PDA

View Full Version : Recaro seats & brackets/sliders for 1st Gen

4MuscleMachines
09-12-2005, 06:25 PM
Anybody know of a retailer or manufacturer of first gen Recaro seat brackets? I looked at the Recaro website and found no app for 1st gen, only the 2nd gen and later. I am looking at installing the Style Topline in black leather in my 69. Here is a pic for reference..anybody own some of these seats? Any comments?

www.recaro-nao.com (http://www.recaro-nao.com/)

Sparky67
09-12-2005, 08:46 PM
Anybody know of a retailer or manufacturer of first gen Recaro seat brackets? I looked at the Recaro website and found no app for 1st gen, only the 2nd gen and later. I am looking at installing the Style Topline in black leather in my 69. Here is a pic for reference..anybody own some of these seats? Any comments?

www.recaro-nao.com (http://www.recaro-nao.com/)

Contact Recaro directly, I know that Mark Stilelow had Recaros in his White 1969 Camaro that was built in 1993. A few others have Recaros in their 1969 Camaros that are on this site.

Jeff

69lt4
09-13-2005, 02:58 AM
I believe I purchased mine from Seat Source. It's been a few years since I purchased the brackets. I installed the Mustang Recaro's in my 69 camaro. Give them a call and tell them what you are doing.
Kevin

chicane67
09-13-2005, 09:49 AM
Dave Turner Motorsports (which has been purchased by a friend of mine) has been a retailer of Recaro since the mid 60's. Being that I worked for Dave at onetime and had my hands on the bracket/sliders and seeing what else is shipped by others...... Id use the brackets/sliders from Turner.

I just saw a set from another mentioned retailer, and they wernt even close to being low enough in the interrior..... the seat just sat up too high.

Steve1968LS2
09-19-2005, 12:26 PM
I buy all my Recaro stuff from Dave Turner Motorsports so take this as another reccomendation for them..

You will need to saw off the first two holes on your Recaro seats. If you have the power models they will still sit a bit high. My next ones will be manual adjust so my helmet does not touch the roof.

Again, the brackets are fine but you will need to trim up the sliders. There are three mounting holes to choose from and you will need to cut off the taller two. If you could get the seat to go even lower that would be better but I don't mind sitting a bit higher up (Im 6'0)

Van B
09-19-2005, 04:22 PM
I can't help you with the seats, but I do have the brackets and sliders for you. I will pass them along at a screaming deal if you can use them.

black67ls1
09-20-2005, 08:22 AM
If 4MuscleMachinesMan doesn't want them, I'm interested. Where did you get the sliders, how much do you want, and will they work with Recaro Trend seats? I'm in AZ.

Steve1968LS2
09-20-2005, 08:46 AM
Trends, Sports and Styles all use the same brackets and sliders from I have been told.

Recaro seats > *

4MuscleMachines
09-20-2005, 10:28 AM
69 LT1, PM me with your info please. If I do not take them, black69ls1 probably will.

Thanks,
Frank