PDA

View Full Version : Custom link bars needed in SoCal

UNBROKEN
12-26-2013, 04:29 PM
I need someone to build me a set of 4-link bars and a panhard bar with heims so I can get rid of the cheap urethane bushings that keep splitting on me from an unnamed company. I can bring the truck in (2012 Dodge Ram) to measure everything out then pick up and install the bars myself after they're completed.

I also want to see about reworking the rear link bars to get them into a better geometry. Lowering the stock truck really has them out of whack. I have some ideas on that but would like to talk it out with someone in person.

Any ideas on what a set of link bars and panhard would cost to fab? I want the best heims I can get and need the bars powdercoated red.

raustinss
12-26-2013, 07:15 PM
I'd buy the heim joints first being as the size of them will dictate the length of the bars, once you do that you should be able to just remove one of the "other " companies and duplicate it leaving you with a easy way to measure for just the bar material. Any metal support shop can sell you dom which would be what I'd recommend and any machine shop can tap the ends for you which btw they will need a left and right hand tap because your going to order both left and right heim joints...for adjustability on the truck. After all that toss them at a powder coater and bobs your uncle
Ryan Austin

chevelletiger
12-27-2013, 08:41 AM
I can do it for you,i live in santa anaand the machine shop i work at is in fullerton.i also have the 3/4-16 left and right hand taps pm me your#
Phil

Munssey
12-27-2013, 10:07 AM
Consider ditching the idea of going heim and go with a johnny joint instead.

Tons of benifits to them over heims.

Good luck with the build!

rjsjea
12-28-2013, 12:44 PM
Scotts hotrods is in Oxnard.