PDA

View Full Version : Prodigy Customs ripped me off

navyflyer72
12-06-2013, 06:02 AM
I have been in comms with the moderators both here and at Lateral-G.net. I was given permission to post again in order to clear my name. Although I deserve a public apology for the final post that all but calls me a liar in the last Prodigy posting I wonder if I will get one. That post had 10,000 views in roughly three weeks, so its a shame that a victims integrity would be called into question in the final post and the thread locked. Especially for the reasons I found out this happened.

So what follows is the truth as far as I can tell. I can only tell you what I have firsthand knowledge. Anything I relate that I got secondhand will be annotated as such.

I was told that someone had called the moderators and claimed that my story was incomplete.

I was told that this person was Michael Serafine, Franks son, who was also the President and manager of
prodigy (per the publically available court documents)

I was told that Michael made a number of claims regarding my post, like, I had missed several payments,
Frank had to put my Camaro into storage, my wife tried to sell my Camaro while I was deployed, these were
the ones I was told about.

This call was enough to prompt the moderator of lateral-g.net to take down a support thread and post a one
line thread explaining that information had come to light that needed to be verified before the post would be
returned to the forum. Here on PT.com the thread was locked with a final post from a moderator that makes
me look like a liar.

I stayed up last night until 4 am, forwarding over 30 emails and email chains to garickman (who is a retired
disabled-in-the-line-of-duty Police Officer) to review the communications between me and my wife and Frank
and Lisa at Prodigy over the 5 years my car was in Franks possession.

I had over 104 emails in my email between me and Frank. 69 of those were initiated by me, 28 were
initiated by Frank, 7 were from my wife to Frank. As you can see, most of my emails were not responded to.

The rough timeline looks like this:

Dec 2008 first contact with Frank regarding taking on my car for mods

18 Jan 2008 Frank picks up my Camaro from Maryland and takes it to Fl and $500 (rough date)

4 Apr 2008 Frank receives $4800 credit card payment

5 Apr 2008 Frank receives $3800 credit card payment

7 Apr 2008 Frank sells wheels/tires/rear, engine and subframe off my car and gets $7367 in cash these are parts that were sold on PT.com, and you can read this in my build thread as I sold many parts to forum members, I will include a price breakdown later in this post when I show the rest of the money.

18 Apr 2008 Frank emails that he is starting work on my Camaro, he had it since Jan, but he told me then it would be a while until he could get it in to the shop due to other builds and lack of space.

21Apr2008 Frank sends a 2 page invoice and that shows parts bought (totaling $23,927.30) and money received to date totaling $16,467.

I am deployed this time and the Navy had screwed up my pay. I hadn't been paid in two months and a bonus I was expecting was late. My wife (despite being angry that I told her that the Prodigy work would only be around $10k) was coordinating the work on my behalf in my absence. I have sent her emails to garickman. She explained the pay situation with Frank and she had a plan to get him paid off for what was owed still and Frank was good with the plan.

between the end of April and June she send Frank a $2500 payment

2Jul2008 My wife send him the final payment of $7000 credit card payment

as of 2Jul2008 Frank had $25,967 in cash. The parts had been $23,927, there was $2000 paid towards the labor already completed.

Frank had estimated $6000 for labor (he was charging me $50/hr which he said was his rate for military) and I had paid $2000 of that at this point. based upon what I picked up last week, 90% of this labor never happened.

In 2008 Frank sent me 10 emails

In 2009 Frank sent me 5 emails

In 2010 Frank sent me 6 emails

In 2011 Frank sent me 1 email (I originally thought this was zero, but I found one email in another account)

In 2012 Frank sent me 3 emails

In 2013 Frank sent me 5 emails, they were all in the last three weeks coordinating for me to pick up what was left of my Camaro.

I will attach to this post a picture of the two page invoice that Frank sent on 21Apr2008, my credit card and debit card statements showing payments on the above listed dates of the above listed amounts to GPSUPERSTORE, which was Prodigy's parts charge name.

In the years that followed I received one Frank initiated email. Every other bit of communication was initiated by me. Most of those were not responded to. I grew increasingly frustrated as the years passed and the excuses continued and the deadlines proposed by Frank came and went without a call or email, and I would email him and he would not reply and when he finally would reply he had another (usually compelling and seemingly true) excuse, that I would buy and give him slack. He was a con artist.

Just like James Frank Serafine- Franks father who was charged and found guilty in 1987 for a similar scam using Mustangs- Frank was a scam artist as well. He was talented and engaging and had a big personality, but he was a liar. He built amazing cars, big name cars, SEMA cars, cars for Shaq, he ensured people whose opinions in the community never had delays with him (moderators on this site and other sites for instance, per their own admission in my last post). These are tactics of a con artist. Look at Bernie Madoff, he was a Ponzi scheme con artist, but he made millionaires in the process, because they spread the word and got him more business. Frank got the word out by building big name cars off the backs of the regular joe's he was screwing over to the tune of several hundred thousand dollars.

guys like Hard2Core and I essentially lost $100k or more. Hard2Core sent Frank a '69 Camaro and $100k, he got back some parts and a shell of a '69 Camaro. I sent Frank a finished '67 Camaro PT machine that I had spent around $100k on over 7 years (bought her in Nov 2001 - Frank picked her up Jan 2008). Let me list out the parts Frank has on the invoice that he says he purchased, and let me tell you what I received from that list:

This is on the invoice I will attach from 21Apr2008:
$6400 Forgeline wheels/tires
$6400 DSE hydroformed subframe/w coilovers, rack&pinion and swaybar
$379 DSE minitube
$175 DSE through body weld-in subframe connectors
$660 DSE billet hood hinges
$1600 G Bar rear suspension
$2500 Moser 12 bolt (shortened)
$3500 Wilwood brake kit
$1900 TKO600
$276 shipping for wheels/tires
$16.50 shipping for shocks
$120 press off axel bearings for brake brackets and new bearings

Total - $23,927 (this is on front age of invoice) of this $23,514.50 is for parts.

Here is what I received from that list:

mini tubs and SFC's, totaling $554. So I am missing $22960.50 in brand new parts! Where are they? In their place is the rusted junkyard running gear from a mid-60's car. Rusted 10 bolt, rusted leaf springs, Rusted spindles and springs up front, rusted partial drum brakes, steel wheels with two lug nuts each.

Parts that are just plain missing off my Camaro that were never supposed to be sold (this is an incomplete list as I am not done going over the car, I am sure this list will grow)

Aluminum Be Cool radiator and fans
drive shaft
aluminum spindles
hotchkis subframe connectors
headers that I had bought with the 383 Engine from Texas
most of my accessories, though these may be sitting inside my Camaro, but I haven't had time to get inside, since the lock knobs were removed and the doors locked and I didn't receive the keys to my car.

All of these parts were never to be sold off and I don't have them. This is roughly $3-4000 in parts, simply gone.

I will gladly send all of the emails that I sent to garickman to anyone who wants to verify my story. I am attaching the invoice and credit card statements to this post, I have proof of everything I have stated. Which is why I am so bothered by this situation that I stayed up all night proving my integrity. I am a 23 year Mustang Naval Officer, Pilot and Intelligence Officer, I am a father, a husband, and a brother to 4 military brothers (one passed away) and one military sister and I do not lie. I have deployed to Iraq twice, Afghanistan 7 times, Somalia, and several other more sensitive areas, I have worked with Special Forces in the ground for the last 8 years, to have my integrity questioned because Michael or Frank Serafine says I am lying is both a slap in my face and beyond acceptable. Frank has been convicted in court and Hard2Core has $136k in judgements against Frank, as well as a ton of court costs. Do you think he will ever see any of that money. I'll tell you the answer, no. The Canadian millionaire that invested in Prodigy placed liens on everything Frank owns, so that option is out. Look at the number of people who posted on my last thread talking about the parts they never received or that took over a year to receive from Frank. He scammed so many and yet if they say something their word is taken over ours? What gives?

