PDA

View Full Version : Trucks @ Texas GoodGuys

RobNoLimit
09-26-2013, 09:03 AM
OK truck guys, time to show what your made of. In only one week we will be in the Lone Star state, and we'd like to see Trucks be the dominant force out on the track. So, to help get you out of the lawn chair and put your truck in the autocross, we'll sweeten the pot. Not only will you exit the track with the biggest smile since Texas beat Oklahoma, but, if you stop in and see us, get a No Limit Sticker and put it on your truck, We'll give you a brand new, never been worn, No Limit Hat. Yes, you'll need this to stop from blinding your friends with those pearly whites, as you won't be able to get the smile off your face from how much fun that was. We'll even go one more!!!! (I know, how can this be) If you and your truck are Fast enough, Tough enough, and Smart enough to WIN the TRUCK CLASS (Don't start cryin yet, Josh, Rob, and Smitty are in the Pro Class), -AND- you were cool enough to put a No Limit sticker on your truck BEFORE your FIRST runs of the weekend, now get this, we will PAY YOU back your $55.00 entry fee. (Fifty Five cold hard U.S. dollars. Guaranteed to be accepted at any trackside beer stand) Think of it, You could get paid to drive your truck at a GoodGuys event. On top of that, Chris and Rob will be on hand to help you with tuning and driving tips. Think of it, a great time, the envy of your friends, money in your pocked, and a new cover for the thin spot on your noggin.

csouth
09-26-2013, 09:36 AM
I'm in the process of trying to convice a friend to build a PT Bronco. I saw you running at GG Columbus and you really push your truck all out! I like what you're doing to increase the interest and participation of PT trucks.

bovey
09-26-2013, 09:54 AM
If I wasn't 1500 miles away, I'd be there. Would love to.

bmbrzmn101
09-26-2013, 12:15 PM
Well if my sons 51 Chevy truck was built or my 67 Elky was built we would bring them, still a ways to go on the trucks yet. We attended in the spring and had a blast. My son wants to run his 51 when we finish it. Wish I was going to be there and and have you bring a coil over front end for his 51. It would save in shipping. LOL. Have a great time in Ft Worth.

Chris

RobNoLimit
09-26-2013, 01:00 PM
Hey we have 'em on the shelf. We're delivering four other IFS in Ft Worth.

protouring70
09-27-2013, 01:46 AM
Wow...thanks Rob...I hope you have a good turn out!!!! Good luck

rentedmule
09-27-2013, 03:52 AM
If I wasn't 1500 miles away, I'd be there. Would love to.

If I wasn't 3000 miles away, I'd be there too!

Z06killinSBF
09-27-2013, 05:37 AM
Oh man tempting!! To bad I've never ran around cones before. I'd hate to make a fool of myself in front of a big crowd. I think I'll just walk around and come by the booth.

Slick68
09-27-2013, 07:08 AM
Come to Charlotte and offer the same, please. LOL

RobNoLimit
09-27-2013, 07:12 AM
If I was closer I would. Next year we're going to try this at all of the GoodGuys events

chocthunder
09-27-2013, 07:25 AM
@ Z06killinSBF, I worried about the same thing for a couple of years. It is not as hard as it looks just to run, now run really fast is a different story. The fun factor will out weigh and any other emotion you will have. Most drivers don't mind passenger's, just ask one. Once you take a ride you will want to drive. If you are there look for me, orange 69 camaro.

Smittys
09-27-2013, 09:09 AM
Don't be afraid of the coarse we will help you through it!

protouring70
09-28-2013, 08:34 AM
Come to Charlotte and offer the same, please. LOL
That would be great....hopefully mine will be done by then

Slick68
09-30-2013, 04:28 AM
Oh man tempting!! To bad I've never ran around cones before. I'd hate to make a fool of myself in front of a big crowd. I think I'll just walk around and come by the booth.

@ Z06killinSBF, I worried about the same thing for a couple of years. It is not as hard as it looks just to run, now run really fast is a different story. The fun factor will out weigh and any other emotion you will have. Most drivers don't mind passenger's, just ask one. Once you take a ride you will want to drive. If you are there look for me, orange 69 camaro.

I don't worry about the crowd, because they're just that, a crowd. I'd rather have fun participating than watching from the sidelines. Most people in the crowd are in the crowd because they either don't have a car done or ready or they don't have the huevos to drive their car/truck that way. I've also never heard any negative comments from the crowd.

