PDA

View Full Version : Poly Bushings - 1961 Impala

weatmaster
11-10-2013, 02:38 PM
Hi, I am looking for a poly bushing master kit for my 1961 Impala (I donīt wanna collect every single bushing).
Energy Suspension once had a master kit that covered every bushing but they do not offer it anymore.
The only bigger kit I found is from Prothane (front and rear control arms, tie rod boots and trans mount) - Are they any good or does anone have a better idea?

weatmaster
11-12-2013, 07:26 AM
Nobody?
Ok, I found some bigger sets from Energy Suspension and Prothane – Any experiences with these brands?
Or is there maybe another and better brand to go with?
What would you throw in these X-Frame Impalas

astroracer
11-12-2013, 08:59 AM
Energy Suspension and Prothane are both top notch companies, both have been around for a long time. Shouldn't have a problem with either one. Just keep in mind a full poly conversion will add a lot of harshness to the ride along with the better handling.
Mark

another69
11-13-2013, 07:23 PM
Before you commit to buying and installing poly, think about it. Why don't the oem's use it, and why don't higher end suspensions use it? Poly is great for engine & trans mounts ( I'm really happy with my Energy Suspension mounts), but not so much for bushings. You may be happier with rubber if you're on a budget.

weatmaster
11-24-2013, 07:52 AM
Thanks, I bought a prothane kit. It was on sale at Amazon for 110 bucks - really nice deal in my eyes