I want to point out that 27 year old Michael Serafine is now running another muscle car business in Orlando (Altamont Springs I believe to be more accurate), I believe it is called Muscle Car Dynamics. Can anyone tell me why/how the President/Manager of Prodigy would have another business after he was named in the lawsuits against Prodigy, and he has this place less than 18 months after Prodigy closed up shop (I think even less time, but not sure exactly)? He couldn't have qualified for a business loan? Where did the money, tools, equipment, parts etc come from? I don't know. I am simply pointing out something that is fishy and all this information is publically available. PM me and I can send you links.

Yet my integrity is questioned.

I posted to warn everyone that no matter how big a builder is, or how highly recommended they are on these forums, you too can get screwed. If the mods would repost that thread you can re-read my posts and you will see that there is nothing in there that this - more detailed- thread doesn't bear out to be true. I never lied, I never asked anyone for anything. My sole purpose was to warn others, especially the younger enthusiasts on these forums.

I hope this post illuminates the full and complete story, if anyone wants the emails to back this all up, PM me or ask me to post them. I have no problem posting them all. You can also go on my build thread and see exchanges between Frank and I on there. You will see he threatens to "air my dirty laundry" that being that my wife got pissed that I spent $25k more on a car I had already spent nearly $100k on already. OK, there it is, my wife was mad that I spent more money than I told her about, does that situation sounds familiar to anyone on here??? To address the claim that my wife tried to have Frank sell my car while I was deployed, she says not only is that not true, she sent me all her emails between her and Frank and one email even asks Frank if he could finish the car in the next two months so she can surprise me with it as a welcome home from deployment gift. Yup, I have that email too for anyone who wants me to forward it to them.

Or was my dirty laundry that I was without pay, while deployed to Afghanistan for two months because of a Navy DFAS pay issue? Oh, sorry Frank, I couldn't pay you for 8 weeks the final $7000 of the $25000 that I gave you for parts that I never received or labor that was never performed. Is that the dirty laundry?

I am an open book and I have the emails and phone records to prove it. So if you Frank, or you Michael have something that refutes this, bring it, post it and then tell me where $22,000 worth of my new parts are and also where about $3-4000 in my parts that were on my car that weren't to be sold are? Tell me that.

Because the bottom line of this whole thing is Frank and Michael and Prodigy are thieves. They took my money, they took my parts, the billed for labor never performed. I have the $5000 shell of a Camaro sitting in my garage as proof. I will repost the picture of my Camaro when I gave her to Frank and the pictures of what I picked up last week.

Now someone, anyone please question my integrity again, you know who I am talking to.

navyflyer72
12-06-2013, 06:06 AM
Those were the before pictures (some were from right before and after I installed the Moser rear which was in 2005 before I packed her up in a U-Haul and moved from Washington State to Maryland) She only ever had a few hundred miles on her before Frank got her. The pics outside by the grass are from a few months before Frank picked her up. Here are the after pics. Note no bolts in the engine mounts, no shocks front or rear, rusted junkyard drivetrain, look at subframe connectors completely rusted, installed in 2010 per Franks emails.

navyflyer72
12-06-2013, 06:13 AM
And here's the invoice from 21Apr2008. And the credit card and debit card statements showing the payments.86686866858668486687

navyflyer72
12-06-2013, 06:53 AM
My hope is to get into my Camaro this weekend and get a complete accounting of what is there and what is missing. I will be sure to post this updated list along with pictures over the weekend. I suspect the total loss of parts will eclipse $30k once I pull the receipts from my build folder for what is gone.

DTM Racing
12-06-2013, 07:41 AM
I wish you the best of luck in resurrecting your Camaro. As a shop owner, I can't imagine doing that to a customer. I would hope that your tragedy reminds folks to do a lot of homework before passing off your car and a lot of hard earned money to a stranger a long distance away. I know most of my customers ask for updates quite often, and I try to post progress on the Facebook as much as possible to assure them that their money is going into their cars and no where else.

garickman
12-06-2013, 09:00 AM
George, I am so glad that the mods here on PT.com, allowed you to post and clear your good name.

For those that don't know, I am the person who started the thread on Lateral-g to help George keep his dream alive. I can tell you that before it got derailed by some "new information" that was never verified, it was really starting to pick up steam.

I am not going to go in details about how many people and vendors were willing to help but I personally think we could have pulled it off. For the last several days, I have spent countless hours on the computer sending emails and PM's and dozens upon dozens of phone calls, first in an effort to help George with his dream and then in an effort to clear his good name. My emotions ran high about what George was going through and I said some things to people I probably should not have said this includes several moderators of both PT and Lat-g. I would like to apologize for that, but to be honest if I had to do it all over again I would.

In my wildest dreams, I never thought starting a thread to help a fellow man and what I consider a hero would actually ending up kicking him while he was down. So I will say this to George Hartwell on a public forum;

"George, although it was never my intention. I want to apologize to you for getting your hopes up again on finishing your dream. I really thought this was going to work. I want to apologize for whatever part I played in smearing your name and for that I am most sorry"

I would be honored if we could remain in contact with each other and once again thank you for your service to our country.

Lastly, I would like to point this out for those that don't know. Dante (hard2core) lost more money than anyone else. He lost $100,00.00 to Prodigy and another $40,000.00 in legal fees. Although he won a judgement against Frank and Prodigy, he will most likely never see that money. When Dante found out that I was starting a movement to help George (navyflyer) complete is dream car he never once said why George and not me. Instead when Dante found George did not have a place to store his car right now, he offered to pay storage for up to one year and he offered a cash donation to help rebuild.

It is men like Dante and George that make me proud to be American.

Jon69RagTop
12-06-2013, 01:48 PM
I applaud the moderator of this board for allowing you to post this. It was the right thing to do first of all, and I hope to see a similar update on the other forum too.

Secondly, George your integrity was never in doubt with me. I believe your story and have no trouble finding negative posts about the previous builder.

I truly hope this incident does not destroy your passion for the hobby or the people associated with it. If Greg is able to put a plan together to help you, I'm in. Personally I want to "Thank You" for your services to our country and all the people's lives you have touched while in deployment. I hope as a community, somehow, even if its without sponsorship that we can help you in some way. I'm rooting for Greg to figure out the details.

Thank you again.
Jonathan.

navyflyer72
12-06-2013, 05:39 PM
Guys, first off let me thank everyone who has supported me. Especially Greg and Dante for their unwavering support. I would also like to thank John Parsons here and Jody at Lateral-G for communicating with me and giving me the green light to post this up. I will copy this post over on Lateral-G tonight also.

I want you all to know that just being permitted to clear my name means a lot to me. I told John Parsons that losing this money does not define me, it is my family and my integrity and how I conduct myself despite being knocked down that defines me.

I could lower myself to the same level as Frank if you look at his responses to me in previous threads where I called him out on not responding to me and taking too long. He attacked me, blamed me and did anything but take any responsibility at all for my car taking 2-3 years at that point to get done, and it wasn't even done then. I tried to make it look like I was to blame, like my wife was conspiring to sell my car, when in fact she was emailing him when I was deployed to try and get him to finish the build to surprise me.

It is -in a sick sort of way- kind of humorous that Frank thought he could get away with this scam. As if he would be able to do this to people and he would still be considered a stand up guy.

Enough Frank and Prodigy bashing though. I need to put him and what he did to me and my family behind me and look forward. What I do now defines me.

