PDA

View Full Version : Looking...70-74 Camaro

badazz81z28
12-29-2013, 02:07 PM
Looking for a 70-73 Camaro, plane jane model. My intention is to pull the drive train out so I don't need a numbers matching, a Z28, RS, SS, or a type LT, but will take one for the right price.

The car must be rust free, no body damage/dents and have decent paint that will last a few years+.

Willing to spend upwards of $15k

Locations required is West Coast as I need to see it in person before purchase.

71RS/SS396
12-29-2013, 04:29 PM
I'm not sure what your budget is and this car is not in Ca but it's a heck of a start https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/103908-1970-Camaro-with-a-Lateral-Dynamics-3-link-%28Roller%29

badazz81z28
12-29-2013, 06:16 PM
I'm not sure what your budget is and this car is not in Ca but it's a heck of a start https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/103908-1970-Camaro-with-a-Lateral-Dynamics-3-link-%28Roller%29

That car has an awesome body, but still needs too much work for me at the $18K asking price + Transport. I do know the work done to it was not cheap, but in the end you never re-coupe that cost.

BonzoHansen
12-29-2013, 06:51 PM
That car has an awesome body, but still needs too much work for me at the $18K asking price + Transport. I do know the work done to it was not cheap, but in the end you never re-coupe that cost.

you will never recoup the cost of anything in your current plans. and that car has a pile of the expensive part done.

badazz81z28
12-29-2013, 07:02 PM
you will never recoup the cost of anything in your current plans. and that car has a pile of the expensive part done.

It does and will be a great car for someone. I'm really just looking for a solid car, honestly the color and the LD 3-links turns me off to the one mentioned. That's just me tho.

srh3trinity
12-30-2013, 12:36 PM

It does and will be a great car for someone. I'm really just looking for a solid car, honestly the color and the LD 3-links turns me off to the one mentioned. That's just me tho.

I would be tempted by that car. That rear end setup is pretty sought after. See the Bad Penny build. A little flat black on the hood and trunk would be a nice look on that color.

BonzoHansen
12-30-2013, 02:27 PM
http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=272577

71RS/SS396
12-30-2013, 04:37 PM

What are you expecting to pay for a clean 70-73? The prices are significantly higher than the later cars. The car posted in the link is a steal imho and by the sound of the ad it's a negotiable price. I've considered buying it but I need another car like I need a nipple in the middle of my forehead.

badazz81z28
12-30-2013, 08:30 PM
What are you expecting to pay for a clean 70-73? The prices are significantly higher than the later cars. The car posted in the link is a steal imho and by the sound of the ad it's a negotiable price. I've considered buying it but I need another car like I need a nipple in the middle of my forehead.

Its hard to say. I can't see myself paying $15-$20K for a car that I'm going to rip out the drive train and suspension. I just need a solid car that doesn't have rust. I don't needs someones "rebuilt 383" etc.

I'm not against a 1974 car. I like big bumpers too.

badazz81z28
01-02-2014, 04:22 PM
TTT,

My budget is in the hood of $10K,

Must be rust free and Have a Title (Apparently that seems to be a common problem)

Rick D
01-04-2014, 06:14 AM
Good luck, at that price range it will be hard to find a "rust Free" car. Not saying you can't but your going to need to look hard and not in the normal places. I paid around 9k for my 73 looked real good but had rust at the bottom of both fenders which I knew, but needed rt front floor, needed platches in front and rear window openings. Mine is a complete stock car running and driving. So what I'm saying is unless you buy a car that is apart you never know what you might get. For what's its worth mine is rust free now and I could get way more then 10k for it. Just trying to put perspective on it from my point.

Good luck, oh and if you are looking for a 73 with a complete new paint let me know?? And you can pick the color???

badazz81z28
01-04-2014, 09:00 AM
Good luck, at that price range it will be hard to find a "rust Free" car. Not saying you can't but your going to need to look hard and not in the normal places. I paid around 9k for my 73 looked real good but had rust at the bottom of both fenders which I knew, but needed rt front floor, needed platches in front and rear window openings. Mine is a complete stock car running and driving. So what I'm saying is unless you buy a car that is apart you never know what you might get. For what's its worth mine is rust free now and I could get way more then 10k for it. Just trying to put perspective on it from my point.

