PDA

View Full Version : finally opening up my new shop

mikey
09-01-2013, 06:52 PM
After numerous delays I'm finally prepared to open for business. I've got a few more things to move in and get set up but I'll be ready for work next weekend. I'm only open in the evenings and weekends since I still have a day job doing collision work till things get going.

MrQuick
09-01-2013, 07:58 PM
Way to go!!! congrats.

Remember only take on what you can handle and you'll go far.

thunderzy
09-02-2013, 05:57 AM
Congrats!! best of luck to you. Post pics of the shop and your projects.

shmoov69
09-02-2013, 07:08 AM
Cool man, now let the stress begin! LoL!
Congrats!

Ron Sutton
09-02-2013, 08:51 AM
Congrats!

Way too true. Congrats Mike ... enjoy it !

Munster
09-02-2013, 10:33 AM
Hope your business booms.

mikey
09-03-2013, 08:55 PM
Congrats!

Way too true. Congrats Mike ... enjoy it !
I can't get too much more stressed it's no wonder there's not really any small businesses starting up the friggin red tape and hoops............ I've been fighting with th zoning and planning guy for 5 months there's a difference between zoning as to where you can pull a engine and where you can't I mean really wth. I found one place I really wanted bad was told no zoned lt mech can't pull drivetrain my reply there's a trans shop next door( same building) have to get back to you on that never heard from him again

mikey
09-03-2013, 09:02 PM
Congrats!! best of luck to you. Post pics of the shop and your projects.
Will do shortly finishing up wiring for my welders and compressor and moving in plan on being done sat morning starting out small 1200sqft shop space but rent is cheap close to day job (for now) and home.Going to give it a year or two part time to get it up and running before I go full time I was surprised to find out that Kenny Davis is still part time

talwell
09-04-2013, 05:25 AM
Congratulations on the new shop and business. Remember the most important thing in business is keeping the customer happy and communication. Now lets see some cool projects being built !!

ekmxryda
12-31-2013, 04:04 PM
Hey Mike,

How is the new shop going? Any picts of your space? I would love to open a small shop some day, let me know how things are going for you.
Good luck with everything!
Happy New Year too!

RobNoLimit
12-31-2013, 04:25 PM
Mike, send me your Email, I'll send you a couple of doc's that will help manage your customers. Good luck

Auto Rod Technologies
12-31-2013, 07:15 PM
I can't get too much more stressed it's no wonder there's not really any small businesses starting up the friggin red tape and hoops............ I've been fighting with th zoning and planning guy for 5 months there's a difference between zoning as to where you can pull a engine and where you can't I mean really wth. I found one place I really wanted bad s told no zoned lt mech can't pull drivetrain my reply there's a trans shop next door( same building) have to get back to you on that never heard from him again

It's always something, I've been doing this about 15 years now and there is always something going on that you have to deal with that makes no sense..

mikey
01-01-2014, 02:53 AM
Hey Mike,

How is the new shop going? Any picts of your space? I would love to open a small shop some day, let me know how things are going for you.
Good luck with everything!
Happy New Year too!
It's been pretty slow going I've got one project (64 c10 ) going on right now but I'm not allowed to post pics of it per the owner's request. I've got a 64 elcamino 68 mustang fb 69 mach 1 68 shelby clone 69 cougar 428 clone in the works. They're all committed to me doing the work just need to get them to open up the checkbook... in the meantime I'm also working on my camaro since it's basically a r&d car for my fiberglass and carbon fiber parts. You can find my web page on Facebook search Mike's hot rod shop independence mo.

BuzzKillian
01-01-2014, 09:18 AM
I had little trouble finding it with that search... Here's a link to it. www.facebook.com/pages/Mikes-hot-rod-shop/381623191939230

Good luck with your endeavor!

Mizzouri
01-01-2014, 09:28 AM
Mike, now that you are open, and very close by, I'll have to come over and check out your shop if that'd be alright with you.

TonyHuntimer
01-01-2014, 01:37 PM
Congratulations! Opening a new shop is nothing short of a miracle in California. It might be the same in Missouri.

Good luck!
Tony Huntimer
TestCarDatabase

mikey
01-01-2014, 03:59 PM
Mike, now that you are open, and very close by, I'll have to come over and check out your shop if that'd be alright with you.

That's fine with me just call first as this is still a part time deal evenings and weekends. I do all of my parts chasing ect on as needed basis. So I'm not always there The restomod store( formerly mo bitchen) is doing my paint work. They painted this one for us. They own the antifreeze green mustang that's at buffalo wild wings cruise night. Here's a pic of one I did at my day job. I tried to hot rod it......

mikey
01-01-2014, 04:01 PM
Congratulations! Opening a new shop is nothing short of a miracle in California. It might be the same in Missouri.

Good luck!
Tony Huntimer
TestCarDatabase

Not quite as bad but enough to really piss you off at times......

broken1234
01-01-2014, 09:01 PM
I would like to hear some more about your glass and carbon Camaro...

mikey
01-02-2014, 08:29 AM
Give me a call when you get time. We've got a couple of items that we're done with the others are still in the r&d mode.