PDA

View Full Version : How do you guys insure your cars?

Stu Seitz
09-08-2004, 02:10 PM
My insurance agent, who fortunately also happens to be my aunt, told me that every time I modify my car I have to inform her of it so she can make sure I知 still covered. I知 with State-Farm and with the new ls1-t-56 combo she is no longer sure that if I was to get in an accident I could get the full value of my car and modifications. I知 not totally sure that paying more would cover it either, being that I already have full coverage.

So my question to you guys is what type of insurance do you guys use? Being that these are Pro-Touring cars I know you drive them a lot? How do you guys protect your cars?

rumblee
09-08-2004, 02:28 PM
I used Hagerty classic car insurance. Supposedly im limited to like 3000 miles a year which should be limited to driving to car shows etc. But, I have a cool insurance agent who says that its not a problem. By the way, it costs like $200 a year for my 69 nova.

awr68
09-08-2004, 03:20 PM
Check out AON (http://www.aoncollectorcar.com/) Last time I checked they didn't have a mileage issue and if you wanted something like $40k or less you didn't even need to send a pic. Earlier this year I applied and wanted $20k for my car (which I have receipts totalling this) and was declined since my car isn't at their min. 60% completion (in there mind)...I was honest from the start and told them it was under construction...I think this raised the flag and is why they wanted to see pics...If I would have checked the 'excelant condition' box I would probably have coverage threw them right now as they wouldn't have needed a pic. As soon as the car is a little further along I will give them another call since I liked their honesty and what they have to offer, not to many people will offer us insurance and no mileage issues on top of that!! I do think I remember the car needs to be locked up in a garage when not in use and it must be your second car...non daily driver...other than that they are very reasonable.

Jerods68camaro
09-09-2004, 11:12 AM
I'm with American Family and they require an appraisal for proper insurance, but who wants to pay for a new appraisal every time something is changed? I'll be looking into the above mentioned places.

CHILI
09-09-2004, 12:24 PM
I have Farmers Insurance and a real cool agent. I insure my car as an antique with an agreed value of $25,000. Being insured as an antique I'm only suppose to operate the car for 'limited' use (shows, parades, maintenance, and 'other'). My insurance man knows I drive the wheels off it. I probably drive it at least 6000 miles a year which is pretty good for a car that most people would view as a show car. Anyway, my insurance on it is around $85/six months. Not bad.

kman67rsss
09-09-2004, 12:31 PM
i will also be looking into the above mentioned companies, as im building the car to drive, not sit in the garage,