PDA

View Full Version : Ever crave bacon sooooo bad,,,,

MonzaRacer
09-28-2013, 07:04 AM
you buy a package of bacon bits, open it pour them on paper towel and nuke for 10 or 15 seconds? Dont know why, other than fall makes me hungry for bacon and egg sandwiches.
Now to call local guy for some fresh eggs,,,,,,,,

shortrack
09-28-2013, 08:14 AM
Im a Canadian....nuff said lol

MonzaRacer
09-29-2013, 10:25 AM
wow guess bacon aint that good huh?

Slick68
09-30-2013, 04:49 AM
Never done that with bacon bits, but if it makes you feel any better, I just had breakfast. Biscuits and gravy, bacon, and scrambled eggs. GET SUM!!! LOL

novaderrik
10-06-2013, 11:21 PM
wow guess bacon aint that good huh?

hopefully the whole "bacon" thing has died down...
it's good, but not as good as teh internets would lead one to believe..

SS PUNISHER
10-07-2013, 08:28 AM
I was at walgreens one night and wanted some bacon. All they had was Turkey bacon >.< it's just not the same...... :(

True story...Lol

nekkidhillbilly
10-07-2013, 08:46 AM
i dont crave bacon like that at all. i do beef though.

Ketzer
10-08-2013, 03:29 PM
hopefully the whole "bacon" thing has died down...
it's good, but not as good as teh internets would lead one to believe..

1) "Bacon" is not a thing to die down, watch your mouth son.
2) The interwebs is not always factual, you need to do your own research. Lots of it. Starting tomorrow morning at breakfast.

Interesting factoid, when you eat too much of that yummy swine candy and your poor heart gives out, they piece you back together with pig parts!(common valve replacement)

Jeff-

raustinss
10-08-2013, 05:11 PM
Ummmm.....real bacon cut into pieces into mac n cheese......not bacon bits...real bacon...we got lots here...just bring your snow shoes..hockey sticks...moose repellent and a toque

MonzaRacer
10-08-2013, 07:11 PM
1) "Bacon" is not a thing to die down, watch your mouth son.
2) The interwebs is not always factual, you need to do your own research. Lots of it. Starting tomorrow morning at breakfast.

Interesting factoid, when you eat too much of that yummy swine candy and your poor heart gives out, they piece you back together with pig parts!(common valve replacement)

Jeff-
ACTUALLY
It is now verified fact that the medical BS around cholesterol, salt, meat, and so many other things are basically BS.
Hype given to certain types of meal foods, that while the doctor was collecting eating habits they FAILED to take into account the WORK/EXERCISE habits of the people who had medical issues.
My grandfather, ate farm meals, lots of food cooked in lard, greases, fats and at 59 when he had a heart attack it wasnt from food, cholesterol, triglycerides, blood pressure, etc.
It winds up he had some form of hereditary heart disease, lately we find it effects members of his family that are taller with shorter inseams(he was over 6 ft with 29" inseam).
Now when the nurses looked at his records they wanted to recheck the results. Turns out the doctor knew my grandfather from trap shooting, and knew the type of work he did , ie farmer.
See it isnt what you eat but how you use it. I know of a family that has ran vegetarian/vegan eating/lifestyle and guess what, mom dad and one of older boys all wound up with oddball test results and had heart attacks and heart disease.
After talkin g to smarter diet managers the other kids learned how to eat most food, properly cooked and in proper servings and the other 4 kids actually started have less health issues that most/all of them grew up with.

And as for most people IF they ate a properly balanced breakfast with breakfast meats and such, they would notice some incredible weight reduction and more mid morning energy.
Nephew was following some idiot plan his football coach gave him to put on weight,,, he lost weight.
I put him up to eating a proper morning breakfast, as he worked out before his first class. He found he lost some weight but gained muscle mass
as he worked out AND wasnt sleepy at mid morning. When he ate at lunch the school was astounded at amount and type of food he ate.
and at night his mom was having fits trying to keep proper foods on shelf.
But he DID increase his strength and endurance and muscle mass in 6 short weeks over 6 months of funky and expensive protein powders and muscle mass builders.
ALSO his strength was greater than the coach though it would be. Then asked how he did it.
I remember when the daily calorie rec. was 3000 a day and then got raised to 4000. Now we have kids being starved on something like 650 calories at lunch under Michelle Obamas eating plan.
Anyway.
Just had craving/taste for bacon and couldnt get anything quick so Oscar Mayer got my money.

cmac06
10-08-2013, 07:35 PM
^^^well stated sir. I keep my old bacon fat to cook my bacon in; deep fried bacon every Saturday morning.

raustinss
10-08-2013, 09:49 PM
Lee..... i got a pound of bacon here ready when you feel like bringing that farm fed....... across the border... you sir sound like we should share some beer and bacon lol gotta love totally off topic..from right field conversations
Take care Ryan

MonzaRacer
10-09-2013, 08:22 PM
Ryan, let me tall ya about a great early Sunday of racin',,,,,
I went to a track while in Lincoln Tech many years ago. Drove a car for a guy, 86 Monte SS 427 Chevy BBC 4 speed, Alston ladder bar chassis, superstock spec.
WE got there VERY early, like 5:30 or 6 am. So we all sacked out in where ever we could get comfy, owners wife was following in motorhome but I had brought tent and sleeping bag ,just in case.
Southern track so owners opened pit gate night before for cars coming in late. Guy parked next to us was from Canada, we had Coleman stove, some of food and utensils and he had 10 lbs of hickory smoked, sugar cured bacon among other breakfast meats/treats.
So about 9 am we all wake up (race gates open at noon) but many of the tailgater racers are in pits too. So we all get together for short church service, offer up few prayers for souls, good light and safe racing and trips home. THEN they started cooking, bacon, eggs, pancakes, waffles, sausage, some camp fire cooked stuff too. About 30 or 40 of us all are gorging on some awesome breakfast, bench racing and all.
Owner comes over and says they need few cars to lay some new rubber on fresh "glue" so we fire up cars and go do some good launches short tests, etc.
Then we had couple of heads up flag started "grudge" races. Me, I had Monte set to "get air" on drop of clutch!
Got the back bumper twice lightly. Used to have pics, lost them sometime in past.
Probably one of my best racing days ever.
Same track that in spring I had wrecked the car, 4 "endoes" laid over and rolled 3 more times. cost us rear window, dog house, top end ripped off block (heads intake carb dist all came off block, destroyed a Nickey Chevrolet "L88" short block, other parts not really hurt, so we bough another short block , local Indy racer had bought like 20 or 30 Nickey prepped short blocks, was selling them at RacersWorld) Car lost above partsand like rear lights and bumper but neverbent frame or quarters or doors or frame. So the fun had that day was better as we didnt break anything and took second in our class but had gentlemans agreement combined 1st and 2nd so by combining 1 and 2 ($10k and $5k) so we both walked on and ran double breakout, wheels up and took $7500 each home. He got bigger trophy and jacket!
Wow, good memories.

EFI69Cam
10-10-2013, 04:30 PM
low fat carb diet = death

I've lost 40+ lbs bad cholesterol down, good up energy back etc etc eating bacon, eggs beef, ribs all the good stuff the medical cabal says is bad. Paleo Diet

Don't drink the kool-aid.

raustinss
10-10-2013, 04:54 PM
Love the story lee...sounds like you might need a Canadian making you breakfast every time at that track..

snappytravis
10-10-2013, 05:45 PM
I bought bacon ranch sunflower seeds the other day, dam those where good!