PDA

View Full Version : hypothetical ousci question

brownz
08-27-2013, 06:50 AM
I have a question for the people that have won the chance to attend the optima race. I know I don't have a shot in heck to win just wondering how people get their car to the event. I'm talking private owners. Do you pay to ship the car, trailer, drive it yourself or maybe try and find a vendor to sponsor the car just for the ride out?

Just something I have always wondered.

bret
08-27-2013, 09:34 AM
Transportation is the responsibility of the car owner. Some drive, most trailer. Some get sponsors to help. It's not an insignificant committment. But it sure is fun!

Scott Parkhurst
08-27-2013, 01:30 PM
I hauled my wagon on an open trailer to Las Vegas from Minnesota. You do what you have to do....! I really wanted to drive it, but we had sleet and frozen rain on the roads here before we left. It was scary enough with a truck and trailer.

tazzz25906112
08-27-2013, 04:23 PM
Done both,,, the drive was way more fun than trailer hauling..... If you win an invite and Life, Weather and schedules allow it, the drive is a bucket list especially if done with friends.

A little Trivia,,, The Rat Pack was founded on the 2009 ""Dirty Fun Run"" to SEMA. We ran rain storms and even a mudslide that close 40 behind us on the way across all in the name of fun running.... The founding members for the most part are all close friends to this day,, and I can tell you that it was the one of the best road trips of my life,, weather and all....

brownz
08-28-2013, 01:52 PM
Bret,

I do have ride tech parts on my camaro lol