PDA

View Full Version : biggest tire I can run on a second gen?

71maroesteban
02-08-2014, 08:29 PM
I was planning on use fender flares but after seeing some in person on a car being worked on I didn't really like it so I want to see how much meat I can stick under my car it'll have full bmr suspension no mini tubs thanks I plan on running a 18 inch wheel out front and 19 out back I was thinking 285 for the front and 305 for the back?

Chadman27
02-09-2014, 08:06 PM
I'm thinking a 275 front and 295 rears if you are not mini-tubbing, there's lots of threads on the subject already, a thought out search should be able to glean that information.

71maroesteban
02-09-2014, 09:59 PM
I'm thinking a 275 front and 295 rears if you are not mini-tubbing, there's lots of threads on the subject already, a thought out search should be able to glean that information. thanks yea I should have looked it up thanks I've seen 315s stuffed under one so I guess I go to my wheel guy and get some test fitted I don't want to mini tub as seeing the second gens can fit a pretty go size tire already

Chadman27
02-10-2014, 07:19 PM
If you beat in your seat belt humps, roll or trim the fender lip, and run a narrow bodied shock you could probably get there. Watch out for contact with the rear leaf spring, your sidewall will flex, so ensure some breathing room. Goodluck, let us know what you find!

79-TA
02-15-2014, 12:59 AM
If you beat in your seat belt humps, roll or trim the fender lip, and run a narrow bodied shock you could probably get there. Watch out for contact with the rear leaf spring, your sidewall will flex, so ensure some breathing room. Goodluck, let us know what you find!

What he said. Lowering the car makes the seat belt hump a clearance issue sooner than it would be at stock ride height.