PDA

View Full Version : BMW M3 e46

thegreek
11-22-2013, 03:34 PM
I know its not a pro touring muscle car but i have been looking at an m3 for a while. I found one but it as been in a rear end collision, i emailed the guy selling it said it was hit pretty hard. I was wondering what it is worth and how much it would be to fix

heres a pic of the rear end: https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

CamaroMike
11-23-2013, 08:26 PM
Pics are not showing up. What do you want to know about it? I like all the ones ive had, drive them daily, autocross, pdx, road trips, chasing tail. All depends on maintenance. If you get one that has been abused you will have to spend some money and time getting it to where it needs to be. If its been taken care of they are awesome all around cars. I drive a e36 m3 daily and love it.

Perfect example here. The 4 door has 130k miles on it and the 2 door has 190k and runs 10000x better because I have meticulously maintained it where the previous owner of the 4 door did not.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2013/11/635BE8E6E30A447198B765E45AF18D8638400000-1.jpg (http://s1057.photobucket.com/user/timeattacks14/media/Past%20Vehicles/635BE8E6-E30A-4471-98B7-65E45AF18D86-384-000000E15CC84C68.jpg.html)

MonzaRacer
12-15-2013, 06:51 PM
Personally after the horrendous results of my brother orgasming all over a 02 MB CL600 only to find out that $118k MSRP pos only booked for $15k in 7 yrs and ahd so bad of issues the MB dealer said if it was traded to them they would strip it of good parts and crush it.
One part cost $11,000 and still didnt fix all problems.
Lucky him he pawned it off on local dealer for a used 07 BMW 550 Again this car is such a pile, looks nice but it was couple quarts low on oil and barely idled (turns out dealer never serviced it but lied and said they did). an oil change fixed idle but who in he_l wants a car that cost $1000 every time you HAVE to take it to a dealer for service. The MB, three times the Indy MB dealer, who are very good, only get it running for a while before it fudged up again.
BMW stupid car holds like 8 or 9 qts and runs like A$$ if it even gets little low. Heck my SBC still ran like champ on 1 1/2 qts.
You guys can drive over priced European cars that cost ridiculous amounts to fix in parts alone. Me Ill keep my American iron.
I mean it takes a $1000 tool to do rear brakes on specific Audi's, if you run brakes down too far its $1200 in calipers to fix.
Last BMW I saw I liked had a LSx in it and had been upgraded on other parts too.
Dont get me wrong, I dont hate, its just that when it costs $28 for gallon of oem coolant ehhh Ill pass. when a car takes 24 $14 spark plugs and $1200 coils that can fail if one plug misfires, Ill pass.
Enjoy. Local guy had me wire up a more advanced OBC panel, the BIMMER idiots made it sound like it was supposed to be a bazillion wires, turns out 4 wires made 90% of the stupid thing work, the M# CD player replacing the cassette was slam dunk.
But GOd help me if I have to do much electrical work on those piles. The diagrams are insane. Even Mitchell had issues in rewritting them for service manuals as the manufacturer didnt like them redoing them into a familiar format techs understand.
I know a very good diag tech who quit the dealer down south (southern states) as he was over the hassle of a lot of the training. He now works for American (GM) dealer and is much happier and is great in that shop.
Good luck, hope it runs great for you but I would NOT buy rear ended total out as the suspension is tricky enough without adding structural damage. Take this from a 25+yr front end tech who has aligned hundreds of those things and hate every one. Imagine a manufacturer that wants you too load 450lbs of dead weight in a car to align it then remove it to let one person ride in it.

BMR Sales
12-16-2013, 09:46 AM
I like most German cars, but BMW. I wouldn't buy a Used BMW much less one that has been wreaked!

T.C.