I hope you all understand that no matter what I decide to do with my Camaro, I will always read about, come out to shows and events, and watch the shows about our hobby. I will support you all in one form or another, but I will never criticize you if you have been wronged by a shady scam artist. In this country we are innocent until proven guilty. In this case the wrong doer has been proven guilty in at least one civil case (Dante's case) in a court of law. I think that is why I was so angry last night when it felt like I was being made out to be the bad guy. I stayed up all night pulling emails, writing a summary of those emails and forwarding them to folks I was verifying my story with. By the time I was finished it was morning and time to go to work. I was pretty steamed at work also. I kept trying to figure out how I was turned into the bad guy. I mean, I'm the victim here. It was like blaming the bank for getting robbed.

Regardless, the mods have seen it appropriate to allow me to say my piece and present the verification of my story. I hope that the above post and attachments do that. If not I can just as easily start attaching the emails. They clearly tell the whole story. I sure hope there is no one out there who still believes that any part of what I have posted is a fabrication, or even a stretching of the truth. It is not.

Tomorrow I plan to go over my Camaro from top to bottom and figure out exactly what is missing besides the pieces I listed in the first post. I am afraid to find out, but I am estimating somewhere between $3000-$5000 in pieces missing that were not to have been taken off the car.

I will be sure to post up pictures of every aspect of my car, along with the comparison pictures from my photo archives.

Thanks Jonathan for your words of understanding and support. I'm still hoping to link up with Ryan and Steve here in Northern Virginia soon. I'll let everyone know when that happens, I am excited to see their builds, they both sound amazing.

More soon.

-George

navyflyer72
12-06-2013, 07:31 PM
Here is a link to a thread I started when my car went to Prodigy. Pay close attention to the dates and realize that the long gaps in posts are when I was deployed. Then my posts #30 and #32 call Frank out for not moving ahead on m build in over 2 years. The he blows up and threatens to post me emails (go ahead, I will too, they support all my allegations against him) he says I'm $5000 behind in payument for labor. OK, let's do some math. If Frank is charging me $50/hour labor (military rate) that would be 100 hours. So far all he did was was halfway install SFCs and Minitubs, and that's all they ever did to my car, minus removing parts that they sold, or stole (see above post for list of these parts)

Here is the link to that thread:

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/57147-Project-Flyin-Blind-at-prodigy-Customs

Regards,
George

navyflyer72
12-06-2013, 07:49 PM
Here is a thread from when was laid up in a Canadian Field Hospital in Kandahar injured in May 2008. This post shows that Frank knew about the Navy pay SNAFU and you can see from the above invoices that at the time of this thread Frank had $16,500 of the $23k for parts, he received $2500 in June and $7000 in July of 2008. If you read the post from Frank from the link in the above post you will see that Frank claims to have had to buy $20k in parts with his own money since I didn't pay him. In reality he had $16,500 when he started work, so even if he had bought the parts all at once the most he would have been out of pocket would be between $3000-$6,000. But based on the numerous stories of Frank never ordering parts, and taking months nd years to get parts, its a safe bet that he is lying here, and he never ordered the parts, if he did, well then, where are they?

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/43555-Hello-from-Afghanistan?highlight=

navyflyer72
12-06-2013, 07:56 PM
This is my post from Jan 2013 when I finally blew a gasket over how long it had been. I had spent months calling and emailing with no responses. I was getting ready to deploy again so I was in the work up cycle, but I still called and emaied nearly constantly for months.

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/95677-My-67-Camaro-has-been-at-Prodigy-Customs-for-4-years!-!?highlight=

kochevy67
12-06-2013, 08:12 PM
If I may I would like to chime in with a little advice. I am in Law Enforcment and I can tell you that this is a criminal offense PERIOD. It is fraud and / or deceptive practice. If it happened to one person I would say it would be harder to sell as a criminal offense, but now that there are multiple victims I can tell you I would definitely contact the Police Dept. or Sheriff's office of the county or city where Frank cashed or received monies from you to perform the work. I would also reach out to Hard2core and ask him if Frank was ever deposed under oath and if so inquire about acquiring a certified copy of the deposition. You may become very educated at what people say under oath. Unforunately there are thousands of these cases that happen daily and go unnoticed due to the fact that the victims are told it is a civil matter. If you do not get anywhere with local law enforcement I would contact the Attorney General's Office in Florida and ask them for assistance. Being that you are in the service they may be more inclined to take a look at this case. Which also makes me want to thank you for your service to the country. Good luck with this.

parsonsj
12-06-2013, 09:32 PM
There's a thread somewhere that talks about Prodigy Customs being investigated by the Sanford FL police internet crimes task force. I don't know that we've ever heard what became of that.

bret
12-07-2013, 04:17 AM
George and Greg...I am still on board with my original offer.

sjaroslo
12-07-2013, 04:24 AM
John, I am pretty sure that thread was pulled and the reason given was something along the lines of the investigation was supposed to not be public and when the detective found out that it had been posted on an Internet forum, either he or the OP requested it to be pulled down.

navyflyer72
12-07-2013, 11:51 AM
kochecy67 - Thanks, I have actually been researching if this meets the criteria for a criminal charge. This helps.

Bret - I appreciate your offer. I'll be in touch and I'm sure Greg will also.

John - My wife actually pulled the publicly available information on the Sanford POlice Internet Crimes Task Force. While neither filing criminal charges or passing my information to the investigator with the Internet Crimes Task Force is likely to result in me getting my parts or money, I'm still going to do it.

Regards,
George

navyflyer72
12-07-2013, 11:53 AM
Here is another email that I pulled from the archives. This is an email from Frank in Jan of 2008, before he came to pick up my Camaro. He says verbatim:

"Even if your not ready $$$$ we could tuck it away until we are both ready. it will be a couple months before I am ready anyway."

Here's the email.86790

navyflyer72
12-07-2013, 11:57 AM
Here's the email right after that one stating that his labor rates are normally $60, but for military he charges $50.86791

navyflyer72
12-07-2013, 12:05 PM
Here's an email from Frank from April 1, 2008, in it he says that he has ordered all the parts on the invoice and they are in and that the only parts they are waiting on are the Wilwood brakes. If you recall from the above attachments, Frank had $7300 in cash from my parts I sold, and then he received $8600 in two credit card charges on 4 and 5 April. 86792

navyflyer72
12-07-2013, 12:11 PM
This email from Frank on 19July2008, (remember from above attachments that he had the final payment on 2Jul, so he now has all the parts money AND $2000 towards labor), in this email Frank he's not worried about the labor money yet, and he also says that as soon as he starts working on my car again it will go quick, so I need to be ready with the remainder of the money. Here it is cut out of the email:

"I will have Lisa do a review, but I think we are super close to even on parts. I am not to worried about labor money right now as it is not that much. We have some labor time in the tear down is about it, but I can have Lisa do a charge if you want and "put it on account"?

I want to go over the budget too as it is important we know all the funds are ready. This is not going to be a long time period of work nce we schedule you back in, so i do not want to be in a situation where we cannot be paid when it is done.

Give me a few days to gather myself after this 3 week thrash. And I can sit down and review everything. I have 2 huge projects fixing to pop, and once I get them out I can start looking at a realistic time we can get you back in the shop."86793

navyflyer72
12-07-2013, 12:19 PM
After that email I called Frank and we talked about the labor to finish and I told him I was close to having what was required. He explained that he had a few cars ahead of me anyway so I would be up after these two cars were finished. He references these two cars in his email on 13 November right after SEMA. He makes reference to trying to get my Camaro done by New Years, as a New Years gift to me.

"I am playing catch up and planing my future, LOL!

We are tidying up on some projects and working the schedule.. We will get you in the shop in a couple weeks and start picking away at it.Maybe a nice New Years present for you?"86794

navyflyer72
12-07-2013, 12:22 PM
So Jan 1st, 2009 came and went and all my calls/voicemails to Frank went unanswered, finally I got through to him in late January on the phone and he says that he is about to start on my Camaro, and that he thinks he can get her finished by April (2009). See attached email.86795

navyflyer72
12-07-2013, 12:38 PM
Here is an email chain that started with my email at the bottom of the chain in May 2009, Franks email at the top of the chain is from June 5, 2009:

Hey George. I guess we need to determine the total work list. That work list kind of grew once the car got here. If it is the original work list doing mini tubs and mechanical, what I am still looking at is 120 hours ($6000) to put it back together. Back together being replacing the subframe, rear suspension, rear, brakes, wheels / tires, engine, and install mini tubs. That has not changed. As I mentioned, I did have to raise labor rates, I am not bumping your labor cost. But I also need to know your able to pay once we get going.

