PDA

View Full Version : Finally!!!

scott_fx
01-13-2014, 08:52 AM
So after about 3 botched deals due to.... well lets just say there are a lot of questionable people on craigslist... I took a big chance. I purchased a ticket to fly up to San Fransisco to check out; what sounded like, a great project car for me. When i arrived the car was pretty much mostly as described via our text and phone conversations (cracked windsheild and dashpad were the only things i wasn't expecting). I took a spin around town then the owner got behind the wheel and mashed on the go fast pedal. I was sold. I handed him a bunch of cash, signed the paper work and drove 375 miles home in a nice '66 chevelle. Not even 3 miles into my journey I had a guy pull up to me and give me a thumbs up. Pretty much sealed the deal. I drove it straight to the shop and body/paint should get started this week. Then an lsx/lq9 swap, bonspeed wheels, c5 brakes and hopefully i'll have enough for a stage II suspension upgrade as well as a very geeky custom project for the interior.

BMR Sales
01-13-2014, 10:01 AM
Welcome to PT Scott - Good Luck with all the work you have planned!

T.C.

analyte
01-13-2014, 04:41 PM
Great start!! The body/paint looks better then mine did when bought.

scott_fx
01-13-2014, 05:12 PM

thanks, I've been following your build. i got a question about the kore3/c5 brake setup. I have a set of calipers at my house, what other components (besides the c5 rotors and pads) did you use to complete the install? Do i need hubs, adapter/bracket and brake lines from kore3? anything else?

Typhoon1015
01-13-2014, 05:28 PM
Looks Great! get some more pictures for us all!

analyte
01-13-2014, 05:52 PM

thanks, I've been following your build. i got a question about the kore3/c5 brake setup. I have a set of calipers at my house, what other components (besides the c5 rotors and pads) did you use to complete the install? Do i need hubs, adapter/bracket and brake lines from kore3? anything else?

All I needed in addition to the calipers, rotors, and pads were what you mentioned. Hubs, brackets, and lines along with a p-valve to modulate the rear pressure.

Give Tobin a call and he'll be your one stop shop for the brake install.

dragonfly jones
01-13-2014, 05:57 PM
Wow! thats one sweet looking car. Nice job.

Josh@Ridetech
01-14-2014, 07:40 AM
Very nice, one of my favorite cars! Good job!

Ben@SpeedTech
01-14-2014, 07:59 AM
Looking gooooood Scott! Details details! What lurks under the hood that makes the go fast pedal seem so sweet? Tell us more about it! :twothumbs

scott_fx
01-14-2014, 09:15 AM
It has a built 383 in there right now with a 3.90 rear end and what seems like no mufflers (they don't seem to do much, but they are there..). The owner didn't have a dyno sheet or anything but he assumed it was close to 500 hp at the crank. I tend to believe the engine is at least over 400 hp. I had a built c5 ls1 a few years back and it dynoed at 385 rwhp and this thing friction welds you into your seat. It's almost a shame that I'm going to swap it out for a lq9 but this will be a daily driver for me and the benefits justify it

The car does need a stage II suspension system. It's a little soft but nothing like I was expecting from a car that is nearly 50 yrs old. The brakes are decent, but if my budget allows i'll swap out some c5 brakes with the kore3 setup.

I'm also currently programming, building and testing out a hybrid instrument cluster to work with the obd-ii interface of the ls engine. I'll have two analog gauges flanking an lcd screen that will be able to display anything i want.
here is a teaser of my proof of concept. it is evolving from this and the gauge will be totally different.
http://youtu.be/xqSIPtUFPNY
Future plans will also integrate a gps and radar detector into the display... but that would be phase... 4 type of upgrades

lastly, this may not be popular on the forums, but I am a big car audio sound quality guy so I'll be running a proper sound system and fully sound deaden the car. I have all of the components for a relatively high end system laying around my house so that will only cost me materials, wire and time.

rchaskin
01-14-2014, 10:04 AM
.....here is a teaser of my proof of concept......

I like the mad scientist type skill set!!