PDA

View Full Version : Another Bucket List Event you've got to see or participate in...

454bug
11-12-2013, 08:19 PM
Hey everyone,

I hope all of your projects have been going well for you! A couple of weekends ago I was able to get up to Austin, Texas to cheer on my good buddy, Jay Bittle (JBA Racing), in the 1st Annual SVRA US Racing National Championship event held at the new Circuit of the Americas Formula 1 track. There were over 800 cars sign up for the event and they regretfully had to trim the field to 500 cars because that was all they could handle!

Here's a short video to give you an idea of the diversity of the type cars present at the event:

886fCBQoF14

2pXJ_wrfi5U

Jay was racing his 1968 Trans Am Mustang. There were 55 cars racing in his "Group 6". Jay came in 5th out of a group of 18 Trans Am cars!

There are a ton of videos on youtube. I filmed an entire day from their 238' tall observation tower. You talk about a fantastic view of the 3.8 mile track!!

There were TONS of old Camaros, Mustangs, Corvettes, etc at the event. There was definitely something there for everyone.

The SVRA signed a 5-year contract with the Circuit of the Americas so they will be back for at least another 4 years!

Make sure you make the trip next year... It was an AWESOME time!!! :twothumbs:

DTM Racing
11-13-2013, 06:41 AM
Very cool.