PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Memphis

SickMustang
09-14-2013, 01:02 AM
Hello All!

I've been lurking on this forum for a few months, and even posted in a couple of threads here and there, but I've not introduced myself. I've quickly become a fan of the Pro-Touring style cars here and over at the L-G forum, although these are more realistic for what I would like to drive. I've always been a fan of the classic musclecars, with the 67-68 Mustangs being a personal favorite. After reading through the Code Blue project, I've decided to go ahead and try my luck at building one starting in earnest next year. This might sound almost sacrilegious, but chasing high hp isn't that important to me. In my opinion, 300-350 is plenty to have fun with (and a whole lot cheaper). What is important is having a car that I can drive on a daily basis without much headache - I like working on 'em, not necessarily fixing 'em.

With that being said, I'm wondering why the 3.9L V8 from the Lincoln LS (the other LS) and the Ford Thunderbird hasn't seen any (NONE) interest for engine swaps. This is an all alumimun, 280-290HP DOHC engine that, at a glance, looks like it will fit between the shock towers of an early Mustang and take some weight off the front wheels. I know the modular swaps are more popular because of the displacement, but I can't believe there is no interest in this engine. Why is that?

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the cars and so are some of the guys I work with. Keep up the good work; hopefully I'll be posting up a nice project soon enough!!!

69lsxamx
09-17-2013, 06:50 PM
Welcome to the site. It's nice to see someone else that wants to be a little different. I like the idea of the 3.9 but don't know anything about them. The Eco boost will be a cool swap also.