PDA

View Full Version : lowered 69' camaro

Free21
09-20-2013, 05:39 PM
Need help/advice. Lowered '69 camaro 1.5 inches with hotchkis sport leaf springs. Lowered front end 2 inches with heidts tall drop spindle. Currently running 15 inch rims with wilwood disc brakes. Camaro has original front springs which need to be replaced. Looking at putting stock height spindles back on? Want classic look with touch of pro touring. Want level stance but didnt want large gap between tire/fenders. Looking at upgrading to 17 inch wheels. Lowered to give aggressive stance. Do I put on stock spindles or are there other stock height spindles that are better. Do I lower with new front springs? Was debating between 2 inch vs 1 inch drop. Keeping in mind desired level look. Classic look with slight touch of pro touring.

rustomatic
09-20-2013, 06:00 PM
You don't want to change the height (any more than you already have) until you have your final/desired wheel size. This involves unseen problems that may include backspacing changes, fender lip-rubbing, and wheel center based on a different diameter. Do the wheels, then see what fits around them. Ask me how I know about the problems from doing it the other way...