PDA

View Full Version : September 11th - Mamaroneck, NY Show

lvrpool32
08-29-2005, 03:47 PM
Always a good show :-

September 11, Mamaroneck, NY - 32nd Annual Antique Car Show & Flea Market, sponsored by Mamaroneck Kiwanis at Harbor Island Park, Mamaroneck Ave. & Boston Post Rd., starting at 9AM, rain date Sept. 18. Call for info: Bruce Robertson (914)698-2635, e-mail [email protected] ([email protected]).

vanzuuk1
08-29-2005, 03:58 PM
Nick , I have to make this show, i grew up in mamaroneck. I know I bailed twice due to weather but I have a good feeling about this one. Should be fun, I can get dirty looks from every girl I ever dated.

68 SuperRam
08-30-2005, 09:02 AM
I will definitely be there - already have my pre-registration form filled out and will mail tomorrow - hopefully the weather will be good - missed this weekend's show in Port Chester - keep looking it was going to rain. Hope to be put in the right category this time around - and maybe win something. :1st:

lvrpool32
08-30-2005, 02:43 PM
I guess we will all be in the same group...GM modified 1901 to 2200 :-)I am NOT going to park with the other corvette's this year.

68 SuperRam
09-01-2005, 08:33 AM
Last year - I can not remember the class that they put me in - but I was parked next to - air ride suspension Impalas, and lead sleds - totally the wrong category.

Steve Chryssos
09-01-2005, 09:09 AM
I'm out. I'll be on an airplane.
/Steevo

ALLFAITH
09-02-2005, 12:00 PM
Nick,

Don't bail on your fellow Corvette buddies :) maybe you can park next to Chuck Zito's Vette, it was there last year.

Brad

vanzuuk1
09-02-2005, 01:11 PM
OK , how was chucks vette? gaudy or nice?

lvrpool32
09-09-2005, 05:12 AM
So who's in???

Do we all want to meet up before ?????

ALLFAITH
09-09-2005, 08:46 AM
Nick, I'll meet you there, I am without vehicle. I moved and cars are at alternative garages.

I also want to spend the early AM with my family in observance of 9/11 so I probably won't get there till 11 or 12.

Brad

vanzuuk1
09-09-2005, 02:04 PM
I am in , where do you want to meet?

2fast4u
09-10-2005, 04:53 AM
I'm in as well. Are there going to be a number of modified- "pro-touring" classics or just restored classics there??? Is there a section allocated at the car show for the pro-touring classics?

Also, describe your cars so I can look out for them tomorrow.

-Chris

lvrpool32
09-10-2005, 05:30 AM
Dirk, how about 8 ..8-15 my place?.(last year there was a line to get in a 8.30!!)

Chris, Theres lots of cars there, maybe 300 -400 cars of every style...stock, restored, pro street, pro touring...European.....it really is a good show(and the trophy's they give out are really nice (thats refreshing).

Dirk has a mean, lean and green pro touring machine (a green 69 Camaro with blacked out rally wheels, custom front and rear (?)spoiler.

Mines a yellow 69 vette, L88 headlights, 17 and 18" Bonspeeds.

Hope to see you there.

Nick

vanzuuk1
09-10-2005, 07:17 AM
Nick I will see you at your casa, no back spoiler yet but almost done.

Chris what are driving?

2fast4u
09-10-2005, 08:05 AM
I'm driving a Dark Green 67 Firebird Convertible, dropped, mini-tubbed w/ 335/30/18" colorado Custom 'Lazear' wheels.

vanzuuk1
09-10-2005, 11:09 AM
Dark green! Dont park next to me!

Just kidding, my car is the same color.Looks good but shows every scratch. I am in pleasantville, if you are passing this way we could convoy.If not be sure to say hello at the show.

2fast4u
09-10-2005, 03:41 PM
Its actually a metallic green. Kind of looks blue in the shade; green in the sun and black at night. I'm coming form Long Island. I'll probably see you there. -chris

FScope
09-11-2005, 03:12 PM
I wasn't able to go to the show, but I'm pretty sure I saw Vanzuuk1's car parked on north broadway in white plains afterwards when I went to get gas. I don't know if you were outside at the time, but I made some noise when I left to get your atteneion.

vanzuuk1
09-11-2005, 04:35 PM
Thats really funny, I saw your car both times it looked great. A bunch of us were eating outside and I had just commented that there was a lot of noise and traffic at that intersection and then WAAAAAA..RR..WAAAAAAA your car went by. I told my friends I knew your car from the website but I havent seen it up close. Keep in touch if you want to do the next cruise.

