PDA

View Full Version : Ride tech. Where to buy ???

Jerry ss 396
12-15-2013, 08:51 AM
I'm ready to buy the 4 link W/coil overs. Ride tech sells it direct or I can buy it thru summit or another big name house. Does anyone have a reason to go with one or the other ??? P.S. 2nd gen Camaro. Thanks.

pedro gonzalez
12-15-2013, 09:06 AM
dandzcustoms.com.Randy Johnson 262-347-9741.Ridetech dealer and a great car builder and very knowledgeable guy.

badazz81z28
12-15-2013, 11:09 AM
I'm ready to buy the 4 link W/coil overs. Ride tech sells it direct or I can buy it thru summit or another big name house. Does anyone have a reason to go with one or the other ??? P.S. 2nd gen Camaro. Thanks.

Summit Racing can't be beat. They will match an out the door prices from anyone. You can get Ride-Tech parts from Summit cheaper than direct from Ride-Tech if you price match. Plus if you buy from Summit Often, you should have got a $50 off coupon this month.

32deucecoupe
12-15-2013, 11:35 AM
Matts had lower pricing and free shipping on my setup, I would give him a shot

paulk68
12-15-2013, 12:45 PM
Matts had lower pricing and free shipping on my setup, I would give him a shot

Agreed, Kim at MCB gave me a GREAT price on my level 2 camaro kit.

dragonfly jones
12-15-2013, 01:07 PM
Matts for me too.

Jerry ss 396
12-15-2013, 01:22 PM
My question was geared more towards the customer service part of the purchase. Like if something has to be sent back ,exchanged or warranty .A better deal on price is a bonus , that's a no brainer !

badazz81z28
12-15-2013, 02:21 PM
My question was geared more towards the customer service part of the purchase. Like if something has to be sent back ,exchanged or warranty .A better deal on price is a bonus , that's a no brainer !

There are some awesome sponsors here for sure. MCB is an excellent source, I have no experience with returns with them.

Classic Nova & Performance
12-16-2013, 11:14 AM
I can only speak for my shop on this. We are a shop that works on cars and installs most if not all of the parts we sell. That's not to say that you might not get someone at Summit or Jegs that is familiar with a specific part. I'm also not saying that we know every part or combination of parts inside and out, but we are direct with the manufacturers and can verify any information that we don't know.

Warranty is normally based on what the manufacturer offers on the product & can vary between manufacturers.

Rod
12-16-2013, 12:44 PM
why not buy from Ridetech? then you build a relationship with the Manufacture? I think they have A Map Pricing policy (Minimum Advertised Price) in order for a vendor to stay a dealer, so pricing is the same everywhere, and you might save 50 bucks going thru a hush backroom deal with someone, but the minute you have a problem, you'll jump on this or some other forum and want Ridetech to answer your question on a Saturday or Sunday when there off work and home(and many times they do), I don't see any backroom guys passing out info 7 days a week on these forums and showing up at racing events all over the states to support customers.....just saying.....that's worth the extra 50 bucks to me, well it has been so far, good service, American Made and a peace of mind that's worth a few duckets more...too me

Jerry ss 396
12-16-2013, 02:55 PM
Thanks guys FOR THE FEEDBACK. I was going to buy it thru my local guy,but found out he was getting it thru a middle man and I was not comfortable with that scenario. I try to support them when I can ,but after talking with the tech guys at RIDE TECH, it was a easy decision. I bought it directly from RIDE TECH.

dragonfly jones
12-16-2013, 03:04 PM
I'm not sure about minimum advertized pricing. I see pricing on their products all over the map. And most are well below factory direct.

Rod
12-16-2013, 04:05 PM
Thanks guys FOR THE FEEDBACK. I was going to buy it thru my local guy,but found out he was getting it thru a middle man and I was not comfortable with that scenario. I try to support them when I can ,but after talking with the tech guys at RIDE TECH, it was a easy decision. I bought it directly from RIDE TECH.

that's awesome, don't get me wrong I'm not saying cut out the middle guy, I'm just saying, if you have a question on were to get it get it from the source

I'm not sure about minimum advertized pricing. I see pricing on their products all over the map. And most are well below factory direct.

look at Summit, Jegs and Ridetech, they are all the same price on the same products, I have stumbled on one or two guys here and there on close-outs or old stock that sell at a lower price on those few parts, but at the Speed shop I worked at and the Race Shop I help at we were assured buy Ridetech that in order to stay a dealer MAP pricing must be meet

badazz81z28
12-16-2013, 06:00 PM
that's awesome, don't get me wrong I'm not saying cut out the middle guy, I'm just saying, if you have a question on were to get it get it from the source

look at Summit, Jegs and Ridetech, they are all the same price on the same products, I have stumbled on one or two guys here and there on close-outs or old stock that sell at a lower price on those few parts, but at the Speed shop I worked at and the Race Shop I help at we were assured buy Ridetech that in order to stay a dealer MAP pricing must be meet

In many cases, places like Summit offer the best shipping prices and never have return issues. I usually use them so I can use my speed card and the coupons they offer.

Rod
12-16-2013, 06:26 PM
In many cases, places like Summit offer the best shipping prices and never have return issues. I usually use them so I can use my speed card and the coupons they offer.

Yep, totally I agree, for example tonight I looked at the tru-turn every body was the same, Ridetech had 10 ship anywhere and Jegs had free shipping! so that's really cool

Jerry ss 396
12-16-2013, 06:53 PM
Ride tech was the same price as almost everyone , free freight and no tax to boot !! NO BRAINER. The tech guys were totally helpful.

Classic Nova & Performance
12-17-2013, 12:28 PM
I can understand you purchasing direct from Ridetech, and that is totally your choice. I can assure you that when it comes to warranty issues we would as a Ridetech dealer assist our customers with any warranty issues as should any Ridetech dealer. The same would hold true on technical issues. There are also times when we as a dealer will offer half price or free shipping independent of any offer from Ridetech. I'm hopeful that people will keep there local dealers in mind when making purchases.

Please don't misinterpret this as anything negative towards Ridetech, far from it. They are an excellent manufacturer with great people working for them and offer excellent quality parts that are made in the USA. I'm confident you will be very happy with your purchase.

alphaenvirmgt
12-17-2013, 07:14 PM
I bought my Ridetech stuff for my 1984 Buick Grand National from Scot at GNS Performance in Tennessee. He was very helpful. He contacted Ridetech several times to resolve some teething problems with new TruTurn stuff for G-body.
Conrad

67RSRAG
12-18-2013, 06:36 PM
Regardless of who you buy from whether a dealer or direct, I would hope that Ridetech would support their vendors (by helping you out if you had any questions) . I personally would support the vendors because they also offer real world experience that is often less-biased because of all the different lines they carry. Just another point of view.

6supersport7
12-18-2013, 07:15 PM
Just ordered a stage 2 air kit/muscle bars from Matts Classic Bowties. I talked with Ridetech first as their headquarters are less then an hr from where I live. MCB was cheaper by almost $500. Ridetech told me that they could not price match due to deals with their dealers. I would have much rather just drove and picked up my stuff from Ridetech, but $500 was just to much savings. I also got free shipping and a key fob! Customer service has been great with MCB and I am looking forward to receiving my shipments here soon.