PDA

View Full Version : Lokar bracket and throttle kit issues for Q-jet application

therobski
01-11-2014, 08:14 AM
I am using all Lokar products and this part XSRK-4000 is the bracket and springs for the trans kick down and throttle cables. Supposed to be for Q-jet carbs. Take a look the throttle cable is not running straight back from the carb to the bracket. I thought maybe somebody would have a solution before I call Lokar Monday.

sam 74
01-11-2014, 05:12 PM
The throttle cable may need to go into that front hole, you may also need to bend the arm where the throttle cable is currently to clear the cable when mounted in the forward hole. Just my guess, I haven't used a q jet in years.

therobski
01-12-2014, 05:54 AM
Sam 74 what appears in the picture is that is not a front hole but actually another mount attached on the other side-the hole is where it is riveted or pressed to the throttle arm, I thought about drilling it out. The 200R4 kick down cable is fine.

sam 74
01-12-2014, 08:15 PM
Is there any way you can remove the ball and drill through the arm, through the existing hole so you have a reference, then bend the existing ear where you currently have the throttle cable at so the ball can be mounted into the new hole?

therobski
01-13-2014, 06:28 AM
If I can determine if that is riveted to the arm I could drill it out. I will take better pictures today and post them. But I think your on to something, thanks Sam74

shizzy
01-13-2014, 03:51 PM
the thing about Quadrajets is there are hundreds of different throttle linkage designs. I'd try a different bracket. I've frequently used the OEM bracket from the mid 80's G bodies. the bracket has a provision for throttle and TV cable.

therobski
01-14-2014, 06:28 AM
Shizzy that could be the resolve. For few minutes yesterday I tried to drill out that carb stud you see in the picture, it looks like a hole, but that carb stud I think is pressed together and man my drill bit would not cut in to it. But if I can get that drilled out the throttle will line up.

therobski
07-13-2014, 12:52 PM
Its been a bit since I posted this issue, but some may want to know the folks at Lokar were VERY good at helping with this. It was determined that this Q-jet throttle linkage was not very common. They sent me a bracket for a cruise control cable and it aligned my cable with the throttle, solving my problem.

therobski
07-13-2014, 12:58 PM
Its been a bit since I posted this issue, but some may want to know the folks at Lokar were VERY good at helping with this. It was determined that this Q-jet throttle linkage was not very common. They sent me a bracket for a cruise control cable set up and it aligned my cable with the throttle to the pedal, solving my problem.