PDA

View Full Version : SoCal Challenge / Labor Day Cruise pics

Sales-TCI-Eng
09-01-2013, 08:48 AM
Sorry for the Facebook link, I just won't have time to upload to Photobucket until next week. Make sure to tag any pics that aren't already.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.494384240643412.1073741860.108193125929194&type=1

-J

QuarterD25
09-01-2013, 09:22 AM
Here is the pictures from yesterday that Rich took. So Cal Challenge Coasta mesa 130831 - a set on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/24728318@N08/sets/72157635326690079/)

Tomswheels
09-01-2013, 11:31 AM
Nice pics!

Cole
09-02-2013, 03:23 AM
Thanks for sharing!

rrelco
09-03-2013, 11:21 AM
who did the best times? i noticed no speedtech, detroit speed, heavy hitters there

Sales-TCI-Eng
09-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Rob had the fastest time on Saturday in Hellboy, with Cris from JCG in a close 2nd in the C5 Vette. Bill 'Speed' in the Black Widow S10 & Greg in that red Vette were also killing it. I am not sure what everyone else did on Sunday but I know Skrape picked up nearly 2 seconds as he got acclimated to the Wagon. We'll be playing with sway bar sizes and spring rates on his car too since it is too soft in the back.

-J

blackinkmedia
09-03-2013, 06:24 PM
Hey everyone, I just wanted to send out a big thank you to all of the participants and our sponsors that made another So Cal Challenge held last weekend at the Great Labor Day cruise in Costa Mesa a huge success.
We had over 40 drivers come out and compete on Saturday and 25 drivers come back out on Sunday. Although we got off to a rocky start on Saturday due to a water truck and timing clock mis-hap, all of our contestants got in 15+ runs on Saturday and countless runs on Sunday.
Coverage of the event was broad-casted on bang-shift.com where it was seen by many racing fans across the country. The heavy hitter of the event was Rob Mac Gregor in the No Limit backed Hellboy C-10 that recorded the fastest time of the day for the over-all win. He joins past So Cal Challenge Heavy Hitter's James, Crosby in the Ride Tech '33 coupe, Mike Meyer in his rocket ship fast '65 Mustang, and Brian Hobaugh in his record shattering Camaro.
We were also happy to see the debut of the TCI equipped Nova wagon driven by Sky Scrape in the Tapout backed entry, and Cris Gonzales from JCG resto in their new C5 vette entry.
Many other awesome drivers were out there on hand, and we will be posting the results, photos, and points standings beginning tomorrow throughout the week. If you would like to come out and give it a try, stay tuned to the so cal challenge web site www.socalchallenge.com for info on our next event.

Matt@BOS
09-03-2013, 06:53 PM
Rob absolutely killed the competition with his C10. It has been fun watching Rob test and tune and apply new concepts to "Hellboy" in order to make it faster. Setting the fastest time out at the Columbus Good Guys with all of the other big vendors was no easy feat, and the truck looked to be even faster on Saturday. Still, Rob found a way to make it faster on Sunday with a few changes. I think he ran a 32.1 or 32.2 on Saturday and managed to knock down a 31.1 or 31.3 on Sunday for the fastest time of the weekend.

Matt

Cris@JCG
09-03-2013, 07:10 PM
Matt- All I know is that I am finally faster than you!

And you are faster than me in my own car.. So you can't drive it anymore!

Rob absolutely killed the competition with his C10. It has been fun watching Rob test and tune and apply new concepts to "Hellboy" in order to make it faster. Setting the fastest time out at the Columbus Good Guys with all of the other big vendors was no easy feat, and the truck looked to be even faster on Saturday. Still, Rob found a way to make it faster on Sunday with a few changes. I think he ran a 32.1 or 32.2 on Saturday and managed to knock down a 31.1 or 31.3 on Sunday for the fastest time of the weekend.

Matt

Matt@BOS
09-03-2013, 07:47 PM
Matt- All I know is that I am finally faster than you!

And you are faster than me in my own car.. So you can't drive it anymore!

You missed out on Sunday. My radiator was crapping out, so I didn't that much, but I made a quick driver adjustment to drive smoother and ran a 31.6 on Sunday, so I was only few tenths behind Rob's fast time of the weekend. If I had a cardboard dash I might have been faster.

But yes, I have to admit, you beat me when it counted. Now you should take advantage of this time to make and/or sell more go fast parts to me now.

Cris@JCG
09-03-2013, 08:39 PM
We will get on fabricating you a cardboard dash next week & sell it to for the price of a Carbon fiber pcs!

I knew you were faster & figured you get it by Sunday.. That is why I left Saturday..

You missed out on Sunday. My radiator was crapping out, so I didn't that much, but I made a quick driver adjustment to drive smoother and ran a 31.6 on Sunday, so I was only few tenths behind Rob's fast time of the weekend. If I had a cardboard dash I might have been faster.

But yes, I have to admit, you beat me when it counted. Now you should take advantage of this time to make and/or sell more go fast parts to me now.

struck by Lightning
09-04-2013, 05:16 AM
We had a great time and will be back down for future events. The lightning is going on a major Diet....... and I may bring down the Z06 to see if I can keep up with the SoCal crew.

Mulligan
09-04-2013, 11:08 AM
You can checkout our coverage of the event at https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.324958820981144.1073741828.129572490519779&type=1&l=1d02ed7f34 and results at www.socalchallenge.com !