PDA

View Full Version : Fuel tank

Gcwstang
01-04-2014, 05:55 PM
I purchased a no limit fuel tank for my 1966 f100 and the sending unit had to be modified, but there wasn't any instructions saying that. Then I moved the crossmember to the back and flipped it over and the bed was hitting it so I had to modify it, then the instructions for the whole installation are terrible and barely explain anything.I called the company and told them that the clips they sent to bolt the tank to the frame didn't reach the holes and didn't say where I had to drill the holes and he told me to grind the frame so they would fit. The quality of the product is top of the line and all the other products I have used from them.

tazzz25906112
01-22-2014, 07:50 PM
Rob builds great stuff,,,, sounds like you need to talk to him and see what he has to say... 100% great manufacture and guy for sure....

Aficionado
01-24-2014, 12:05 AM
No fun. FWIW, when I put in my aftermarket fuel tank it took two of us three full work days....yes; apx 48 man hours.

Hope it gets better.

Smittys
01-24-2014, 10:29 AM
The fuel tanks fit tight but there not hard to put in. A quick file job so the clips can reach and your good. The clips have to be in far enough not to rub the tank.