PDA

View Full Version : Pics of the new ride at work

suh weet
09-09-2005, 10:00 AM
I thought I would post a pic of the new ride at work. I know it is not pro-touring, but it does have a Cat diesel with 430hp and 1550LB ft of torque, and forged alum wheels!:cool:

By the way the wide stripe at the bottom looks orange, but it is actually black scotchlite.

mdprovee
09-09-2005, 10:35 AM
I can appreciate that one Mike.

I am a volunteer fireman in my local city Dept. The city is 28,000 people, and we have 25 volunteers and two paid guys. The paid guys take care of mon-fri during the day with the help of the volunteers, then the volunteers take care of the city nights, weekends, and holidays. Pretty fun!

nitrovette
09-09-2005, 11:00 AM
And im the guy who gets to fix it when it brakes down,i work for a local municipality,were waiting on our new ladder truck.Thats a sweet truck you guys got.

68BNUT
09-09-2005, 12:35 PM
I saw on a website about firetrucks were they had one of those pullin the fron tire off the ground!

ProdigyCustoms
09-09-2005, 04:00 PM
That is sexy as hell. I love firetrucks. If i ever hit it big, I would restore them for myself.

Richz68
09-09-2005, 08:51 PM
Frank,

I have that same thought from time to time. There is an antique firetruck not too far from me in a storage lot.... :icon996:

LowBuckX
09-09-2005, 10:37 PM
That is the nicest fire rig Ive seen ever... Id be proud to turn a wrench or two on it...

indyjps
09-09-2005, 11:42 PM
my cousin has a great job, building and updating firetrucks. ive gotten into them after visiting their shop a few times. very nice truck.

myclone
09-10-2005, 02:57 AM
I used to work at a couple places that built fire trucks doing the electrical stuff. I never knew how much engineering went into fire and rescue vehicles until I set foot in those places not to mention I learned a TON of stuff from the fabricators that had been in the business for years.

Two problems with working there is they never would let me purchase/borrow an opticom to help with the commute to work....something about it being illegal on a civilian vehicle or something :hmm: . The other thing is testing the shore line ejector recepticles and having the plug for the cord fly out and whack you between the eyes your first day on the job (dont ask).

FWIW, you guys should check out some of the stuff marketed to fire aperatus builders. Everything from top of the line neat-o looking latches for panels/doors to breakers/switches to high end wire is used on fire trucks (everything has to work every time and last for years in harsh enviroments).

Nice rig BTW.

Fuelie Fan
09-10-2005, 03:00 AM
Firemen are still my heroes