PDA

View Full Version : riddle me this...

protour_chevelle
09-05-2005, 06:49 PM
I replace my springs... 650 up front 175's in the rear. Spring adjusters up front. The car sat flat before I jacked it up. I just let it down and now the rear is out 3/4inch. The front is only out 1/8inch or so. The jack wouldn't come off the last corner that I let down till I yanked on it. I then saw that the steering linkage was hung up on the front crossmember. So I lift the car and get it all right. Lower it. And the thing is still out. WTF?! All the springs are in the right place, nothing slipped out of its pocket unless the fronts moved which isn't likely because I had to compress the lower a-arm to put the nut on the upper BJ.

Any suggestions?

-Matt

derekf
09-05-2005, 06:55 PM
Not really sure what the issue is. Are you saying that the car is no longer even from side to side/front to back?

protour_chevelle
09-05-2005, 07:09 PM
Pretty much. The front is out 1/8inch and the rear is out 3/4 when just 2 days ago it was perfect. I'm rippin my hair out. ARRR.

-Matt

Norwoodx55
09-05-2005, 07:24 PM
My car does the same thing until I pull it out of the garage and back in. Seems to settle the suspension or allow the tires to go back into position. Give it a try.

protour_chevelle
09-05-2005, 07:30 PM
My car does the same thing until I pull it out of the garage and back in. Seems to settle the suspension or allow the tires to go back into position. Give it a try.

I might try that. I'd have to under man power though :getout:

-Matt

Ralph LoGrasso
09-05-2005, 07:39 PM
I'll agree with Norwood. Drive or push it around and it should settle. When I jack up the front of my SS and sit it back down the front sits 3/4" higher on both sides than before I jacked it up. I could let it sit for a week and it won't settle fully unless I drive it around the block a few times. Same thing with the rear of the car, except it usually sits lopsided (one side a bit higher than the other, but both still higher than normal) until I drive it around.

TPI Monte SS
09-05-2005, 08:22 PM
Count me in as well for driving (or pushing) it around a bit. When we put my Monte together, the front end was very high, even though I put in Eibach drop springs. When we dropped the motor in, it settled a bit, but was still pretty high. When I finally drove the car off the ramps and jackstands (doh!) it sat where it was supposed to!

MrQuick
09-05-2005, 10:21 PM
I just let it down and now the rear is out 3/4inch. The front is only out 1/8inch or so
When you say out, do you mean outwards? Alignment out?

I then saw that the steering linkage was hung up on the front crossmember.
I would check that linkage over real well,you might have bent something.

protour_chevelle
09-06-2005, 06:09 AM
When you say out, do you mean outwards? Alignment out?
Heighth wise, sorry I should have said that

I would check that linkage over real well,you might have bent something.

Oh most likely screwed something up. LOL. Now if it was a Ford I'd have no problems with it :seizure: jokin.

I think a few speedbumps will fix it, or just driving it normal. haha.

Thanks guys!

-Matt