GBNL
09-30-2013, 07:33 AM
Sounds like fun , wish my c10 was setup for the course, all we have here in south texas is 1/4 mile and street meets.

rchaskin
09-30-2013, 07:49 AM
...... I'd hate to make a fool of myself in front of a big crowd............

Yeah, no one here has ever done that!!!! LOL!!!

RobNoLimit
09-30-2013, 08:18 AM
Yeah, no one here has ever done that!!!! LOL!!!

HA, There's a good chance I'll do it. - again. lol

bovey
09-30-2013, 06:42 PM

You will not make a fool of yourself. The crowd wishes they were doing it and if you add a little excitement, AKA, murder a few cones or spin - The crowd loves it! I've done both to prove it... Also, taking strangers for rides is a riot in AutoX. Go for it, you'll love it.

rchaskin
10-01-2013, 04:28 AM
...... Also, taking strangers for rides is a riot......

So true!!! Check this vid out.
My brother in a bone stock suspension C10 takes this kid a ride at GG Charlotte.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybJqDJIEi0w
The rider gets "Perma Grin" before the first turn, and keeps it the entire ride!!

GrabberGT
10-01-2013, 06:08 AM
So true!!! Check this vid out.
My brother in a bone stock suspension C10 takes this kid a ride at GG Charlotte.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybJqDJIEi0w
The rider gets "Perma Grin" before the first turn, and keeps it the entire ride!!

This reminds me that I need to set up a passenger cam. I just installed 6-point harnesses so I'll start recording from there. LOL

Great video. I had to watch it twice. For a second there I thought it was 3 on the Tree shifting.

... and dont think of this as a hijack. Its a bump for Rob. LOL

ohsolow
10-01-2013, 06:04 PM
Don't be concerned with anything other than having fun and improving your skill set and your car. Don't get discouraged that your not the fast guy we all started out where your at , first timers. All I ask is that if you spin out stay off the gas I know the crowd loves it but there is no high fence in Texas and a cone kicked over the wall off of a spinning back tire is not good they way 6 pounds except the ones Rob has drug down to 3 pounds can hurt someone. Remember we have kids in the crowd and most of there parents don't have a clue.

Z06killinSBF
10-01-2013, 07:23 PM
I'm not going to race, my pos Blazer has so many issues it pisses me off. Main issue is the 1/2" of suspension travel before the a arms meet the frame and the next major hurdle is the WOT limp mode. So you boys and girls enjoy it, I may make my way out there to spectate.

Maybe I can convince the wife to let me tool the Edge around some cones. SUV class?

RobNoLimit
10-08-2013, 07:17 PM
We had a great turnout in Texas with trucks. 7 competitors got involved with the No Limit Truck Class Shootout, and the lead swapped several times. In the end, Andy Halliberton had the fast truck of the weekend. As a comparison, Andy's best run would have put him 5th in the Street Machine class, ahead of 41 other street machines!!!!! There were several C10's, a D-100, and a few early chevys - even a 51(ish) suburban. I hope everyone had a good time. Andy, give us a call, we owe you $55.00. Tried to find you in the winners circle sunday, but ran out of time, had to get on the road. Congrats to all, and Keep On Truckin!!!

GrabberGT
10-09-2013, 05:55 AM
Great show put on by the "No Limit" trucks this weekend. Congrats to all.

I was really impressed with that suburban. For as big as it was, he did a really great job of navigating that challenging course. I dont think I could have done it.

TRK Richard Holeman 49 Chevy Suburban 84.995

RobNoLimit
10-09-2013, 01:11 PM
Thanks, BTW congrats on the invite. Get ready, it's a hell of a day.

Smittys
10-10-2013, 04:45 PM
Texas was a great event! It was great meeting some of the guys off the board.

On a performance note. The truck is really coming around. After some tuning with Rob and some setup changes. We kept gaining on the clock. Me and Rob shared our trucks with each other to help us both gain info for tuning and driving styles. It is a very unsettling feeling sitting in your passenger seat but also very big respect factor with each other to hand the keys over and say go fast as you can driving. Rob is a great wheel man and I learned a new driving style from him.

A few things to point out.

1 The trucks are running as fast or faster then the pro cars.

2 They all have No-Limit parts wrapped in Ride Tech Shocks.

3 My truck is super Fast on AIR YES AIR Ride Rob and Jimi Day both said the same thing they would not have known it wasn't on coils if they didn't know it already.

P.S I have All NO-Limit parts on sale 10% off