PDA

View Full Version : is it possible to build your own four link

rcrown
09-14-2013, 07:52 AM
Good day, I have a 62 falcon and I am interested or toying with the idea of building my own four link suspension setup for this vehicle. Does anyone have any tips, tricks, recommendations or modifications during construction of the the suspension?
Thank you
Ron

Ron Sutton
09-14-2013, 08:41 AM
Yes. Another member asked a few months back and I wrote up a detailed process.

You can read it here (https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/100779-HELP-how-do-I-set-my-3-link-bars?highlight=Performance+Trends).

Scroll down to post #5

makoshark
09-14-2013, 08:00 PM
Ridetech has universal 4-link kits you can adapt to your car.

RobNoLimit
09-15-2013, 11:40 AM
Sure you can. But it takes a lot of time and energy to get it right. Even though I have everything to build a 4 link on hand in my shop, I think if this was my car I would first call Mike @ Maier racing (as I consider him the guru of all things early mustang, and this is very close) and see what he has available. But if that's a no go, check out 'the Chassis Shop' for inserts and brackets, as well as a good look at some of the circle track suppliers for suspension parts. We can fab you bars to any custom length if you need.

Munssey
09-15-2013, 02:15 PM
^^^ Yup, I agree with Rob. The advantage of the Falcons is that someone has already done all the math for us =)

Technically, you COULD build your own. Depending on your cost on supplies, you *may* get away slightly cheaper overall than just buying a kit but time = money and we can make more money.... time is something we dont get more of ;)

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Ron Sutton
09-16-2013, 08:09 AM
Sure you can. But it takes a lot of time and energy to get it right. Even though I have everything to build a 4 link on hand in my shop, I think if this was my car I would first call Mike @ Maier racing (as I consider him the guru of all things early mustang, and this is very close) and see what he has available. But if that's a no go, check out 'the Chassis Shop' for inserts and brackets, as well as a good look at some of the circle track suppliers for suspension parts. We can fab you bars to any custom length if you need.

Agreed on calling Mike Maier. Here's his website (http://www.maiermotorsports.com/).

Maier Motorsports
09-30-2013, 02:17 PM
Hey Ron,

I just wanted to chime on on this topic as it seems we have been referred by a few people (Thanks Ron & Rob). My name is Vince, I am one of mikes employees that is a bit more computer savvy than he is.

I brought this topic up with Mike this afternoon and he said if you would give him a call at the shop and he can tell you about his extreme rear suspension kit which is a 3 link. No pressure on purchasing our kit, we just enjoy helping people make the best decision for their car/truck! (Mike has even has helped design a 3 link in this truck (http://www.classictrucks.com/tech/1211clt_427_ford_cobra_small_block/viewall.html))

The shop phone is (510)-581-7600.

Cheers,
Vince