PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Locker Noise

rfalker1
10-09-2013, 01:44 AM
I am going to pull the trigger on a ford 9" soon and I cam curious of what people can tell me about the following question

How loud is the detroit locker over the exhaust note in a classic muscle car? I am pretty sure i cant go with the trutrac because i will be hopefully producing 600+hp in the next 2 years or so... and the wavetrac is too expensive for me. THanks any help is appreciative

Bryce
10-09-2013, 07:57 AM
Randal,

Sorry I never responded to your email....

I run the Detroit locker in the falcon and it works great for my car and would use it again and always for a competition car. If it was street only I would use something else. The locker is noticeable but I can really only hear it backing out of the driveway. I dont hear it in my autocross videos. My car is kinda loud about 90dB at 50 ft.

sam 74
10-11-2013, 07:49 PM
i have a locker in my car, i drive on the street a bit and i don't really notice any noise, but i do feel the unlocking in turns from time to time.

rfalker1
10-12-2013, 03:53 AM
Its ok Bryce, it happens! and you would not run it on a street car for what reasons... mines is a street car mostly, but I am an aggressive driver as well. I am not really about worrying about the learning curve of a detroit locker because I feel that is part of understanding the attitude of the car!

Also I am not sure how loud my car is... but I have spintech side exhaust that dump out right behind the front door, and a 1500 watt stereo.... I am just trying to see if it would be quite noticeable over that!

(but anyway bryce why wouldn't you prefer it on the street)

And sam for you its more of a feel thing... (thats interesting, I don't think that would bother me)

The one i would get is the yukon grizzly locker as well!

Schwartz Performance
10-12-2013, 04:28 AM
We use truetracs on many cars up to 900hp that plan to get beat on and have no issues.

-Dale

sam 74
10-12-2013, 08:11 PM
i have the detroit locker in mine, i have full length exhaust out the back with Borla XR1 mufflers, so its fairly quiet compared to most other exhausts i've heard lately. even with that i can't really hear anything coming from the locker, but like i said before i can definitely feel it unlock and re lock if i'me driving aggressively, but its no big deal you get used to it after a while.

rfalker1
10-15-2013, 09:38 AM
i have the detroit locker in mine, i have full length exhaust out the back with Borla XR1 mufflers, so its fairly quiet compared to most other exhausts i've heard lately. even with that i can't really hear anything coming from the locker, but like i said before i can definitely feel it unlock and re lock if i'me driving aggressively, but its no big deal you get used to it after a while.

Thanks Sam I think you just sold Me on it! I Am happy that Swartz performance says the wtrutrac works in high power cars! But I think the Detroit tracker will be for me.... This is a man car anyway.... I need to deal with some things!