Weather you run it to William for stereo and interior stuff, that is up to you. That will obviously be additional.

Frank Serafine
Prodigy Customs
Pro Touring Specialist
www.ProdigyCustoms.com
407 832 1752 Direct line

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [FWD: Project Flyin Blind status]
Date: Tue, June 02, 2009 7:59 pm
To: [email protected]

Frank,

When you can, send me a labor estimate to install the parts you have to get her all put together and ready to go. The original estimate was about 120 hours at $50/hr for a total of about $6000 in labor. I am working the budget out with Stacey so that we are ready when you are.

I would really like to get this finished before I head down to Florida around mid summer.

Let me know.

R, George

Cc: [email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, May 5, 2009 2:39:29 PM
Subject:RE: [FWD: Project Flyin Blind status]

Hey George, So sorry I forgot to call back,. I just totally forgot, Then I had a 3 day advanced fuel injection class, then I remembered I needed to call, and started to call again, but a another call came in, and then I forgot, Bla, Bla, Bla.

Your leaving messages on Lisa's phone I think, I do not have any messages on my phone unless they are from today which I have not checked the messages yet.

A year ago we were ready and on a roll till the **** hit the fan. We would have been done in a month as I had that project scheduled to be the primary focus. No hard feelings on our end, but by the time I got the all clear you were ready to move forward, we have been slammed to death since. Business actually has been very good, VERY busy

I am going to have to pick away at your project and can start that later this week. I just have too many projects now that are on schedule and the customers money is ready right now to stop one of those to push yours through.

Also, we had to increase out labor rate due to increased rent, utilities, insurance and every fricken other cost of business expense. However I am going to honor our labor rate we gave you. But I need to be able to work your project through the system so it is not quite as much of a hit for us financially.

Anyway, I just tried to call you, call me when you can.

Frank Serafine
Prodigy Customs
Pro Touring Specialist
http://www.prodigycustoms.com/
407 832 1752 Direct line

Subject: [FWD: Project Flyin Blind status]
Date: Tue, May 05, 2009 2:08 pm
To: "Frank Serafine" <[email protected]>

Lisa Serafine
Prodigy Customs
407-832-1824

Subject: Project Flyin Blind status
Date: Mon, May 04, 2009 6:45 pm

Lisa,

I called Frank twice last week and once to you and left messages. The one time I did get a hold of Frank he was about to get his hair cut and said he would call back, never did. I know you guys are busy, but I need a status of my '67 and a finish date.

I know I left you guys in a bit of a bind last year when I got deployed and I didn't have the funds to continue, but it has been over a year now and I think we can both agree that finishing my car and getting some space freed up and some money in your pocket and my Camaro back in my garage is better for all of us.

So when you get a chance could you send me an updated status of my car and a projected finish date. Thanks.

Appreciate any info you can pass at this point.

R, George

navyflyer72
12-07-2013, 12:40 PM
This email chain is from July 2009, just after Franks father passed away. Again I reiterate that I am ready with the funds to finish (I had been telling him this on the phone and in emails since 2008):

Have Jess E Mail me his address. Let me know when your paid and I will ship it out.

Soon as I get this Bull Run car done i can look at schedule and knock this thing out

Thanks for the kind words

Frank Serafine
Prodigy Customs
Pro Touring Specialist
www.ProdigyCustoms.com
407 832 1752 Direct line

Subject: Hope your family is ok
Date: Wed, July 01, 2009 9:23 pm
To: [email protected], [email protected]

Frank and Lisa,

First things first, I wanted to write and express my condolences for the passing of your father. I can not imagine that yet and I hope that you guys are hanging in there through this. I am sure the rest of the car world has been expressing similar thoughts and sentiments but I wanted to also. Both my wife and I hope you guys are getting through this ok.

Frank when last we talked you had been in touch with Jess in Texas about the Muncie and the Hurst shifter. I have been in communication with him on pro-touring.com and we settled on $700 for the trans and the shifter (he does not need the bell housing, I may have a buyer for that too. He is also paying 1/2 the shipping cost. Jess wanted to know when you would be able to ship the transmission and shifter out to him. If you could let me know I will let Jess know and I will get payment for it and push the shipping money to you with an address to ship it to. Whatever you charge for packing the transmission I will add into the shipping charge with Jess and we will split that also.

Other than that I am ready with the money to get my Camaro put back together with the new parts that we stockpiled last year. As soon as you can get started I am ready. Stacey has been putting money aside to cover down on this. So let me know as soon as you can get started on her.

Take care and keep me posted. Thanks.

Warmest Sympathies,
George and Stacey

navyflyer72
12-07-2013, 12:41 PM
This email chain starts with my email on Sep 10,2009, and Frank's response on Sep11, 2009.

Hey George,

To be completely honest, I have not read the first email yet. We are so busy I don't know weather to scratch my watch or wind my ass. Actually it was Lisa that told me needed to read this. I am not trying to ignore you. Just working 16 hours a day, 7 days a week, and ending everyday leaving a few little things un done.

Had we been able to do this on our original schedule, we would all be happy. In the meantime we have had a hell of a year with family health issues and massive growing pains.

I hired 2 guys in May, and one made it 2 months before I gave up on him, the other developed a acute ulcer 6 weeks ago and came back yesterday, but I am not crazy about his performance before the ulcer. So he may be gone soon. It is hard to hire guys to trust to do this to our quality.

Believe me, I want your car done more then you do. But I am off schedule on the cars I thought would be done already because of these new guys not measuring up.The shop right now looks like easter egg basket of F bodies in all different colors, 4 cars are all be finish at once. Soon as I clear some we can ease yours in.

Frank Serafine
Prodigy Customs
Pro Touring Specialist
www.ProdigyCustoms.com
407 832 1752 Direct line

Subject: Flyin Blind request
Date: Thu, September 10, 2009 7:01 pm

Frank and Lisa,

I hope that my previous email did not come across as angry or anything like that. I have a good reason for wanting to expedite my the completion of Flyin' Blind. It is not just because I am impatient (which I can be sometimes) but rather it is because I had a plan to take my Dad on a trip up the coast through the Blue Ridge and further up the Applachin Mountains stopping at his parents old house in North Carolina and the house where I was raised in South Eastern PA. I wanted to do this as a Father-Son bonding trip since he is a huge Muscle Car fan having owned a couple back in his prime ('67 Firebird, '72 Plymouth Duster). We never did get to do much bonding while I was growing up since there were so many kids (8 total) so time was limited. I just found out that his health is starting to go downhill pretty fast. In the past 10 years he has had 2 heart attacks and a stroke. Luckily he recovered pretty darn good from the stroke and the only sign of it is when he gets really tires he slurs a little. With the new news about his health I am worried that if I don't get this done soon, I may not get to do it at all.

So I hope you understand that it is not that I am just an impatient SOB who is bitchin about how long this is taking, I actually have a good reason for wanting to get this finished as soon as is possible so my Dad and I can make the trip I promised him a long time ago (which he has probably forgotten) but I'd like to surprise him with.

Regards,
George

navyflyer72
12-07-2013, 12:44 PM
This set of emails starts on Jan 7,2010 with an email from me, I'm angry now. Frank replies on Jan 11, 2009:

We actually plan to start the mini tubs and start squeezing it through in 2 weeks. My plan is to get it to you for spring.. If you guys want to do it, I am OK with that too.