Last nite I was watching speed and saw Dave pozzi at a vintage race, its amazing how the internet connects people.

vanzuuk1
09-11-2005, 04:37 PM
P S had a great time at the show, John I forgot the website address for the belts again.

2fast4u
09-11-2005, 04:58 PM
I too went to the car show but decided to leave my car home as i'm changing out the gas tank.. I saw Nick's yellow 'vette- real nice! I didn't see Nick though as i waited around for 5 minutes. One of the judges was looking for you as well. He was peeved your car didnt qualify in the same class of cars it was parked around(made no sense to me). I jetted so I dont know if he gave you a problem or not.

I thing a 1970 'Cuda will be my next car if I can afford one!

-chris

lvrpool32
09-11-2005, 05:02 PM
Thanx Chris.........yeah I have had issues with "classes" at that show for the last two years. Both Dirk and I where in "street machine" ie not stock, but the judge told me I couldn't be in that class because my car was fiberglass!!! I kinda laughed...told him they didnt make steel 'vettes.

Who's up for a pro touring gathering at the Playland show????

FScope
09-11-2005, 06:08 PM
just searched to see when the playland show is going to be held, looks like Oct 2 with Oct 9 as rain date. I should be able to make it, I've made it to that show every year for the past 5-6 years. I also plan to go to the Orchard beach car show, which I believe is Sept 24. And I will have the car up on the chassis dyno if it's there again.

2fast4u
09-12-2005, 06:20 AM
On October 2- there is a Real Nice on car show in Bar Beach Park- Port Wasington, NY(Long Island) minutes off exit 36 LI Expressway. Its Comparable to the Mamaroneck car show. I highly recommend it. 200+ cars. Swap meet as well. -Chris

68 SuperRam
09-12-2005, 06:52 AM
Show was good - weather was great Dirk - Apex Performance www.apexperformance.net is their website either Clark or his wife Linda can help you out - mention the Pro-toruing website or "John A" - which was the code for the GP sometime ago - take a look at the website - they will show you all of the harnesses from a few different companies.

I leaft around 3:00 - did you see who won anything in our class - curious to know.

It was nice meeting you and your wife in person - car looks amazing!!!

Nick - it was also a pleasure to meet you - car looks great!

I will definitely be at Playland.

Ralph LoGrasso
09-12-2005, 01:10 PM
On October 2- there is a Real Nice on car show in Bar Beach Park- Port Wasington, NY(Long Island) minutes off exit 36 LI Expressway. Its Comparable to the Mamaroneck car show. I highly recommend it. 200+ cars. Swap meet as well. -Chris

I'd probably be up for this. Port Washington isn't too far. I believe Dirk is planning a cruise up in Bear Mtn. around the beginning of October as well.

vanzuuk1
09-14-2005, 03:12 AM
If anyone has pics of the white fiero with the 8 cyl. , post them please. Amazing car.

ALLFAITH
09-14-2005, 05:09 AM
Dirk,

That Fiero was at Playland last year, parked next to Scott's car. I assume he is local and will go again.

Brad

PS Did you Nick or John win anything at mamaroneck.

68 SuperRam
09-14-2005, 05:52 AM
The Fiero was a cool car - it was next to Scott's and my car at Playland last year - I know I took some pics there - I will have to try and find them - I know his name is Lou - realy nice guy. I am pretty sure that he will be at Playland this year.

Brad - I left around 3:00 before the awards were given out - I am curious myself to know who won in our category - does anyone know? Does the club post the information on the net?

lvrpool32
09-14-2005, 05:57 AM
Dirk,

That Fiero was at Playland last year, parked next to Scott's car. I assume he is local and will go again.

Brad

PS Did you Nick or John win anything at mamaroneck.

My triumph did..............but they said my vette was in the wrong class (not sure what class it was supposed to be in)
A black 69 Chevelle (that was for sale) won 1st in the Street Machine class.

Gonna go up to the Katonah 'vette show this Sunday.........see if they have a class for me :rolleyes5

ALLFAITH
09-14-2005, 06:26 AM
Nick,

That Chevelle has been for sale for 2 years I think :)

BTW the Triumph was regsitered under your lovely wife's name.

Skip katonah--Good Guys in Rhinebeck as spectators ?

Brad

toxicz28
09-14-2005, 08:35 AM
That Chevelle has been for sale for 2 years I think :)

If you go to alot of shows, you'll notice the same cars are always "for sale". If you ask the price, it's usually ridiculously high. They just want people to come and talk to them about their cars.

vanzuuk1
09-14-2005, 02:19 PM
I didnt want to be judged, my cars not close enough to done.

This sunday i will be thrashing my car at that event in long island, sort of a mile long autocross through the streets.(!) If i pass tech.