PDA

View Full Version : Auto Transport Bidding Site

Texas Bob
01-20-2014, 07:47 AM
Right before Christmas I was in an accident in Missouri on my way back to TX. The car was repaired there in Missouri as State Farm wouldn't tow it outside of a 30 mile radius. I'm thinking of having it shipped to TX now since it's an 8 hr drive each way and one way flights in to Springfield, Missouri are outrageous, and I'd still would have over an hr left to get to dealership. Are there any good sites where shippers bid for your business? Thanks.

BMR Sales
01-20-2014, 09:23 AM
Just get a Good Broker (most Auto Shipping Companies except the Big Boys like Reliable, Exotic, Passport are just Brokers). The Broker I use is in Arkansas & makes $100 per car - he does all the work.

T.C.

zzfranczz
01-20-2014, 06:00 PM
I used this site to get a quote.
http://www.freightcenter.com

And one of the shippers recommended I check him out using this site.
http://www.transportreviews.com/

I spoke with Jeff at Magic Carpet Auto Transport and he seemed to be the most helpful and provided a lot of information since I did not know what I was getting into. I tracked all of the responses I got, which were many so you may want to use an alternative email when getting bids. Most were very pushy and emailing me every other day even when I talked to them directly. I even asked a few that were not rated so well to stop contacting me, they didn't. If I could have made the deal on the car I would have used MCAT.

most of these guys are brokers so you need to get a company with a good reputation. I have heard of issues happening and trying to resolve them between you and the trucker without the leverage of the broker can be difficult, so having a good reputable broker is a key in my mind.

I hope this helps.

TheJDMan
01-20-2014, 07:33 PM
Take a look at Uship.

http://www.uship.com/

jy211
01-21-2014, 05:29 AM
after owning a moving/auto transport business, go with the actual hauler.

BMR Sales
01-21-2014, 06:43 AM
Take a look at Uship.

http://www.uship.com/

Just don't let Jarrod from Shipping Wars win the Bid - that kid seems like a Moron! Roy just died!

Texas Bob
01-22-2014, 11:18 AM
lol, well since I work as the operations manager at a trailer dealership I was able to contact a customer that does transport work and it looks like $375 for 488 miles is my cheapest route. Online quotes where north of $550. Thanks for the help. Btw, if anyone needs a single car hauler...enclosed or open...come see me.

buck19
03-02-2014, 10:00 PM
lol, well since I work as the operations manager at a trailer dealership I was able to contact a customer that does transport work and it looks like $375 for 488 miles is my cheapest route. Online quotes where north of $550. Thanks for the help. Btw, if anyone needs a single car hauler...enclosed or open...come see me.

I need an enclosed hauler to transport a project car that rolls and steers from Georgia to Alabama. Only 200 miles. Need enclosed trailer to take some extra loose parts and boxes along with the vehicle. Need 24' foot enclosed trailer minimum. Everything is packed and ready to move as soon as possible. Please let me know if you have a transporter that can complete this haul. Thank you

vdaviemusclecars
03-18-2014, 04:51 PM
I also need one, enclosed from Florida to Calif.

Vince

chevnut55
04-09-2014, 10:19 AM
I need to ship 3 cars from Ma. to Fl. In the next few months. I got a few way too high quotes, thought I would get a price break for all 3 instead of a trip for 1. I feel like telling them I need to ship 3 cars 1 every week and see if I will get a deal.

minendrews68
04-09-2014, 03:19 PM
There is a guy here in Jonesboro that deals only in exotic cars. I mean, if it's expensive he's into it . There is always a transport truck at his place of business. If' you'd like I can ask him who he uses. Let me know.

chichirone
04-10-2014, 11:34 AM
I too need to transport 2 cars from DFW to St. Louis area and back to DFW in July for the USCA event there. Can you PM me contact info for Jonesboro company/contact?