PDA

View Full Version : T56 tunnel kits??

cactuss4
08-26-2013, 10:05 AM
I've read some threads where the discussion was around T56/TR6060 transmission tunnel kits, for those that don't have the metal experience to make something nice. Has anyone considered putting together a kit for this, are there kits that I'm missing. Is it just too costly or lack of interest to market such a thing? There are some real nice examples out there, so wondered.
ut
I think most people can cut, trim metal as needed (nibbler, plasma, tin snips), some can do some basic welding, but I would say the list is much smaller of those that can bend shape metal in a pleasing manner for various vehicles.

Thanks
Tory
66 Chevelle.

Schwartz Performance
08-26-2013, 02:26 PM
I believe Bruce Coutures Modern Driveline has a few tunnels.. And American Powertrain has some tunnel patches for a few vehicles.

Carl @ Chassisworks
08-26-2013, 02:32 PM
You mean like this: https://www.pro-touring.com/general/new-products-reviews/new-chassisworks-transmission-install-accessories-67-73-camaro-68-74-nova-100849.html

:usa: Hope that's helpful.

TheJDMan
08-26-2013, 03:13 PM
The Chassisworks tunnel cap is a very nice panel. I just installed one in Dust Off. I don't know if they make one for a Chevelle. I would highly recommend it. You do not need to trim very far down the sides of the tunnel to gain enough clearance for the T56 you just need to raise the top a small amount. Unfortunately my tunnel was butchered many years ago so I desperately needed the Chassisworks panel to bring my tunnel back to near stock contour.

cactuss4
08-26-2013, 03:44 PM
You mean like this: https://www.pro-touring.com/general/new-products-reviews/new-chassisworks-transmission-install-accessories-67-73-camaro-68-74-nova-100849.html

:usa: Hope that's helpful.

Ahh cool, but it looks like you need an A body car to give some love for the 65-67 chevelles/Abodies :))

Tory

Carl @ Chassisworks
08-26-2013, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the puttin' in the good word, Steve!

Ahh cool, but it looks like you need an A body car to give some love for the 65-67 chevelles/Abodies :))
Tory

Listen, pal, if anybody's A-body is gettin' used as a prototype it's mine! :twothumbs

Realistically, it's probably going to be a long time before we offer one for the A cars. There are a lot of other projects higher on the 'Stuff Chris Wants To Make Before He Keels Over' list. Unless a T56 Magnum shows up in my driveway with a big red bow; then who knows what will happen?

no go nova
08-28-2013, 05:41 AM
62-67 Novas