Just let me know.

Thank You

Frank Serafine
Prodigy Customs
Pro Touring Specialist
www.ProdigyCustoms.com
407 832 1752 Direct line

Subject: Flyin Blind
Date: Thu, January 07, 2010 8:40 pm

Frank & Lisa,

I have been patient and I have explained the situation with my Dad and I really don't have time to waste anymore. You picked up my Camaro 2 years ago and we have been in a holding pattern for almost that entire time. I will take the blame for things stagnating in 2008, but we are in 2010 now and my only desire is to take my Dad on the trip we have been talking about for the last 20 years before it is too late. I propose 2 options:

1. I take leave and come down to help finish my Camaro during my wife and kids Spring Break (27Mar-04Apr). If you start a few weeks before that I can be there for the that time period to help out.

2. I come down during that same period with a trailer and haul everything back up here and have someone else finish the project. Obviously not my preferred option.

I understand you guys are busy, but at some point you need to fit in my car and make it a priority. I see all the great coverage you guys get at SEMA and the cover shots of your projects and I feel like my car is just not a priority to you. Which is wierd because the back story to Flyin' Blind would make an excellent story for Camaro Performers or Pro-Touring magazine. With 4 brothers and 1 sister in the military my Dad and his Muscle car background and the decade of trying to finish this project to take him on the nostalgic trip we have been talking about I think there are only about 20 writers that I know of who would kill for a chance to write about this.

Please get back to me about this right away so I can finalize plans for one option or the other.

Thanks

Regards, George

navyflyer72
12-07-2013, 12:50 PM
This email chain is a continuation of the previous post. I'm explaining to Frank that the time has come to be up front with me, that I need the car done by March/April (2010) at the latest. His response says that can't be done, but May (2010) is probable I changed the font color to highlight these areas:

It has been said a dozen times, had things gone as planned on your end you would have been done on time. You need to understand I am not upset or punishing you. Here is what is happening, we have not taken any new work in 6 months so I can clear some idle projects. Idle for customer reasons, there are 2 others that HAD money issues, everyone caught up their bills current, your the only one with money to actually, so your first up. The other guys may never finish.

Here is where the problem has been. Every scheduled paying customer has been adding to the scope of work once their car is in. We just sent a car home to California that came in for subframe, rear suspension, brakes, wheels tires (sound familiar), then he said, what do you think about the paint? While were painting, what about interior, Can we re wire? Sound familiar? So what ended up happening is it became a full 600 hour build and instead of a 200 hour project being done in 4 weeks, it was 6 months. That pushed off the next car scheduled in line. The car before that was the Bull Run Racer, we were only supposed to do a drivetrain, and we were never supposed to paint the car, we were only touching up a couple spots, but when we dug into those couple spots we found holes you could throw cats through, so we did 350 hours of body and paint, and that delayed the California car I just mentioned that went from 200 hours of work to 600 hours! So you can see there alone is 750 hours, 17 weeks of time that was not planned on just those 2 cars. Both cars are fabulous, and we are proud of both, but it really ****s with my schedule. And now there is a convertible in the shop that came in for paint, and yesterday a 2010 Camaro drivetrain showed up along with 2010 Camaro seats. What was a paint job is going to be a 700-800 hour project and will be one of our premiere builds this year.

So in the meantime, it sure makes it hard to get to the next car to say the least. We are getting down to a manageable amount of projects as we delivered 5 projects in the last 3 months of 2009.

I have to work it through though, I cannot just stop the shop and spend a month or two on Georges car and put off scheduled customers. I have to wiggle you through the sea of cars without blocking flow.So right now I have my brother caught up on fabrication, so he will do the mini tub install and get that behind us. Soon as I can get Michael some available time he will work on suspension, etc. But that will not be the day my brother finishes the tubs, it won't work that way and "wiggle" through.

No one wants your car done more then me, even more then you. I hate having languishing projects. I am tired of tripping over your engine, I have been spending $100 a month for a storage container (your car is one of 2 in there) just to store it. So it cost me $600 a year just to keep your car out of my way. And I hate stuff like this out there period. I have all happy customers. And the customers that get to add to the scope and get a full prodigy build are REAL happy, LOL!

I am not giving a kill date, than I cannot miss a date. But my goal is to get this car done and make sure you get to play in the good weather. March, no way. April, that's pushing. May, more reasonable.

On another note. You were adding some additional stuff interior / sound / console related. I do not want to be involved in any of the interior / console program. I had some issues with William with communication and schedule, a couple other things, and long story short, am not using William anymore and don't want the stress of subletting any part of this job. Right now I do not have anyone here I can refer that work to. We need to keep the interior stock and you find someone there for sound system and interior.

In closing, I know you never intended to screw me when you had your problem, and I have never had intention of screwing you. Your uncontrollable situation caused my uncontrollable situation. I cannot do anymore then I am doing to get to your car through the shop.

Thank You

Frank Serafine
Prodigy Customs
Pro Touring Specialist
www.ProdigyCustoms.com
407 832 1752 Direct line

Subject: Re: Flyin Blind
Date: Wed, January 13, 2010 7:26 am

Frank,

I picked you and Prodigy because of your craftsmanship, you reputation and because of the way you came across when I talked to you. I'm not blowing smoke or kissing your ass, I just got a sense that you are a no nonsense guy who does quality work and when you say something your word actually means something to you. That said, I want you and your guys at Prodigy to finish my car, I've had **** luck with other shops and don't want to have to take my chances somewhere else but I seriously do not have any longer than the time-line I outlined. If I have to go somewhere else it is because I would rather take the chance and just get my car to a point where my Dad and I can go take our trip and afterwards I will get the car done right. If you are serious about getting started on her in the next 2 weeks that's great, but if getting her started and finished by the March-April time-frame is really not possible I just want you to be up front with me.

Thanks.

Regards, George

navyflyer72
12-07-2013, 12:53 PM
My email Mar 20, 2010, cancelling trip to Florida due to my 5 year old breaking her leg. Frank's response on Mar 22, 2010 tells me the mini tubs were installed this week. 2 years after he started work.

I was going to surprise you. mini tubs will be done this week.

Thank You

Frank Serafine
Prodigy Customs
Pro Touring Specialist
www.ProdigyCustoms.com
407 832 1752 Direct line

Subject: Status Update
Date: Sat, March 20, 2010 8:08 am

Frank,

I canceled the trip down to FL next week after my 5 year old broke her leg (full leg cast and swimming at Nanny's don't mix) so my schedule is more open now. What is the current state of lay for 'Flyin' Blind"? Has she even been taken out of storage yet? Send me an update as I would like to coordinate a trip down to help work on her once you get her into the shop full time. I will need a heads up on this though because I will have to clear my work and home schedule in order to make this work.

My plan is to possibly come down during the end of May or middle of June so if either of those sound better to you, let me know.

George

navyflyer72
12-07-2013, 12:56 PM
June 2010, email from me asking about an email I sent on May 23, 2010, prompts this response from Frank on 7 June 2010, his excuse, his email reply probably didn't send:

I answered but must not have sent, or sell check caught it and did not;t send. Mini tubs are done, Frame connectors are done. We have a chance to use a G Link instead of A Prodigy Bar, (if there is any advantage to waiting is better parts). We can go over it when you come by. that will be just about the time i can spend a couple weeks on it again.

Cal me when your close

Thank You

Frank Serafine
Prodigy Customs
Pro Touring Specialist
www.ProdigyCustoms.com
407 832 1752 Direct line

Subject: Status
Date: Sun, June 06, 2010 5:36 pm
Cc: [email protected]

Frank,

I emailed back on the 23rd of May for a status check. I am coming to FL at the end of June and I want to come by and see how far along she is and go over what remains to be done and what our time line looks like.

If you have any pictures of the mini-tubs going in that would be cool too.

