PDA

View Full Version : First Gen Front Valence

mudpick
09-03-2005, 03:43 PM
Has anyone ever seen any first gens with different front valences (for their year)? Like a 68 with a 67 valence? Or a 68 with a 69 valence? I've heard it's possible but I'm not sure how it would look. Thanks.

HatTrick
09-03-2005, 04:11 PM
I've thought of this too, but don't know if they'll bolt up. I was thinking a 69 valance on my 68 would look good for adding driving lights. Maybe someone with the skills (read "not me") could photo shop a pic.

Chad

Jim Nilsen
09-03-2005, 06:56 PM
It is a lot of work to convert and if you do it is easier to modify a glass piece. The dimensions are different in almost every way and angle.

If you just want to add fog lights you can go with a R/S lower to accomplish it.

Goodluck and try not to swear too much :pat:

Jim Nilsen

bretcopsey
09-03-2005, 07:03 PM
The 67-68 valance is the same, difference between standard vs RS. I have a couple pics of a 69 valance on a 68 on my other pc. I can try to post them Tuesday. I don't have any details of how the work was accomplished though.

I did compare a 69 valance to a 68 and agree a lot of fabricating will need to be done. Did you see the 2nd gen done on Overhaulin' a while back? Chip cut out the light hole sections from a 69 valance and grafted them to the second gen. That would likely be the best route to take for this conversion as well, in my humble opinion.

MuscleRodz
09-03-2005, 07:18 PM
the 67-68 valance won't interchange withe the 69. You would have to fill the openings on the 67-68 and graft the lights in if you want it to look like the 69. I thought about this too but i have not done anything yet.

Mike

bretcopsey
09-06-2005, 05:33 AM
Here are the pictures I told you about. If you look closely, specifically at the cutouts for the bumper brackets, it looks like most if not all of the 69 valance was used.

RobM
09-06-2005, 03:18 PM
well i used an RS valance in my non RS car it has extra mounting holes in it for either brake cooling ducts or lights im not sure wich im going to do yet. You can kind of see them in this pic

Jim Nilsen
09-07-2005, 09:34 AM
Once you get the lower valance done you need to put in a RS grille to make it look really good. Especially if you put the rings around the lights to give you the turn signals and parking lights you need to go with the fog lights.

Jim Nilsen

inSANe DIEGO
09-07-2005, 01:38 PM
I've been wanting to do this for years. Now I'm glad I didn't just buy a new valance on faith of fit. I guess I'll shop the swap meets for a donor valance and cut just the light holes from it. I'm pretty confident on being able to fill the big holes. Darn that looks purdy!!!!

bretcopsey
09-14-2005, 05:55 AM
I agree with Jim's comment above, I think it would look far better with a RS grill. Hmmm, I still haven't made up my mind on this one yet. Still tme to decide I guess...

morrisclassic
09-14-2005, 06:53 AM
Hey Guys,

Looks like a great upgrade.
Hope you look at our park/driving light glow ring conversion kits for your Camaros,also our seat
belts. Thanks to all, Billy

rsk68
09-14-2005, 10:32 AM
what would you use for turn signals ?

Rick

morrisclassic
09-14-2005, 10:48 AM
Rick,

The amber bulb is inside the light for a park and turn signal light. The lights are adjustable too.

Billy

bretcopsey
09-14-2005, 10:49 AM
For turn signals, I thought about something small mounted behind the grille. You wouldn'y really see them then unless they were on. Just a thought.

morrisclassic
09-14-2005, 10:54 AM
Rick,

Have a look at the Hot Rod #1 car at
www.classicautomotiverestorations.com (http://www.classicautomotiverestorations.com)
That is a set of our driving light conversions
in it. You can't see the amber bulb unless you bend down right in front of the car. Our new light kit has an even smaller amber bulb in them
for the turn/signals and a mirror polished stainless steel shroud.
Billy
Billy

morrisclassic
09-14-2005, 11:00 AM
Sorry I missed the web address should be www.classicautomotiverestoration.com (http://www.classicautomotiverestoration.com)

Billy