PDA

View Full Version : 80s c-10prostreetproject

zwarge
11-13-2013, 12:35 PM
Hello all. I've started a slow project of my own. It's a 85 c10 I've got a 5/6 drop with coils springs and spindles. On stock brakes 15" aero nascar wheels and 275/60-r15 tires. I'm currently building a 454 bored 0.040" over to a 464. It's balanced and blueprinted . I'm gunna run bout a .505 lift cam pro comp heads and roller rockers and dual plane edelbrock intake and yes it's carbed. So my question is how can I set this up more to be a pro-touring then all out muscle truck look I like the idea of pro touring this truck I've had it sence high school and would enjoy it. I do daily drive it in the summer and store it in winter months. Would coil-overs front and rear be better for handling. Ty to give u idea of the terrain I live in and Delaware area. Ty for all the help.

1truckguy78
11-13-2013, 07:22 PM
My 78 here in WI is kinda similar. Yeah coil overs and a four link. May wanna think about trading that 454 for something lighter. Weight displacement is pretty important. Good luck! Got a build thread?

zwarge
11-14-2013, 03:13 AM
No I don't got a build thread. I'll create one soon the trucks acculy up in maine at the moment I'm stationed at the AFB in Dover . I might set the gas tank to the rear on or behind the rear axle and I'm gunna make a steel or aluminum bed cove with a small spoiler. I'm going for like how a nascar truck series would have been in the 80s

1truckguy78
11-14-2013, 09:22 PM
Ohh very cool! Yeah my fuel cell is now behind the rear axle. If i could do it over id get the tank from lmc or brothers trucks or some place like that. Looks like the filler cap is closer to the back of the bed, easier to fill up.

zwarge
11-15-2013, 05:43 PM
Noted ha this is going to be my first touring build. We have 3 gens me, dad and my grandad have a 9 sec s10 drag truck we build all from scratch and paint on the concrete shop floor.