PDA

View Full Version : A/C lines

carson
08-30-2005, 12:08 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows of a good place in the central Texas area (Houston, Austin, Dallas) that makes and installs custom A/C lines. I just put an LT1 in my Sonoma and I need to get the A/C working again. I need to find a place that will make the lines and do a complete service to the air conditioner.
Thanks
Carson

69lt4
09-01-2005, 08:28 AM
Carson,
It's not difficult running the A/C lines. Check with your local hydraulic line store.. They might have a/c lines, fittings, and crimp machine. The lines are easy to cut. Install the fitting, slide the hose onto the fitting, route the hose, cut the hose and attach to other fitting. Go back and mark the hose and the fitting to ensure the hose doesn't twist within the fitting when you take it off. Take it to the hydrualic facility and have them crimp the connector onto the hose.
If you have ran any other type of hose, this isn't any different.
Kevin

carson
09-05-2005, 12:22 PM
is there any place online to buy the lines and fittings? Because I don't have any kind of places like that around here, the closest place would probably be about an hour or so away.

69lt4
09-06-2005, 08:14 AM
Any Vintage Air dealer has them for you to order. I can't remember the name of the other aftermarket A/C companies. Kevin