PDA

View Full Version : Holley EFI for Ford Modular Engines & Modern Hemi's

Derek@ModernSpeed
02-13-2014, 07:33 AM
I thought I would post up about the HEFI on Modular engines, and the current Hemi engines. Over the last several months, engineers have worked diligently at getting the Holley EFI compatible with both engine platforms. So, plug n play kits will be available for both platforms (mid year for Hemi, and end of year for mod motors), however until they are truly ready, we can assist you in selecting individual components to make your own kit. The V2 J board ecu's are fully functional with Modulars, and Hemi's. No more aftermarket cam sensor conversion's are needed for the 4.6L. Off the shelf harness's can be modified (crank sensor, cam sensor, and coil wiring) are all that need to be modified to work. Of course it would be great to use the GM engine sensors such as air temp, coolant temp, and MAP sensor. In closing, feel free to contact me with any questions regarding components needed. I'll be happy to send you a list. By the end of 2014 here is a list of engines supported, but not limited to:

SBC
BBC
LS
SBF
BBF
Modular
SBM
BBM
Modern Hemi

Great times for the Holley EFI brand.

rossmacd
03-02-2014, 09:22 AM
This is great to know. At the rate I'm moving on my project, I'll be ready for the efi about the time it comes available. Exciting. I'll be happy to move away from my buggy Ford system (just problems with the harness I made).

rossmacd
03-02-2014, 09:22 AM
Any idea of we will be able to drove a Ford tbw?

Derek@ModernSpeed
03-03-2014, 12:42 AM
If you are asking about ford dbw throttle body control, the current software and firmware will control the coyote tb I believe. I know they are working hard on ford compatibility. I heard 4r70w trans control is being developed too

LowFast
03-03-2014, 06:07 AM
Will the kits in development work with the Mustang 4.6 3V? With the VVT and DBW throttle? I had planned on going with the stock computer with a tuner and Ron Francis wiring harness but would be interested in knowing which modular platforms Holley plans to support.

Derek@ModernSpeed
03-03-2014, 06:20 AM
Will the kits in development work with the Mustang 4.6 3V? With the VVT and DBW throttle? I had planned on going with the stock computer with a tuner and Ron Francis wiring harness but would be interested in knowing which modular platforms Holley plans to support.

At this point, none of the VVT will be supported. They will potentially work on it in the future, but as of now, it's not functional. DBW throttle body for the coyote has been tested. I'm not sure if others have been or not.

LowFast
03-03-2014, 06:21 AM
Ok, thanks, looks like I will be sticking with the stock computer and having it custom tuned.