PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble sourcing a mid-generation MRC equipped Corvette BCM

HellPhish89
12-14-2013, 02:54 PM
Im going crazy trying to find one. The BCM controls which, as far as I know, does the operations in the green box. The brake controllers are easy to get. I already have a suspension controller.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

So, anyone A) have any sources where I could find one and B) ever played with teh BCM/GMLAN

I wasnt sure where this really fit so.. 'General' it is =/.

MonzaRacer
12-15-2013, 02:20 PM
2000 Corvette BCM doesnt control suspension, the Chassis control computer does.
Try www.car-part.com

HellPhish89
12-15-2013, 03:08 PM
2000 Corvette BCM doesnt control suspension, the Chassis control computer does.
Try www.car-part.com

like i pointed out in the OP. i have a suspension controller and the BCM does (afaik) what is in the green box of the picture. the pink box is taken care of by the suspension controller. the bcm gathers the information from the brake controller then feeds them, via can-bus or 'GMLAN' to the suspension controller. the switch for the suspension is actually wired into the system through the BCM.

i theorized that it works that way because of how the system is wired and where the various sensor inputs are actually going. i do not believe the suspension controller actually takes in raw sensor inputs except for suspension position.

MonzaRacer
12-15-2013, 03:13 PM
Actually the system is made to operate together. Hence the network setup. BUT the suspension control comes basically from the chassis control computer it merely receives and send information from other modules such as pcm, ipc, etcetera.

HellPhish89
12-16-2013, 03:12 PM
Actually the system is made to operate together. Hence the network setup. BUT the suspension control comes basically from the chassis control computer it merely receives and send information from other modules such as pcm, ipc, etcetera.

i know its the system as a whole. the BCM looks to be a 'hub' of sorts in the system. basically, the programming of the body control module is needed to retrofit the system. as you can see in the wiring, the system is a little.. wonky.

im not worried about teh brake controller because as far as i can tell.. it is the same whether its an F55 suspension or not. the SCM (suspension controller module) gets steering angle directly from the EBCM (electronic brake controller) but not all the other information (which i believe is delivered via GMLAN).

ive had glimpses of the program used to tune the system but no where near enough info in that. if anyone has more info on how it actually works (ie..is it similar to how the LS1 ecms were programmed?), awesome! if not.. well. crud..llol.
concerning parts stores, i have looked around and they sell new stuff that has to be programmed (dont have a way to do that) and the used ones are like picking through a haystack of needles and the staff dont know the cars they came from. so, enter this thread..heh

MonzaRacer
01-09-2014, 10:24 PM
You can pick up a knock off Tech 2 or GM MDI for oem program files. transplanting complete system is about only way to get majority of systems working together off the oem car.
Honestly I dont see the benefits over the complexity of adapting that much of a "factory" mess. Yes I know there are up sides buy after adapting factory stuff into older cars the headache tends to get worse the more boxes you install.
THIS is why I have been working out how to install a basic 3 channel ABS using parts from early/mid 2000 half ton trucks. So far they work decent.
Still trying to figure out how too allow for different diameter wheels/tires. MIGHT have fix there.
BUT BCM/ECM/MRC/EBCM plus any other appropriate boxes would have to be installed, ie what ever the car setup came with. Kind of like a guy I know who was having issues with a Factory Five Cobra with Mustang parts,,,, turns out his GEM module was incorrect. Had to delve into electronics and pull out old VIN, then order new one ,,then car would work right. Man was he PO'ed at junkyard.
OH the web site for the factory scann tools is www.chinacardiag.com