PDA

View Full Version : Competetive Trucks and Truckers

RobNoLimit
10-20-2013, 11:23 AM
There are a few events coming up that will show the abilities of some very strong trucks.
The Optima OUSCI in November features 50 hand picked entries. These are the fastest, best detailed, and most well built cars in the country. Each year a few trucks make the cut. This year, Chris "Smitty" Smith has made the cut. This is Chris's second time at the OUSCI. There will be a few more trucks I'm sure. Last year I placed 15th overall in the Hell Boy C10, the highest finish ever for a truck at Optima. With the recent suspension upgrades to Chris's C10, I think he's got a shot at a strong finish.
Also in November, will be the first GoodGuys National Autocross Shootout. This will be part of the Southwest Nationals in Scottsdale Arizona. Most of the field is set, and there are now three trucks in the running. By the time the Charlotte GoodGuys event is over, twenty spots will be filled. There will be four wild card "race-in" spots left for Scottsdale, to complete the full ladder of twenty four. Again, Chris Smith has made the cut in his '67 C10. Josh Liesinger is in with his black '70 C10, and I'm in with the '69 HellBoy C10. BTW, al three of these trucks have No Limit suspensions, and RideTech shocks. - see a pattern?
These events have been great for truck lovers, and I only see us getting stronger. It took me a few years to convince GoodGuys to add a Truck class, (while I'm sure I wasn't the only factor, I'm also sure they were tired of hearing from me :naughty:) , The first year most of the other competitors thought it was foolish to bring a truck out, now, we get some respect. With all of the P.T. trucks being built, next year should be even better. So tune in and support these guys and their efforts. - For GoodGuys Shootout details as they happen, log on to our Facebook at No Limit Engineering - Tina will be posting up all weekend.

bovey
10-20-2013, 03:42 PM
That is awesome. Also, the number of GM trucks is well noted - does anyone bring Fords or Dodges? I've seen one kick-ass for PT truck - but is was strictly a trailer queen. As a 71 GMC owner, I'm totally fine with 67-72 trucks leading the way.

Outside of the obvious - your Silver Bullet. Which I saw at SEMA a few years back - that thing was neat.

RobNoLimit
10-21-2013, 11:04 AM
A pict from Columbus

Smittys
10-21-2013, 11:56 AM
It is been a great year for us racing! The truck and driver keep getting better. It is a honor to get invited back to Optima Plus were in the Good-Guys shootout on Scottsdale. It is not as easy to make a truck fast let alone competitive in the pro class. I am a truck guy at heart we build tons of Pro-Touring Cars in the shop. But I set out to prove 2 things 1 TRUCKS CAN BE FAST and 2 ITS ON AIR yes AIR RIDE!!!! This is a very street friendly truck. Now that we are having success and things have held up to the racing environment. We are now paving the way for a blue print on how to go fast in a truck. The fact that the parts are holding up to the extra weight we carry is amazing. It goes to show what great craftsmanship is put into some of these great companies we use. With that said I owe a big thank you to them all with out them we cant enjoy our great hobby.

Special Thank You to Ridetech, No-Limit, Forgeline, Wilwood, BF Goodrich, Carbon Kustoms, River Side Engines, Flaming River, Moser Engineering, Auto Meter Optima and K&N

custom 68
10-23-2013, 08:23 AM
a couple of great looking trucks there for sure! Great job guys showing what these trucks can do.

06RangerSTX
10-29-2013, 10:43 AM
I certainly love what you guys are doing with the hobby for sure!!! I hope to someday see the trucks really have a nice showing at some of these events!! If I would have finished my project several years ago (1988 Ford Ranger); I may have given you guys a run for your money... even though it is a turbo 4-cylinder @ 500 hp under the hood...

Rob I saw your truck at Columbus Goodguys and I have to say it looked AMAZING!!

I myself would love to be a part of this, but just not in the cards at this point in my life...