PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the new garage section

Larry Callahan
12-14-2013, 07:32 PM
Thanks to Ryan for the idea of creating a section for garages. Please share your garage and what you learned that worked and didn't work. Like Ryan said most of us couldn't build all these cool cars without a garage to do it in.

raustinss
12-14-2013, 07:50 PM
Thanks again Larry so for everyone who's building a garage...a garage reno...whatever..let's throw them up here . I will be posting a garage build in the next few days...maybe weeks..holidays lol
Ryan Austin

lftnwhls
12-25-2013, 05:13 AM
I am still working on the shop a little at a time while trying to restore my Camaro.

50' x 48' x 13' completely open no interior walls,(2) 16 x 10' Doors to fit car trailer in, Chamberlan Jack shaft openers. 2" SM foam under the concrete and hydronic in floor heat. No boiler or wall insulation yet. 100A/240V service, 12000lb 2 post. Just glad to be in out of the wind rain and snow.

I try to bite off a chunk of the build every year. I started the Build July 2009.

Twinstang
12-25-2013, 05:17 PM
Wow that's absolutely gorgeous

SRD art
12-25-2013, 05:42 PM
As soon as I hit the powerball lottery I'm gonna build a garage that looks like an old gas station from the front. 2 old restored pumps out front, a small "store" on the right with vintage oil cans and other cool stuff, and on the left two bay doors. As you go through the bay doors you'll see my two favorite cars parked just inside. Behind that is a a garage that is the width of the front facade and goes back about 120 feet or so, fully equipped for building more of my favorite cars. Now, if Utah only sold lottery tickets... :) Looking forward to seeing other's dream garages on this thread.

raustinss
12-25-2013, 08:53 PM
My god the whole property is gorgeous only thing your missing is a tunnel from the house to the garage to avoid the winter cold lol looks awesome, I'm trying to set up something on here with my new boss as a sponsor www.garagescapes.ca absolutely amazing garage cabinetry, epoxy floors etc... And I promise be fore the holidays are over ill be posting my garage build should get it done before the spring...well that's the plan at least
Ryan Austin

FlyDoc
12-27-2013, 01:03 AM
I am still working on the shop a little at a time while trying to restore my Camaro.

50' x 48' x 13' completely open no interior walls,(2) 16 x 10' Doors to fit car trailer in, Chamberlan Jack shaft openers. 2" SM foam under the concrete and hydronic in floor heat. No boiler or wall insulation yet. 100A/240V service, 12000lb 2 post. Just glad to be in out of the wind rain and snow.

I try to bite off a chunk of the build every year. I started the Build July 2009.
I like the way you have kept the look, matching your shop to your house!
do you have a home owners association? if you would have just put up a steel building you might be done by now!

lftnwhls
01-01-2014, 03:49 PM
For my wife the shop either matched the house or it was a no go. I love it! I built it myself and it is my pride and JOY. I wanted a Big garage since I was a small boy.