PDA

View Full Version : 62 falcon 4 link through different brands

rcrown
09-30-2013, 07:46 AM
With all these different rear 4 link setups for a 62 falcon is one really better the the other? TCI, RideTech, Rod & Custom and Heidts are all brands that I have looked into and what's surprising is variation of price differences, one may have bolt on capability one may not, but I think the question ends up coming down to is one better then the other due to geometry of their suspension adding a balance of performance over the competition? Does this justify the additional price point? I just want to get a product at a reasonable price and continue to be happy with the end results.

Sales-TCI-Eng
09-30-2013, 01:47 PM
The early Falcons are a hell of a lot of fun. We did a bunch of testing with Nick Licata's car over the course of 3 years. His car was built with all of our standard over the counter parts (read; NO shock, brake or anti-sway bar upgrades).

eJYEUWjCW8c

HJ8nhAElihU

u6d8vkuO3mg

-J

Munssey
09-30-2013, 04:46 PM
Sounds healthy, that's for sure.

rcrown
09-30-2013, 10:52 PM
Now how's the TCI kit on a smaller round body falcon? Does the kit mount up correctly or would I have to make a few modifications to get the application to work on the 62?

rustomatic
10-02-2013, 02:30 PM
Do the homework, and study the parts provided in each kit. What kind of joints do you want? How long do you want the lower tubes? How much adjustability do you want, and do you want it in all four tubes, or just two? What about the shocks? Do you want to drag or autocross, or just cruise to a lot and point out your snazzy four-link?

It's hard to find the differences in what's being sold, and one of the great ways to do so is by attending a few car shows, and talking to guys with similar cars (like Chevy Novas) who've done the same thing. If you want to autocross, go see what the autocrossers are using, and pick the drivers' brains. Outside of this site, it's hard to find altered Falcons...

Sales-TCI-Eng
10-03-2013, 08:21 AM
Now how's the TCI kit on a smaller round body falcon? Does the kit mount up correctly or would I have to make a few modifications to get the application to work on the 62?

There is one small variation on the early bodies. We just had to change how the lower links connect to the frame mount. Other than that, it's all the same stuff.

-J

LowFast
10-03-2013, 08:44 AM
Outside of this site, it's hard to find altered Falcons...

Understatement of the year!

GS455vert
10-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Not to hijack this thread with my first post BUT since we have a TCI guy chiming in? Does this kit work on a 63 Fairlane? My understanding is that they share the same underpinnings?

Thanks

Sales-TCI-Eng
10-12-2013, 05:58 PM
I can't comment on the early Fairlanes but the '66-'67 is completely different from the Falcon or Mustang. We've got two later model Fairlane builds going on right now but both of those are getting Torque Arms.

-J

Munssey
10-17-2013, 07:52 PM
Outside of this site, it's hard to find altered Falcons...

Once the masses figure out they are all the convenience of Mustang parts with none of the BS inflated prices for a shell to start with, that might change.

For now, I like being the only falcon is a sea of Mustangs at an event =)