Cheers,
George

navyflyer72
12-07-2013, 01:00 PM
After several emails and dozens of phone calls/voicemails not responded to, this is what I get back from Frank after the less than professional blasting he gave me on the forum, that was full of lies.

Here is Franks email from Nov 18, 2010, he states he doesn't understand my excitement and motives about getting the car done, probably because he knows that he has no intention of finishing it, so why should I be excited?:

Hey George.

Part of me understands you excitement and motives and part of me does not. I do not wish to debate it to be honest, we could waste hours! And I am over it now.

When exactly will you be back from Deployment this time? I assume it is 90 days which puts us in spring time? I will promise to have it ready to pick up as soon as you return no matter what heart ache is causes me. let me know the date.

Can't be any more fair then that

Thank You

Frank Serafine
Prodigy Customs
Pro Touring Specialist
www.ProdigyCustoms.com
407 832 1752 Direct line

navyflyer72
12-07-2013, 01:03 PM
Now we fast forward through 2011, because I was in Afghanistan that entire year until I returned in March 2012. As soon as I got back I immediately started calling Frank, with no replies. Here is our email exchange when he finally replies on May 6, 2012:

Been slammed. Don't worry about money until i can start.

I have a auction in 2 weeks with some cars ruuning, lets catch up June 1 and make a plan

Thank You

Frank Serafine
Prodigy Customs
Pro Touring Specialist
www.ProdigyCustoms.com
407 832 1752 Direct line

Subject: Re: Your car
Date: Sun, May 06, 2012 12:04 pm

Frank,
I've been trying to contact you for 6 weeks with no luck. I left two voicemails then your voice mail was full every time I called back. I emailed and no reply, I know you are busy, but we need to get my car done. I need your address, I did not find it on your website, so I can send you money. Please email me your mailing address right away.

R, George

navyflyer72
12-07-2013, 01:05 PM
My email sent June 10, 2012, Frank's reply June 12, 2012:

I am in Canada on vacation, will be back Tuesday. lets chat then

Thank You

Frank Serafine
Prodigy Customs
Pro Touring Specialist
www.ProdigyCustoms.com
407 832 1752 Direct line

Subject: Re: Your car
Date: Sun, June 10, 2012 5:08 pm
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>

Frank,

Congrats on both of these selling, whoever bought that Mustang got one hell of a deal! That is one of the nicest Mustangs I have seen, love the side exit exhaust!

I called the other day, left a message, will try again this week so we can nail down the Camaro schedule.

Talk to you soon.

R, George

navyflyer72
12-07-2013, 01:08 PM
My email from Nov 10, 2012, I am getting ready to leave again for deployment training/preps, I send this email (of course no response):

Frank,

When are you going to return my calls? I've been exceedingly patient, but that has worn thin. You need to call me asap and we need to get my Camaro finished now or I will just come down, pay you for the labor you have completed and load everything up in pieces and haul it back up here and start over.

We are at almost 4 years now, and I have the emails and phone records showing consistent attempts to contact you with no return contact for months on end. Either this is finished before the end of the calendar year, or I am coming down to collect everything and move it out, I can not wait any longer.

It's time to either do it, or don't, but don't leave me hanging with no return calls, no emails. If you think this is unreasonable than call me and explain to me why.

R, George

navyflyer72
12-07-2013, 01:10 PM
My email sent to Frank and Lisa on Jan 6, 2013, right before I left for deployment:

Frank and Lisa,

I have been away from the forums for awhile. But now that I went back on I see that Prodigy has suffered a fall from grace in the pro-touring world. This is both unexpected and unfortunate.

I have left numerous unanswered phone messages and emails since the last response I have had from anyone at Prodigy. I think I don't need to say it, but I will anyway, I am disappointed with how things have progressed and where we are now. I feel like the only way for me to get resolution is to get other parties involved. I am sending a friend out to visit and find out the real story. His name is Doug and he will be coming by soon. As my personal representative I expect you will treat him as you would treat me, and you will show him my '67 and show him both what has been completed and what has not been completed.

This is the last effort I can make before I take more drastic measures, but I have been more than patient. I have told you for years now that I am ready to move forward. That I have the money ready and if you would send an invoice I would pay in advance for the labor required to get this project complete and out of Florida. I was not priority enough, and that is sad that you would treat a customer this way.

You have had your chances, you have given me the BS excuses that you apparently have given everyone. I don't know what has happened to you or your business. Maybe it grew too fast for you and you didn't or couldn't hire talented people quick enough and you got so far behind that it didn't matter. Or you had personal family issues that blindsided you, I can sympathize with you, I know how that is. No matter what the issues you are having you have dropped the ball with a lot of people, you should do right by everyone who you currently have business with and since I have the car that has stayed at your business the longest at this point, so I should get priority.

Doug will visit, you will provide me an invoice within a week of Doug's visit and this project will get finished before March. If you don't show Doug everything, if you don't send me an invoice within a week after that visit, I will be forced to take alternate measures to ensure I get my Camaro back in at least the condition I gave it to you in. Don't make me go that route. And when you read this man up and call me 410-xxx-xxxx stop avoiding the inevitable.

George Hartwell

navyflyer72
12-07-2013, 01:13 PM
This email is from Nov 10, 2013, I have just returned from a 6 month deployment, I have not had an email or phone call from Frank since June 12, 2012 (15 months).

Frank \ Lisa,

I am coming down to Florida to pick up my Camaro and the parts that I bought through you and want to know where to go to pick them up?

I heard that you closed the new facility at 450 North Way earlier this year. Where is my car and parts?

I am not expecting a reply to this email, just as I have not received replies to any attempts to contact you in the last 2+ years. But I would really appreciate you at least making this easier than the rest of this ordeal has been.

Feel free to email or call me. Both my email and phone number are the same, but if you need it it is 410-xxx-xxxx.

Regards,
George Hartwell

navyflyer72
12-07-2013, 01:16 PM
Frank finally replies, and this is the email chain from the last few weeks, just prior to me picking up what was left of my Camaro. Frank tells me that my Camaro is rolling:

Frank,
I had to push to Friday the 29th of November, I'll pass my itinerary as soon as I purchase the flight and rent the u-haul. Please send your friends name and contact info and pass him my email and phone number as well.

I will be in touch again as soon as I buy the tickets.

George

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 13, 2013, at 6:08 AM, <[email protected]> wrote:

The car is rolling. The storage is closed on weekends but we can put it on a trailer and meet. Go trailer to trailer. Sunday is fine. I am not in fla doing some subcontract work in canada but i can have my friend get the car and meet up with you. He just did another for me so I know he will do it. Just let me know your itinery and I will email him and set it up

Thank You

Frank Serafine
Prodigy Customs
Pro Touring Specialist
www.ProdigyCustoms.com
407 832 1752 Direct line

Subject: Re: picking up my Camaro
Date: Tue, November 12, 2013 5:06 pm
To: "<[email protected]>" <[email protected]>

Frank,

I can fly down this Sunday. What condition is my Camaro in, will it roll? Can I get it onto a car trailer?

If so I will make reservations with U-Haul and I will fly down on Sunday, get the truck and trailer and come over to start loading the Camaro.

Also send me the address of the storage so I know where to drive the U-Haul to and how to get in touch with you once I am on my way.

Thanks

George

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 11, 2013, at 5:13 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:

Both Prodigy and personally myself are filing bankruptcy . I have your car safe from the bankruptcy court, they would have trapped the car The car and made Iit ugly for you to get it. The car is in secure storage. You can pick it up anytime you want. You let me know when your coming and we will have it ready.

Thank You

Frank Serafine
Prodigy Customs
Pro Touring Specialist
www.ProdigyCustoms.com
407 832 1752 Direct line

Subject: picking up my Camaro
Date: Sun, November 10, 2013 12:41 pm
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>,
"[email protected]" <[email protected]>

Frank \ Lisa,

I am coming down to Florida to pick up my Camaro and the parts that I bought through you and want to know where to go to pick them up?

