PDA

View Full Version : It all starts here....

Jim Nilsen
09-05-2005, 08:35 PM
Thought I would show you all a pic of my wiring before it goes in. They all say it is a simple installation, just put all of the connections in the marked place and your done. Ya Right!!!!

It is easy to remove and replace a stock harness now that I compare it to all of this. I don't think it is going to be as bad as I think but wish me luck and if I can get it to look good and work without pulling my hair out and getting older quickly I will have something to celebrate for sure.

Just think when I get halfway on the EFI harness I get to cut it at the firewall and put it all back together again.

Happy happy joy joy :seizure:

Jim Nilsen

MrQuick
09-05-2005, 11:06 PM
Looks like the back wall at radio shack! LOL. Don't worry it all looks better when its installed. getting close Jim?

CAMAROBOY69
09-06-2005, 04:11 AM
THats nothing. You should see a pic of the wires that came with my 2002 dash. Talk about pulling your hair out for days trying to match 2002 wires into 69 wires. :hand: I have to find that pic again.

Kenova
09-06-2005, 07:42 AM
Happy happy joy joy :seizure:

Jim Nilsen
:lmao: Another Ren and Stimpy fan. :icon996:
Just take your time. If you're just replacing a stock harness it should be fairly straight forward.
Now a 2002 harness into a '69, that's just plain masichistic. :banghead:
Ken

Sparky
09-06-2005, 01:14 PM
Jim,
When you get ready to dive into the Accel harness, let me know. I have done quite a few of these. I have some do's, don'ts and some pointers that will keep you from joning the hair club for men!

Did you get your connectors?

Sparky

Jim Nilsen
09-06-2005, 08:46 PM
Hi Vince, I have been moving the components around from place to place and then mocking the wire routing to see what interferes with what and I'm getting it narrowed down but no real commitments yet on everything. The whole car is a ways from being done. I have bunches of loose ends and detail work that I have planned that will take me all winter to get done at least if not longer. When the car hits the road I just want to have to work out a few bugs and set the suspension up for the best handling and balance. Even that will probably take another bundle of money with new wheels and tires along with the possibilty of coilovers all around. After seeing what Yody is going through those coilovers look better all of the time.

Hi Mike, Yes I got the connectors. Its gonna look great when I get it done and the extra work is going to be worth it. You can bet that I will be calling. That harness is a snake pit of of extra length wires and more of them the same color than than the main power harness. I think I know what you mean about ganging some of them up.

The one thing about the main power harness that I have that is now different is all of the gauge wires. My new Nexus gauges have the daisy chain power and control station that makes it so easy so now I have a bunch of extra wires in my harness that I either have to tape off,remove or maybe if I am lucky can use it do other things with. If this was a ricer car I would put neon lights inside and 6 dvd players a gps and a computer surround sound but no chance of that stuff getting close.

Thanks everyone for the support!! :secret:
Jim Nilsen