PDA

View Full Version : Cabinet Sandblasters?

Duesey
09-08-2004, 11:29 AM
What is a good cabinet sandblaster? I'm looking for a large one around 40" wide 30" deep and 30" tall. I used to have access to one and it wasn't very user friendly. Spent more time fussing with it than blasting. This meant dragging out the pressurized blaster and doing it outside. This was the most effective way but sand is always getting into every crack in clothing or shoes. Do these syphon units work better than they used to? Does anyone make pressurized cabinet systems? I usually gather up a bunch of parts at once and head outside and do it but I would rather have a piece of equipment inside that can handle all but the largest parts. Then I can drag out the big stuff.

TonyL
09-08-2004, 11:42 AM
here you go
Snap-On sandblasters (http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/pro.asp?tool=all&Group_ID=1838&Group_Name=Top+Opening+Models&Sub_Cat_ID=2665449&Sub_Cat_Name=Cabinet%2DType+Abrasive+Blast+Systems&Cat_ID=2665416&Cat_NAME=Abrasive+Blast+Systems&store=snapon-store)

Matt@RFR
09-08-2004, 12:36 PM
Do you have the resources to build your own?

Richz68
09-08-2004, 06:14 PM
Duesey,

There is a company located near me called TP Tools that sells arguably the best DIY cabinets on the market named Skat Blast. The coolest thing about them is that they sell every single replacement part for their cabinets so ten years from now when you break something you call them up and fix your cabinet!

Like Matt mentioned if you can weld then you may want to take a look at them as well because since they offer every single replacement item for their cabinets they also offer kits that enable you to build your own blast cabinet. They also offer a cabinet plan book for $7.95.

Take a look around their website at:

www.tptools.com

I see that you are in Michigan..... it is worth the drive to save on shipping and you can stop at Summit on the way since they are only about 30 minutes from each other!!

Duesey
09-09-2004, 08:36 AM
I've looked at skatblast on ebay often and it was one of my favorite choices. I'm just curious if they work good. I can build my own, but it's hard to find the time. Do the systems with their own vacum work better than the shop vac ones? The shop vac ones look a little hokey. Thanks for the responses. The top of line snap on pressure systems looks nice but it's out of my price range. I'm currently putting a quarter section on a trailblazer for the wife and I've got a 53' eldorado and a 57'? T-bird coming in this winter for paint. Otherwise I would like to tackle building my own but this winter is booked getting these two cars done. Thanks again for the responses, have any of you guy's built one?