PDA

View Full Version : Update on the So Cal Challenge Series

blackinkmedia
01-01-2014, 09:42 AM
Greeting to all, as on behave of the So Cal Challenge staff, we wish you a happy new year!

2014 marks the 4th year of the So Cal Challenge events, where as we are excited to bring more events to the Southern California region.

Currently we are working on our new schedule as well as some new programs to help are contestants develop their equipment, and or driving skills. Dates for the next 5 events for 2014 will be released in the next few weeks, but to let everyone know we will have two spring dates, two summer dates, and one fall event similar to what the 2013 schedule was. Look for more information to pop up on www.pro-touring.com or at www.socalchallenge.com.

Moving on there is some pressing business to announce regarding the top finishers in the class standings, as well as overall champion for the 2013 So Cal Challenge. The following list outlines the final results of the top finishers of each class:

Hot Rod:
#56 Don Chemello 37 Points
#02 Don Miller 33 Poins

Truck :
#04 Rob MacGregor 48 Points
#16 Bill Speed 39 Points
#33 Wes Drelleshak 15 Points

Exotic:
#59 Ceasar Martinez 50 Points
#60 Bill Wood 32 Points
#62 Darren Freedman 20 Points

Late Muscle:
#13 Tom Kamman 59 Points
#14 Dannie Pinard 44 Points
#29 Casey Cronin 30 Points

Early Muscle:
#12 Jake Rozelle 58 Points
#20 Matt Alcala 54 Points
#45 Cris Gonzalez 45 Points

Overall:
#13 Tom Kamman 59 points

Congratulations to all! We look forward to crowning you at our first event of 2014, and to see you back on the track. To close I’d like to thank everyone who has been a part of the So Cal Challenge these past few years. It’s been a wonderful experience getting to know everyone, and watch the event grow. Also I’d like to thank all of you for your patience and understanding as we have found that running events lack an “instruction manual” where definitely, “some assembly is required.” I’ll also have to point out that this wouldn’t be possible without our sponsors of the event series. Their support both financially, physically, and yes even mentally, has really allowed these events to happen. I urge you please (even if you don’t own any of their parts,) to walk up and thank any of the staff members from the following list: No Limit Engineering, Ridetech, Flowmaster exhaust, Total Cost Involved, (TCI), Guaranty Chevrolet, and CFR performance.

That’s it, thank you again for your support, and we wish all of you a Happy New Year!

79-TA
01-01-2014, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the update!

We're just lucky Casey didn't run more events . . . he won his class both times he ran!

I'm glad to hear about 2014 events. I was starting to wonder if there was going to be a 2014 season.

So Cal Camaro
01-02-2014, 12:10 PM
Congrats to all the winners...that was a fun series of events and looking forward to running again in 2014....Thanks to all the sponsors who make the events possible!

Rod
01-02-2014, 12:18 PM
It was a great season, and looks to be a better one for 2014!! congrats to Tom Kamman on the overall! way to go Tommy

Tomswheels
01-02-2014, 09:45 PM
It was a great season, and looks to be a better one for 2014!! congrats to Tom Kamman on the overall! way to go Tommy

Thanks Rodney and Dannie, had a blast racing with you guys this year.

Thanks also to Marcel and all the So-Cal Challenge people and sponsors for putting on fun, quality events for us.

struck by Lightning
01-03-2014, 09:32 PM
Good job Tom..... Congrats!

JakeR.
01-04-2014, 07:43 PM
Great season, looking forward to 2014!

Sales-TCI-Eng
01-07-2014, 04:18 PM
We can't wait to see what is in store for 2014.

-Jason