I heard that you closed the new facility at 450 North Way earlier this year. Where is my car and parts?

I am not expecting a reply to this email, just as I have not received replies to any attempts to contact you in the last 2+ years. But I would really appreciate you at least making this easier than the rest of this ordeal has been.

Feel free to email or call me. Both my email and phone number are the same, but if you need it it is 410-xxx-xxxx.

Regards,
George Hartwell

navyflyer72
12-07-2013, 01:19 PM
I buy airline tickets for myself and my friend, and I rent a U-haul and car hauler (total cost of trip exceeds $1500 plus airline tickets. I email Frank this a few days before we fly down and ask about all the parts:

Frank,

I bought the ticket for my flight down. I arrive at MCO at 9:55pm on Friday 29Nov. I have a bunch of questions that you can likely answer. Most of them concern the parts that were supposed to be bought after the parts were sold off my car.

I'm asking because back in 2008 you shipped the following parts that I sold off my Camaro to pay for the new parts you ordered:
- Moser 12 bolt rear
- QA1 front and rear shocks
- 13" front and 12" rear Baer brakes
- American Racing torq thrust 18" wheels and tires
- front subframe and a-arms
- subframe connectors (GolbalWest)
- rear leaf springs
- sway bars
- brake flex lines

Also sold was the 350 crate motor, but not sold was the Vintage Air front runner accessory drive system

The Muncie 4 speed was sold

I have the Prodigy invoice for the parts I bought to replace all these parts which include:

DSE front subframe complete with coil over suspension
DSE Rear tubs
DSE subframe connectors
DSE billet hood hinges
Moser rear
Wilwood brakes
Wheels/tires
383 stroker motor

Are these parts installed on my car? You sent me pictures of the tubs being installed and the subframe connectors being installed, which would mean that the DSE front subframe was installed? Is this correct? Is the 383 that I bought installed? What rear suspension is installed?

I need to know what state my car is in to arrange the right transport. Ar most parts installed, or do they need to be loaded up in a u-haul? Are all the parts there? What is missing?

Let me know as I am reserving my transportation from Florida back to Maryland this week. It will likely be a u-haul with a car trailer.

-George

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 14, 2013, at 2:12 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:

Ok. I might be home. Just coordinate through me. If I am away I will make it happen
Thank You

Frank Serafine
Prodigy Customs
Pro Touring Specialist
www.ProdigyCustoms.com
407 832 1752 Direct line

navyflyer72
12-07-2013, 01:21 PM
This email was sent on Nov 20, 2013, nine days before I am supposed to fly to Orlando to pick up my Camaro:

Frank,

I have my tickets on Southwest Airline flight 2472 out of BWEI landing at MCO (Orlando) at 9:55pm on 29Nov.

Why have you not replied to my last email. I need confirmation that I will be able to link up with you or someone when I get down there to retrieve my car and parts. I need to know who that person is and how to get in touch with them and I need this info right away. The tickets are bought and I am coming. I am reserving my u-haul and car carrier tonight.

Feel free to call me as well - 410-xxx-xxxx

-George

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 14, 2013, at 2:12 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:

Ok. I might be home. Just coordinate through me. If I am away I will make it happen
Thank You

Frank Serafine
Prodigy Customs
Pro Touring Specialist
www.ProdigyCustoms.com

navyflyer72
12-07-2013, 01:23 PM
This email is from Nov 25, 2012, Several emails and calls/voicemails trying to get a solid point of contact that I am to meet to pick up my Camaro. I am supposed to fly in 4 days at this point:

Frank,

Flight is set, u-haul is set. Still don't have a contact or pick up location.

George

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 21, 2013, at 8:07 AM, <[email protected]> wrote:

Perfect if I get it out before the end of the month. I am not online all the time nor in this email box. I have limited access up here. I won't be finishing here till mid December but will get someone to meet you. It will most likely be my friend Alvin. I will check his schedule and get him access.

It is on for the 29th, i will have Alvin or someone else if he cannot do it meet up. Soon as I lock whoever it is i will get you guys contact info to one another.

Thank You

Frank Serafine
Prodigy Customs
Pro Touring Specialist
www.ProdigyCustoms.com
407 832 1752 Direct line

Subject: Re: picking up my Camaro
Date: Wed, November 20, 2013 8:51 pm
To: "<[email protected]>" <[email protected]>

Frank,

The U-Haul and car carrier are now reserved.

-George

Sent from my iPad

navyflyer72
12-07-2013, 01:24 PM
This email is from me on Nov 27,2013:

Frank,

Trying again to get solid comms with you. We are coming up on 48 hours from when I am scheduled to board a flight to Orlando with a u-haul reserved for a one-way trip back to Maryland and I have no solid point of contact in Orlando, nor a location of my car.

I need verbal confirmation and phone numbers of who I am meeting and the location where my Camaro is currently located. I will not board a flight to Orlando without verbal confirmation from whomever I am meeting, whether that is you or your friend, I need to talk with the person to confirm that there is someone there who I will be linking up with.

I need this done no later than tomorrow early afternoon.

Call me. 410-xxx-xxxx

-George

navyflyer72
12-07-2013, 01:26 PM
Frank replies to me on Nov 28, 2913 at 1228pm here is his email and my reply:

Frank,
Have your friend contact me. 410-xxx-xxxx

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 28, 2013, at 12:24 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:

I will not make it back so I am finding a flat bed that can pick it up tomorrow before storage closes and meet you somewhere Sat morning. Soon as I work that out tomorrow I will have you two swap information. Believe me, I want it done as much as you as I cannot pay the storage for another month coming up on the 1st

I will make it happen

Thank You

Frank Serafine
Prodigy Customs
Pro Touring Specialist
www.ProdigyCustoms.com
407 832 1752 Direct line

navyflyer72
12-07-2013, 01:28 PM
This is my email to Frank on Dec 1, 2013. He has not replied since before I picked up my car on Nov 30.

Here is what I sent Frank:

I picked up my Camaro yesterday and drove it back to Maryland overnight. I'm sure you've been anticipating this email, even though I have already asked this, but where is everything? The wheels/tires, the radiator, the Wilwood brakes, DSE front subframe with coilovers. And all the other parts that were paid in full. I have rusted junkyard spindles with non functioning drum brakes with steel wheels with 2 lug nuts each. The engine wasn't even bolted to the mounts.

I was expecting the rust, but you didn't even spray anything on the mini tubs or frame rail connectors, which do not look like DSE frame rail connectors.

So where is everything and how do I get the parts or the money. Since you are declaring bankruptcy I would guess that you would rather get me parts. Do you have them?

I don't want to have to take this to the courts, but absolutely will if you do not make this right immediately.

George 410-xxx-xxxx

Sent from my iPad

navyflyer72
12-07-2013, 01:50 PM
So there you have it, these are most of the emails between Frank and I. You can see the BS lies about, getting my car in next, lies about having all the parts, but he needs the money (he likely never had all the parts there!) Despite never buying the parts, he blasted me on the forums for not paying on time.

Since the only two parts that Frank definitely ordered were the minitubs and SFCs (total cost $554) he had over $23,000 of my money and was blasting me for not paying him!

Now whatever information came to light that prompted my threads to be pulled form here and Lat-G, I can not imagine what that info is. You all can see from these attached and pasted in emails that Frank is a liar.

I still have no idea where the other parts that were supposed to still be on the car (my parts that were to be reused) are. As far as I know Frank either used them on someone else's car or sold them. That's about $3000-$5000 in parts that he stole off my car.

