PDA

View Full Version : Route 66 info and directions

blackinkmedia
09-07-2013, 08:11 AM
Hey fellow racers, if you haven't already seen the results, time sheets or photos from last weekend's So Cal Challenge held at the Great Labor day Cruise in Costa Mesa please visit the SCC website at www.socalchallenge.com.
Yes its' true, we have been asked to hold an autocross event on September 21th at the Route 66 Rendezvous show at San Manuel stadium in San Bernardino. The "autocross 66" event will be part of the Route 66 Rendezvous show that will include timing equipment held in the parking lot just outside of San Manuel Stadium. We struck a deal we the event promoter for SCC racers where you can come out to race all day for just $25.00 in addition to the $45.00 show entry fee.

Fast Facts for the Autocross 66 event:
Tech inspection begins at 7:45 AM to 9:30 Am, racing will start at 8:30AM and last until 5:00 PM with a one hour lunch break at noon.
Food is available for purchase at the event, and please bring a helmet.
This is a run what you brung event, as times are just fun runs.

Directions to San Manuel Stadium Located at:
280 South E Street
San Bernardino, CA 92401
909-888-9922
From the North:
215 Freeway South, Exit 3rd Street, which becomes I Street,
follow I Street to Rialto Ave, turn left on Rialto Ave,
follow Rialto Ave. to G Street, turn right on G Street,
follow G Street South to Stadium (we are located on the left).
From the South:
215 Freeway North, Exit Mill Street and turn right onto Mill Street,
turn right onto Mill Street,
turn left onto G Street South to Stadium (we are located on the left).
From the East:
10 Freeway West to 215 Freeway North,
Exit Mill Street and turn right onto Mill Street,
turn left onto G Street,
follow G Street South to Stadium (we are located on the left).
210 Freeway West to the 215 Freeway South
Exit 3rd Street, which becomes I Street,
follow I Street to Rialto Ave, turn left on Rialto Ave,
follow Rialto Ave. to G Street, turn right on G Street,
follow G Street South to Stadium.
From the West:
10 Freeway East to 215 Freeway North,
Exit Mill Street,
turn right onto Mill Street,
turn left onto G Street South to Stadium (we are located on the left).
210 Freeway East
take the State Street Exit
Follow road detours to the 215 Freeway South
Exit 3rd Street, which becomes I Street,
Follow I Street to Rialto Ave, turn left on Rialto Ave,
Follow Rialto Ave. to G Street, turn right on G Street,
Follow G Street South to Stadium (we are located on the left)
https://www.pro-touring.com/webkit-fake-url://E37CB4B5-EE43-4AB9-88CC-D912A3134D3A/scc66-flyer.jpg

RobNoLimit
09-09-2013, 07:24 PM
Robert Byrd stopped by today and we looked over the track layout. It looks really fun, lap times should run 60 to 70 sec. ??? that's our best est. You'll need steering, brakes, and H.P.

RobNoLimit
09-12-2013, 06:21 AM
We've had some calls about available pit space. There will be a max of 42 pit stalls. Once those fill up, that's it. If anyone would like to pre-register for the autocross portion of the event ($25) you can call in and do so over the phone 909-386-7637. Tina will collect the info and have you ready to check in first thing Saturday am.

RobNoLimit
09-13-2013, 06:06 PM
From left field, Loma Linda University Medical Center has signed on to help sponsor the Route 66 Autocross. This is a huge relief for the So Cal Challenge crew, as this will cover the insurance. Thanks LLUMC

Sanchez Garage
09-14-2013, 06:51 PM
My understanding is that rendezvous Route 66 was suspended this year here is a link. http://www.route-66.org This year it will be held at Ontario and its called cruisin reunion 66

blackinkmedia
09-14-2013, 08:03 PM
My understanding is that rendezvous Route 66 was suspended this year here is a link. http://www.route-66.org This year it will be held at Ontario and its called cruisin reunion 66file://localhost/Users/marcelvenable/Downloads/scc66-flyer-1.jpg

Yes it is a little confusing this year as there are two Route 66 shows this month. Please check this web address www.rendezvoustoroute66.com for info on the event or check out info about the auto cross at www.socalchallenge.com Here is the event
Thanks,
Marcel
So Cal Challenge

RobNoLimit
09-18-2013, 11:32 AM
OK, it's here. The city has stepped up to run street sweepers today for the entire show and autocross area. Power and K-rail is delivered. there are still some spots left, lots of gen 5 Camaro's, we need some late model Mustangs and Challengers. Don Chammelo is bringing his 32 with the new sorted out suspension, Crosby ran mid 46's last night in the RideTech WC Camaro. Come on out and join the fun.