PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding a 9" for a 67-69 Camaro

Richz68
09-08-2004, 06:50 PM
Hey guys..... I am looking for a differential builder that can build to suit a complete differential for the first gen Camaros.

I know that Moser, Currie, Strange, Randy's, and DTS offer this, but I am looking for a smaller shop that will be more detail oriented and personable.

Thanks for any help!!!

JamesD
09-08-2004, 08:31 PM
do you just want a center section or a whole package?

Richz68
09-09-2004, 04:41 AM
"complete differential for the first gen Camaros"

whytry
09-13-2004, 08:25 AM
I am in the same boat, but I already have the Locker and 3.90 gears for it. I just need the housing and 31 splined axles... Any help? Or better yet for me atleast, what Ford's have a 9" the same length?

68protouring454
09-13-2004, 08:40 AM
brad, a near stock width ford 9 " is one out of a older bronco, like 68-77 or something, the smaller body style, i have one out of a 70, its a small bearing, 28 spline, but it has a traction lok in it and will do me for now, it is i think 1/4 to 3/8 shorter than a camaro rear, but that can be solved with spacers or the correct back space wheels, also there are others that are close, i have a friend with one in his 69 camaro and its out of a mustang, i will find out
but more than likely the mustang ones are pricey cause of the resto crowd, the bronco ones are a dime a dozen, i got mine for a used holley 650, complete, anyway goodluck
jake

Jerods68camaro
09-13-2004, 08:53 AM
If you've got the cash, a FAB9 from Chris Alston's Chassisworks is awesome. I just called and told them what I needed and a few weeks later I got my rear end loaded with all Strange guts and a Detroit locker. It looks real good under the car.

Check it out at www.cachassisworks.com

TurboLark
09-13-2004, 12:52 PM
"complete differential for the first gen Camaros"
By saying this you will only get the diff. If you want the complete rear you need to say complete rear axle. The diff is only one part of the whole axle assembly.

No mattr where you go, big company or small, you are gonna get the same thing. I'd order the housing and axle package from Moser for 820.00, then shop the center section for the best deal(or feeling in your case).
Look for off road shops local to you if that what you want, they spend most of their time building drivetrain parts, especially axles.

clonez28
09-15-2004, 02:45 PM
http://www.coastdriveline.com/ If you don't care about location...these guys are known for doing great work.