PDA

View Full Version : New Guy from VA w/'71 Torino GT

PortraitPro
11-06-2013, 06:33 PM
Hello,

This will be one of several forums that I am a member of but my first non-Ford only forum. I'm a lover of all cars really, and not one to keep anything "original" or "concourse". I'm all about modification, so the other forums get pretty old with all of the negative comments. So this should be an interesting forum.

I currently have a '71 Torino GT that I've been doing some slight modifications to. I previously had a '70 Mustang 'Vert that I made look like a Boss 302 clone, and yes I'm fully aware they never made a Boss convertible...I can't tell you how many purist told me that.

I look forward to being involved in the forum and offering up any of my back-yard mechanical knowledge, mainly to the Ford guys since that's what I'm familiar with.

Blue Oval Man
11-06-2013, 06:37 PM
Awsome Torino. That Boss 'vert looks great too. I would drive either one in a heartbeat.

Heleanor
11-07-2013, 05:12 AM
Welcome, coming from a newbie Ford enthusiast as well!

Red67Mustang
11-07-2013, 06:04 PM
Welcome!
I know exactly what you mean about the frustrations of 'restore only' discussions, that never held my interest either. These cars have too much potential to be better than they were 'back then'.

tmgant
11-07-2013, 08:22 PM
Welcome the torino looks killer. Tobby

TheJDMan
11-08-2013, 09:43 PM
Welcome to the forum. The Torino looks like a very cool project. I'm in Fredericksburg where in VA are you?

71duster
11-09-2013, 05:41 AM
welcome! nice to see something else different on the site.

PortraitPro
11-09-2013, 07:44 AM
I'm in Stafford.

ManwithNoName
11-09-2013, 08:08 AM
The '70-'71 Torino GT's are my favorite cars. Eventually I'll build one. Beautiful car.

mikesanto70
11-09-2013, 08:16 AM
Hello,

This will be one of several forums that I am a member of but my first non-Ford only forum. I'm a lover of all cars really, and not one to keep anything "original" or "concourse". I'm all about modification, so the other forums get pretty old with all of the negative comments. So this should be an interesting forum.

I currently have a '71 Torino GT that I've been doing some slight modifications to. I previously had a '70 Mustang 'Vert that I made look like a Boss 302 clone, and yes I'm fully aware they never made a Boss convertible...I can't tell you how many purist told me that.

I look forward to being involved in the forum and offering up any of my back-yard mechanical knowledge, mainly to the Ford guys since that's what I'm familiar with.

Screw all those "Purists" and the boat they came over on, its your money, your car, and you like what you like and there is nothing better than an old car with a pro touring suspension and brakes to 1. make it drive nice, 2. make it safe, because those old drum brakes dont stop for **** and a hyundai accent can out brake you in stock form so, do all the mods you want and screw whoever doesn't like it. Reminds me of when Richard Strammer cut a Testarossa back in the 80's for Michael Jackson and all the Ferrari "Purists" were ready to commit suicide!!! LOL.....

mikesanto70
11-09-2013, 09:13 AM
The '70-'71 Torino GT's are my favorite cars. Eventually I'll build one. Beautiful car.

And you can still buy one reasonably not like Chevelles that have stratospheric prices now!!

PortraitPro
11-09-2013, 10:34 AM
And you can still buy one reasonably not like Chevelles that have stratospheric prices now!!

This is true. I got this car for $8k and the guy even trailered the car to me from WV. With the work I've done to it I can still make a little off of it. Unlike the Mustang I had, took a bath on that one.

monteduce
11-10-2013, 03:46 PM
I just joined as well, located in Fredericksburg nice to seem some locals here. Great looking cars!

Brads70
11-10-2013, 03:58 PM
Welcome, I'm not much of a purist myself! I love those 70-71 Torino's. My favorite Ford!

Angelo
12-17-2013, 12:50 PM
Welcome. Great cars. I have to say I agree with building a car your way and updating it or changing things to suit your personality. The only time you might second guess yourself is if you don't intend on keeping it. If its a car to flip it has to appeal to the masses otherwise let it rip. I finished a 68 Mustang a couple of years ago but now I will be toying with widebody-ing a 71 Mustang which I thing shares a lot with the slick and solid lines of your Torino. My car is actually going to also be a play on the Boss only its going to be a BOSS 347. Those didn't exist in 71 but it will soon. Lol.

Josh@Ridetech
12-17-2013, 01:09 PM
Very nice looking cars!

Munssey
12-17-2013, 01:31 PM
More Ford folks! Welcome