I was talking to someone recently and they asked about the lawsuit that my parents started against Ryan Dunn's estate. I want to be very clear about this point because this is the first time I have ever addressed this outside of my family. First, my father's name is also George. I had nothing to do with this lawsuit and was completely against it. When I got back from Afghanistan the day before my brothers funeral, the entire family sat down and we all agreed that we would not sue Ryan Dunn's estate, for several reasons:

1. Ryan and Zac were good friends
2. Ryan and Zac both made mistakes that tragic night
3. Zac would not want us to sue Ryan for both of their mistakes
4. Zac's widow (Rachel) and Ryan's fiancee (Angie) would be the people who would be hurt the most by a lawsuit!

I am friends with Rachel and Angie to this day. Although I do not stay in close contact with them. About a year after Zac's death I found out that my father and mother (who I don't have contact with for my own reasons) were suing Ryan's estate. I knew that they were in a bad financial state and I knew that this lawsuit was not founded in anything other than trying to get money. I called every one of my brothers and sisters and let them know that I was completely against this frivolous lawsuit and told them all that I hoped they weren't part of it. Then I called my parents and read them the riot act and accused them of purposely trying to hurt Zac's widow Rachel.

I called Rachel and told her that I would help her and Angie in any way I could to beat this stupid lawsuit. At this point Rachel was living with Angie since my brother had no life insurance she was left with almost nothing.

I have never heard if this lawsuit was dropped, but I don't think my parents had enough money to pay the lawyers to execute the lawsuit (at least that's what I hope). Rachel is remarried and has a son and I know she has moved on. I'm not sure about Angie.

If someone looked up my name in Google and saw a lawsuit against Ryan Dunn and my name on it, it was my father and I am totally against it. This is now public record, since I have never told anyone about this before except Rachel, my brothers and sisters and my parents. If this is what has people questioning what type of person I am, I hope this clears the air. Like I have said before, I know right from wrong. I will ALWAYS chose the right thing.

If anyone on here is friends with any of the Jackass crew (Bam, Johnny Knoxville, etc) feel free to have them contact Angie or Rachel and ask about me and my support for them after Zac and Ryan died, and what I did for them when I found out about the frivolous lawsuit by my parents.

If anyone has anything about me that they think is not above board, either post it on here so I can address it, or PM me and I will address it, but there is nothing out there about me that is not above board. Other than the information I protect at work, I am completely transparent and willing to talk about everything about me.

-George

67speedfreak
12-07-2013, 01:53 PM
George,
I am so sorry to hear this happened to you ! I am glad that you did get your car back though.

Brian

navyflyer72
12-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Now for an update, I just got done unlocking the Camaro (I didn't get the keys back with the car and the doors were locked and the lock knobs removed). When I got in, I found a bunch of engine parts, listed below"

alternator/plug wires
water pump w/ pulley
Power steering pump w/ pulley
Some of my Vintage Air Front Runner brackets
Vintage Air Front Runner tensioner pulley
Edelbrock intake
Demon carburator
thermostat

the alternator is rusted, don't know if this is a part that can be rebuilt (see picture)
Rest of the parts are dirty and a little banged up

Interior is a wreck. Although not all of that is from Frank. The dash wiring looks like it was pulled down, though I don't think they were prepping for the center console mock up or install. So not sure why all the wiring is pulled out.

More in a second (note: the picture of the rear interior posted sideways for some reason)

navyflyer72
12-07-2013, 03:50 PM
The carpets are rolled up in the trunk, the battery is gone. I took pictures of the top of the SFC's in the floor of the back seat. They aren't as rusted as they are underneath the car. mini tubs are rusted in the trunk. Took some more pics under the car, of the rear end and drum brakes.

On an interesting note, there is a transmission bolted to the engine, with a bell housing, not sure if there is a clutch. Heck I don't even know what transmission this is. Anyone have a guess at what kind of transmission this is?

navyflyer72
12-07-2013, 04:13 PM
Thanks Brian.

Another update. The parts I am missing that were not sold, but are missing off my car are as follows:

Battery
Starter
Headers (bought these with the 383 that I bought from Eric in Texas)
Be Cool aluminum radiator and fans
front/engine wiring harness
AGR steering gearbox
plumbing in engine bay
air cleaner
Hotchkis SFC's (although I recall Frank saying these may have been too jacked up from removing the welds that they weren't worth trying to resell)
windshield wipers
Windshield trim (this was original trim that had been polished, because it was in such perfect shape)
seat belts (three point retractable)
drive shaft
brake lines

So just as I predicted, about $4000-$5000 in parts just gone, disappeared. No, not gone or disappeared, these parts were stolen from me.

csouth
12-07-2013, 09:05 PM
George,

Reading this thread really saddened me. I know to a smaller degree how something like this can kill your fire. Please don't let this kill your desire to finish the car. I wish the best of luck to you.

Thanks for your service

garickman
12-08-2013, 08:33 AM

Thanks Bret, I knew you would be after talking with you. We will get in touch with you.

navyflyer72
12-08-2013, 04:47 PM

Bret,

I want to thank you here on the forum for posting this amidst the controversy surrounding my name, when I thin it's obvious that that controversy should only surround the name Prodigy and Frank Serafine. I appreciate your offer and hope to be able to do something with what you have offered.

Regards,
George

Cdog
12-12-2013, 10:18 AM
Glad you got your car back. Frank played his scam on my Forgeline order and took me for a bit of money too.

tombar67
12-19-2013, 03:58 PM
Has anyone been able to get a hold of Frank? He still owes me a drive shaft. I've been calling leaving messages but his phone is off and I've had no replies. After reading this very sad post it sounds like I'm out of luck. Sorry to hear about you situation George, sounds like a nightmare.

snappytravis
12-19-2013, 07:50 PM
Has anyone been able to get a hold of Frank? He still owes me a drive shaft. I've been calling leaving messages but his phone is off and I've had no replies. After reading this very sad post it sounds like I'm out of luck. Sorry to hear about you situation George, sounds like a nightmare.

You might as well just order another one, Your lucky that is all he screwed you out of.

navyflyer72
12-21-2013, 05:41 AM
Glad you got your car back. Frank played his scam on my Forgeline order and took me for a bit of money too.

Sorry to hear that Frank got you also. If you look at the invoice he sent me, he had me talked into a set of Forgeline's, you can see from the pictures that either he forgot to put them on or Forgeline has a new type of wheel called Junkyard Steelies.

navyflyer72
12-21-2013, 05:44 AM

Tombar, sorry to hear yet another hotrodder got screwed by Frank. You'll likely never see that driveshaft. Frank is either reading these under a new screen name or someone is telling him what is being posted, so if he has your driveshaft and any desire to do right by you he will contact you directly through email, no phone. That's how it worked for me getting back the shell of my car. Good luck, I hope he contacts you, but I really doubt he will.

Regards, George

tombar67
12-29-2013, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the heads up guys

Bowtie racing
01-02-2014, 10:06 PM
What an nightmare.. I feel so sorry for you guys. I lost only few hundred bucks when playing with Frank and finally got my parts after i started calling dse about my parts what Frank had "ordered"..

My big question is has anybody went after Frank? Is he still in "business"? How about just walking in to hes shop and take stolenparts back with some profit?

navyflyer72
02-05-2014, 07:52 PM
After a lot of soul searching and crunching my finances, I can not afford to try and rebuild what I got back from Frank. That is why I just posted everything that I got back from Frank is being parted out in this post:

[URL="https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/104871-parts-for-sale?p=1048940#post1048940"[/URL]

I just hope that some of these parts will help some of you build your dream PT Camaros. Please contact me soon as I deploy again next month so I don't want to leave anyone hanging who needs these parts quickly. If you see any parts in the pics in this post, or parts in the pictures in my photobucket link in my signature feel free to email me and I'll check to see if that part is still on the car.

Thanks to everyone who contacted me about trying to rebuild my brothers tribute car, but I don't have the time or money right now to do that, as much as I would like to. You all have been great, well 99% of you have been great. The rest, well I'll let karma take care of them.

Regards,
George