Steve Chryssos
09-08-2005, 05:13 AM
This could be interesting. Thoughts?
/Steevo

http://www.vanderbiltcupraces.com/

vanzuuk1
09-12-2005, 05:58 PM
Steve
left you a message, I am trying to do my leaf springs and shocks in time for sunday. The website is vague about the time trial and there are not many photos.

call me at home tonight or on my cell tommorow, thanks.

call mr angry and whoever else you can think of, this could be awesome.

Ralph LoGrasso
09-12-2005, 07:11 PM
That should be pretty cool. If you guys go, I will probably try to make it. I've got plans on Sat. night though, so it may be hard to get there.

Steve Chryssos
09-13-2005, 04:07 AM
Ya know what? I'm out. All work, no play. I'm in pre-SEMA mode and there's just no time for me to work on the car, let alone drive it.

And yes I'm grumpy. :nopity:

vanzuuk1
09-14-2005, 03:00 AM
Steve Try and make it, I am thrashing to get my car ready. It wont be fun to have the only musclecar amongst the minis and 911s.

My last hurdle will be that my car pulls under braking, they make you do a no hands brake test at tech. I guess I will look at the front end and brakes if the leaf springs and shock dont help. I am hoping that replacing the totally shot shocks, leaf springs and shackles will help a little.

MrAngry
09-14-2005, 07:02 AM
This may be ok - I think my wife volenteered us for a Katrina Relief thingy on Sunday morning, but I'm not sure yet - as soon as I find out I'll let everyone know. If I don't have to go to that I'll hit this event - it sounds pretty cool.

vanzuuk1
09-14-2005, 02:14 PM
Mike will you enter or spectate? I am trying to sort my leaf springs, the car came off the lift too low in the back.Hopefully i will be ready for sunday and i will pass tech.

vanzuuk1
09-15-2005, 06:25 PM
I cant believe no one is interested in this. Bummer.

MrAngry
09-16-2005, 06:21 AM
Yo'! -

I can't make this weekend - my wife has us signed up all day Sunday to man a table at a charity event for Katrina. I'm bummed I can't make it but I would feel pretty crappy if I blew off the volenteering thing... plus my wife would kill me.

When are we having the next get together BTW?

Ralph LoGrasso
09-16-2005, 12:50 PM
It looks like I'm going to have to bail as well. :doh:

vanzuuk1
09-17-2005, 03:09 AM
If I didnt know and like you guys I would call you names.

gsxrken
09-17-2005, 06:05 AM
Dirk, it looks like you'll have to carry the banner for the pt board. Get some video! How'd the 3' drop leafs work out?

vanzuuk1
09-17-2005, 09:23 AM
ken, thanks for moral support.

the springs dropped the car a little too much so bert made longer shackles for now.

I get rid of the air shocks and now i have joe dirt shackles!

Ralph LoGrasso
09-17-2005, 12:03 PM
If I didnt know and like you guys I would call you names.

LOL, if it makes you feel better, feel free to 'cuss me. I really would love to go, but a late night tonight, coupled with about 4+ hours of Acct. work to do by Monday is killing me. Sorry for bailing on ya. Please represent the PT crowd proudly!!

vanzuuk1
09-17-2005, 02:46 PM
Everyone bailed, including mrs vanzuuk1 so i will be there solo.

vanzuuk1
09-18-2005, 06:54 PM
Had a great time, I will post video and more photos soon. The car is still a handful but I didnt hit a cone all day. Some of the full race cars were mowing down cones.

Steve Chryssos
09-19-2005, 06:00 AM
That's an amazing photo. It reveals a lot about stock suspension geometry and the effects of soft front springs. Anyone who is scrathcing their head trying to understand camber curves just needs to stare at that right front wheel for a while. From the video you sent me, it looks like this event is a big deal.
Sorry I missed it. I'm glad you had fun.

Ralph LoGrasso
09-19-2005, 02:37 PM
Looks like a ton of fun! I wish I could've made it out there.

vanzuuk1
09-19-2005, 02:53 PM
Ralph
It was great, crossed the throgs neck bridge under a full moon and full throttle.The event was a little disorganized but I still got to throw the car around on city streets with cops diving for cover. The times will be posted in a few days.A couple of autox ringers with beemers and a lotus elise were the fastest, these guys were smooooooth.I cant wait to do my front suspension , the photo of my front wheel says it all.P.s. I was told i beat the nascar guy.

vanzuuk1
09-19-2005, 03:02 PM
P.S. Thank you Scott for filming, Stephanie Kurt and Ingvor for cheering.

ZuperZport
09-20-2005, 12:01 PM
This event was indeed a little disorganized, (did not start 1st heat until like 1:00 p.m., questions, no answers, chaos, etc, etc.), but I must say it was a blast. Noboby crashed or acted silly which might jeopardize next year's event. The low racer turnout was good in a way since everyone got more seat time. Guys try not and miss this one next year. I think you will have way more entrants and Dirk's Camaro will no doubt be as trick as ever. :3gears:

Attached photo shows the capacity crowd going CRAZY as Van Zuuk takes the checkered flag! :cool:

Damn True
09-21-2005, 01:54 PM
That event looks like it would have been a complete kick in the pants. No way would that thing ever happen out here in CA. Heck, there is a big fight right now in SF because Red Bull wants to put on a ski/snowboard jumping competition on Taylor St. (one of the steeper pitches in the city) and the local residents are all bent out of shape.