Good luck, oh and if you are looking for a 73 with a complete new paint let me know?? And you can pick the color???

I can imagine the difficulty in places like Illinois. There are tons of rust free cars here in Southern California. What do you have to offer??

I think $10k is pretty generous for a non Z, RS, SS etc. I want a base model.

birdsandbowties
01-04-2014, 03:46 PM
here is one in my area, i am sure the price is flexible, i know the guy and he just had a bunch of metal work done to it, from what he told me it is a real z
http://pensacola.craigslist.org/cto/4267748479.html

Reckn8
01-04-2014, 04:05 PM
I'll bet the FL car will another 10K to make it a driver!

srh3trinity
01-04-2014, 04:20 PM
I'll bet the FL car will another 10K to make it a driver!
Agreed, my firebird is in that condition and I am planning on 8-12k for paint and body

badazz81z28
01-09-2014, 07:40 PM
Still searching the field.....Someone have a PT car???

srh3trinity
01-10-2014, 09:16 AM
If I were in your situation, I would have a very hard passing on that maroon one with the lateral dynamics three link. Swap your engine and drivetrain into that car and be done with it. It probably has 40k of work already done to it. Already rubbed, three link, paint and body done. Pretty hard to beat. Calipers is probably different, but in the southeast there seem to be more cars show up in the spring.

badazz81z28
01-10-2014, 07:08 PM
If I were in your situation, I would have a very hard passing on that maroon one with the lateral dynamics three link. Swap your engine and drivetrain into that car and be done with it. It probably has 40k of work already done to it. Already rubbed, three link, paint and body done. Pretty hard to beat. Calipers is probably different, but in the southeast there seem to be more cars show up in the spring.

If it wasnt half way across the country, I would def consider it. Shipping a car is challenging enough. Shipping a car with no glass installed and all the parts in boxes would be even tougher. Appears the car need to be re-painted as well, I guess the off gassing of the filler/priming is popping?

badazz81z28
01-11-2014, 12:28 PM
If it wasnt half way across the country, I would def consider it. Shipping a car is challenging enough. Shipping a car with no glass installed and all the parts in boxes would be even tougher. Appears the car need to be re-painted as well, I guess the off gassing of the filler/priming is popping?

my budget is increasing....let me know what you all have

badazz81z28
01-19-2014, 06:47 PM
Still looking....

badazz81z28
01-26-2014, 06:16 PM
Nobody must think I'm serious...California is a big state and I can't find a rust free camaro!!! I have no seen a single legit post or PM...I have cash!

Reckn8
01-26-2014, 08:15 PM
What's wrong with the 71 from Alabama? Price seems fair and shipping is not that expensive.

badazz81z28
01-26-2014, 08:49 PM
What's wrong with the 71 from Alabama? Price seems fair and shipping is not that expensive.

Because its in Alabama. The average quote I got for an enclosed trailer from the other side of the country is $1800. Plus after seeing the cars I have lately, Im not dropping mid teen numbers on a car without seeing it. Sellers fail to mention some things. California is a big state...there has to be the right one around.

classiccarcustoms
01-27-2014, 10:14 PM
I have a very clean 70 r/s, CA protecto plate, very clean interior, factory tilt wheel.
Ride tech upper and lower tubular A-arms, coil over front.
1" lower fiber glass leaf spring rear with Kyb rear shocks.

badazz81z28
01-30-2014, 07:57 PM
Man, I may feel bad driving it its so nice! How much did you want for it?

badazz81z28
02-01-2014, 03:35 PM
This is getting difficult....To The Top!

badazz81z28
02-09-2014, 07:21 PM
Still looking...painfully.

5spd540
06-05-2014, 05:32 PM
Looking for a 70-73 Camaro, plane jane model. My intention is to pull the drive train out so I don't need a numbers matching, a Z28, RS, SS, or a type LT, but will take one for the right price.

The car must be rust free, no body damage/dents and have decent paint that will last a few years+.

Willing to spend upwards of $15k

Locations required is West Coast as I need to see it in person before purchase.

I have one if you are willing to come see it.

davidomilligan
06-06-2014, 09:36 AM
I bought mine with all the body work done upgraded suspension and rear end, front brakes for 4k. No engine or transmission but he had out well over 20k in body work so they are out there