PDA

View Full Version : Goodmark Camaro fenders???

awr68
08-28-2005, 08:10 PM
Ok, I need a standard drivers side fender for my 68 camaro so I went to my local Chevy Restoration Store and bought two new fenders, thought I mise well replace both while I was at it. Well neither fit at all, I mean no where close to fitting, the door gap was huge, a lot of metal would have had to be added! So I returned them. I can't remember the Brand name, but the salesman told me the company was owned by a guy that used to head up Goodmark and in his (the salesman's) mind were a better product than Goodmark.

My question is has anyone used Goodmark's 67-68 camaro fenders? If so what is the fitment like? I here the 69's fit good but what about the 68's? I would love to use OE but I'm having trouble locating one....

vintageracer
08-29-2005, 04:31 AM
I have used the Goodmark Camaro fenders. Their "newest" tooling is MUCH better than their old tooling. I did not have the problems that many have had in the past. Right now the BIG focus by the sheetmetal guys is on the 69 fender tooling as they are the most popular. The last set of 67-68 fenders I got from Goodmark fit good.

NOS fenders are easily available "IF" you will spend the money. Probably $1200-$1500 for a pair. Since you are working on a 68 you could buy either 67 or 68 fenders since the only difference is the side marker light hole that you could add to a 67 fender.

Would "I" spend the difference. NO! Considering the fit of the last set of Goodmark fenders "I" purchased, the extra expense was not warranted. Now understand, the car was not a matching number BB or Z/28 that would justify the expense. You can tell the difference in repo and original GM by the inner structure if you know what to look for. Not a big deal in most cases.

LS1NOVA
08-29-2005, 11:19 AM
My Goodmark fenders for my Nova are as good as scrap!

MarkM66
08-29-2005, 12:51 PM
My Tiawan Fenders for my '70 Nova were ok. There was really only one area that I was really displeased with. But that area sure isn't going to bring the value of the car down enough to have made the NOS fender investement worthwhile. Yeah, they took alot of time to fit as good as they do.

I realize some expect fenders to bolt on in an hour, so they can go to the next step of the project. Doesn't work that way. It takes time, and two people are really a must to line them up.

RobM
08-29-2005, 10:36 PM
mine look pretty perfect on my 67. Took some fitting and body work experiance though i'm very happy with the quality though. I also used a goodmark hood and front valance.

awr68
08-30-2005, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the input guys!!!

Sparky67
08-31-2005, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the input guys!!!

I just saw a set 1968 NOS Camaro fenders on ebay. The price is pretty high to me, but these are RS fenders. You can find NOS parts but you need to find the right vendor that sells them. I put on my 1967 Camaro NOS quarters, and I had to go New York to get them. I am sure that guy would have NOS fenders for your 1968 Camaro too. I had bought NOS fenders for my RS Camaro back in 1986, when fenders were only $180 a fender. I had them acid dipped and e-coated back in March. NOS sheetmetal will give you a better fit than any Reproduction fender on the market, and make your Camaro more valuable. I can't think of that Camaro vendor's name in New York, but if you are interested in obtaining NOS fenders then email me and I will find the bill.

Jeff

96Z28SS
09-02-2005, 09:31 PM
Where in Oregon did you buy the fenders?

I just moved to Oregon, Gresham area.

awr68
09-08-2005, 09:37 PM
I bought them from Gold Eagle Classics 503-642-2005, they are a classic chevy parts store located in Aloha, Or. That's between Beaverton and Hillsboro.

Good guys and they stock a lot of needed parts.

shoddy_f-body
09-10-2005, 01:55 PM
You need to return them to that BS artist and buy them directly from Goodmark. I bought a set of 68 fenders and cowl hood. One fender (driver) fit like crap. Like you said,real wide in the middle. I Emailed them a pic.He said that aint right.Keep it and i'll send you another FREE. That one fit like a glove. Driver side fits perfect.Passenger side pretty good.Hood, real good. Theres a lot of 'old' repro fenders or ones that just don't fit floating around and a lot of places trying to unload them. Deal with Goodmark directly.You will get the newest stampings and if it don't fit they will treat you right. Not like a redheaded stepchild like some others who will remain nameless.