PDA

View Full Version : dse tubs on a 68 help

ProTouringRS
09-05-2005, 09:37 PM
I have a 1968 camaro And i just started putting the tubs in. The problem is I allready cut my stock wheeltubs out so i dont have any way to measure and I recieved no templates, instructions or anything. DO any of you guys have measurements or pictures of these tubs installed on a 68 camaro or a 67?
THANKS

camcojb
09-05-2005, 10:03 PM
I'll see if I can get you some instructions and templates/measurements.

Jody

MrQuick
09-05-2005, 11:04 PM
let us know if you still need help after Jody gets you instructions.

SatisTraction
09-06-2005, 03:29 AM
so you cut out the stock tubs, but did you trim around the trunk pan or did you remove them at the spot welds? do you have the mini tub CD? the templates are on it in the instructions tab. the templates really are not worth crap anyway. mine were so far off that when i called DSE they said they were just a guide and you would have to fit them to your car. basically you measure and mark 2 3/4" (i may be wrong here) around the inside of the old tub. you then make a line 2" around the old tub. you cut ont he 2" line and then fold on the 2 3?4" line to make a weld flange. you only have to make the flange on the floor below the seat. the rest of the flange is refered to as the "closeout" (template) that you make to close up the gaps and make a surface for you to weld to.

ProTouringRS
09-06-2005, 11:08 PM
yes i allready cut the stock tubs out so I dont have a way to measure from the old tubs so i was hoping some of you guys with 67s and 8 had some measurements and some pics of your install. I didnt get any templates or instructions so it seems like a shot in the dark when it comes to cutting the framerail etc. I dont have the dvd but Ill get it if it gets detailed during the cuts and measurements. another thing is I have only seen them installed on 69s what are some of the differences?how far past the top shock mount do the tubs go?

THANKS

68protouring454
09-07-2005, 04:35 AM
i have a 68 that i mini tubbed, from about the shock mount back on drivers side is where the closeout will go then the inner tub will be welded to frame rail, the floor is cut just behind the shock mount.
if you have old tub out, measure in 3 inches mark a line on the front half of floor back to the shock mount, then measure in 2.75 and mark a line, now cut the 2.75 inch line, you will only beable to cut the front halg as thats only where the floor is, the back would be frame. now bend the .25 down to have a flange like original to weld innner house to, check out dse.com and look at pics you should eaily be able to tell where the frame channeling starts. it starts just behind the bump stop and goees back straight till frames about 1/8 -1/4 wide then curls back to full width, basically the whole width of wheel well needs to be widened, throw a string up with front of floor cut, and make it parralel going to back of car and you will see whats in the way.
once tubbeed i get 14-14 from middle of inner house to 1/4 panel lip and that is with out rolling it