PDA

View Full Version : keisler bell housing

TBART70
09-03-2005, 07:16 AM
anybody buy a new bell housing from them and wait a long time for it to be shipped?

DRJDVM's '69
09-03-2005, 03:45 PM
I almost did... then I read too many stories about Keislers customer service etc and I decided to just go with the McLeod.....

toxicz28
09-03-2005, 04:39 PM
I tried to set up a GP with Keisler. Emailed them about it, and got a positive response the next day. They said that they would have pricing within a week, so I posted the thread on this site. Got some positive replies about the GP, then the horror (truth) stories started to come. It's been almost 4 months since I contacted them about a GP, and they STILL haven't gotten the prices to me.(I'm glad I wasn't holding my breath!) I guess that should tell you about their customer service! I ended up shopping with ATS instead.

wick
09-03-2005, 06:00 PM
I didn't know about Kiesler and their problems. I was thinking seriously of going with them on a 5 speed. Who else has a good set up?

Hurst - Jeff
09-03-2005, 09:54 PM
Wick-
Check here - we have many satisfied Protouring customers.
www.ClassicChevy5Speed.com

JodysTransmissions
09-04-2005, 05:27 AM
Wick-
Check here - we have many satisfied Protouring customers.
www.ClassicChevy5Speed.com (http://www.classicchevy5speed.com/)

Hello Jeff,

Do you think there will be a 6 speed kit availble for a '67 Nova in the future? One that would be user friendly on the tunnel?

Thanks, Jody

wick
09-04-2005, 05:41 AM
Thanks for the link.

Hurst - Jeff
09-04-2005, 07:45 AM
Wick-
My pleasure.

Jody-
Good question. Last I spoke with the guys at Tremec (a few weeks ago) the only potential plans they had for the T56 were to make a version of it that it is:
1) sturdier than than the current versions
2) that has provisions for both mechanical and electric speedo
3) that can use mechanical or hydraulic clutch linkage
4) that may have multiple shifter positions
Basically, they said they were trying to make more like the TKO 5-speed. The TKO already has all the features mentioned above.
They also told me that they really were not doing anything to make the case phisically smaller because they really can't make it smaller and at the same time make it strong and still have it be a 6-speed.
So to answer your question, it will still have the same tunnel fitment problems.
Understand, that this is talk at this point, as far as I know nothing has been done yet. If they decided to actually do it, which they may not, it would probabaly be at least a year or more before we see anything.

Also, I have noticed your variuos posts in the past - thanks for all of the good information and advice that you have given. Give me a call sometime so we can talk - I would like to better understand exactly what you guys do.

Bigblue73
09-06-2005, 05:20 AM
I've purchased and installed a Keisler kit (Mopar TKO 5 speed). I had a Lakewood "Can" modified to accept the Tremac trans and the machining took forever, (about 14 weeks.) I had to chase the threads in the bell housing because of the "Junk" left by the final facing operation. Pretty poor practice for a machined part. The kit shipped in 8 weeks. All I can say is......If you have a schedule, plan accordingly. The customer service is good, Grey is a great to deal with. The GP pricing has to go through Shafi, who seems like a control freak. My 2 cents!

EFI69Cam
09-07-2005, 12:55 PM
I've purchased and installed a Keisler kit (Mopar TKO 5 speed). I had a Lakewood "Can" modified to accept the Tremac trans and the machining took forever, (about 14 weeks.) I had to chase the threads in the bell housing because of the "Junk" left by the final facing operation. Pretty poor practice for a machined part. The kit shipped in 8 weeks. All I can say is......If you have a schedule, plan accordingly. The customer service is good, Grey is a great to deal with. The GP pricing has to go through Shafi, who seems like a control freak. My 2 cents!

There are so many other options for TKOs, that the Keisler bother is not worth it.

ATS, Classic Chevy are all much better.

For a t56 Weir's kit is sweet.

Hammered
09-11-2005, 05:31 PM
I bought a Keisler kit and had nothing but problems, delays and no customer service once they had my credit card number. I suggest going with Jeff Mortenson (ClassicChevy5speed.com). He tried to help me out with my Keisler problems even though there wasn't a sale in it for him.

JodysTransmissions
09-14-2005, 07:34 PM
Wick-
My pleasure.

Jody-
Good question. Last I spoke with the guys at Tremec (a few weeks ago) the only potential plans they had for the T56 were to make a version of it that it is:
1) sturdier than than the current versions
2) that has provisions for both mechanical and electric speedo
3) that can use mechanical or hydraulic clutch linkage
4) that may have multiple shifter positions
Basically, they said they were trying to make more like the TKO 5-speed. The TKO already has all the features mentioned above.
They also told me that they really were not doing anything to make the case phisically smaller because they really can't make it smaller and at the same time make it strong and still have it be a 6-speed.
So to answer your question, it will still have the same tunnel fitment problems.
Understand, that this is talk at this point, as far as I know nothing has been done yet. If they decided to actually do it, which they may not, it would probabaly be at least a year or more before we see anything.

Also, I have noticed your variuos posts in the past - thanks for all of the good information and advice that you have given. Give me a call sometime so we can talk - I would like to better understand exactly what you guys do.
Jeff,

Thanks for the reply. We have a customer that wants a 6 speed for his '67 Nova and he is set on a T56.

Thanks for the kind words. I am also here to learn from all the knowledge the forum members have to offer. There are many wise members here and I have benefited from them all. Thank you everyone.

I will give you a call this week sometime.

Regards, Jody