PDA

View Full Version : Lsx swap manual or automatic?!

71maroesteban
12-19-2013, 12:31 AM
I have a l92 waiting to be dropped in with a 6l80 but now I'm thinking about going with manual instead of paddle shifters with the 6l80 I know each of them have their pros and cons manual being annoying in traffic but again manual transmissions and sports cars are like peanut butter and jelly and autos with the tutd feature offer somewhat of the best of both worlds but the trans is huge and I'm afraid it will hand low and it just won't be the same as shifting through gears all that being said I still can't Decide and wanted to get some feedback from you guys and also what kind of manual is the best I know their is a perfect fit kit tko600 for my car but no t56 which is better and will a ls1 t56 work with a gen 4 motor? Thanks guys

garys 68
12-19-2013, 04:18 AM
I did both mine with manual trans. Just a lot more fun to drive. I'm not much for the paddle shifters though.
For more of a DD, you might consider the automatic. You cant easily talk on a cell phone with a stick in one hand and the wheel in the other.
As for a manual and L92, I know a few over at LS1tech have kept the VVT with a manual trans. You might check the conversions board there.

71maroesteban
12-19-2013, 12:11 PM
Yea I heard you can mate the two but don't you need spacers to make it work?

garys 68
12-19-2013, 02:51 PM
Nope, T56 bolts right up.

Yea I heard you can mate the two but don't you need spacers to make it work?

71maroesteban
12-19-2013, 03:38 PM
So a gen 3 ls1 t56 Will bolt right up to a gen 4 l92? I'm sorry I'm confused because I read on ls1 tech some here it would take some spacers

Rod
12-19-2013, 03:45 PM
that's a tough decision, I went Manual but I kinda wish I would have went paddle shift, so much so that I may build a second car just to have it paddle shift, and if I would have went paddle shift I probably would have wanted a manual:pat:

71maroesteban
12-19-2013, 04:11 PM
that's a tough decision, I went Manual but I kinda wish I would have went paddle shift, so much so that I may build a second car just to have it paddle shift, and if I would have went paddle shift I probably would have wanted a manual:pat: haha that's the answer to all our problems let's just build a second car xD

Schwartz Performance
12-20-2013, 05:11 AM
The back of all the LS engines are the same. Just make sure your pilot bearing is in good shape or replace it, cheap insurance down the road :)
I prefer manual but that's all a personal preference and where you'll be driving.

-Dale

garys 68
12-21-2013, 05:38 AM
Note: if you go with a T56, there are some differences between models (f body, gto, cts-v). You're best to get things like flywheel, starter, throwout, pilot bearing from the trans model.