ever cause an issue with normal heel/tow use. So?

HellPhish89
02-17-2014, 04:11 PM
Not sure where to post this. First, I started with go karts, so left foot braking is a piece of cake. Ran an AutoX last week and had fun. Most of my big car track time has been road course. So my question is, Is there a downside to enlarging the brake foot pedal on a stick car? If I'm left foot braking, I like the layout of a large brake pedal, keeping my feet a little farther apart. . Doesn't seem like it would ever cause an issue with normal heel/tow use. So? u would heel and tow like you would normally. left foot braking in a manual trans car is more limited due to the requirement of the clutch. left foot braking in a manual is more for the corners you dont need to downshift for from what i can gather.