PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about Effingham Illinois / S. Central Illinois

Boatmark
08-23-2013, 11:38 PM
Ok folks, I have been talking to a company in the Effingham area about a job opportunity. Spend a day there a few weeks back and have never seen so much corn in my life. So I was hoping some people from that part of the state could give me some info on what the place is really like to live, what the housing market / neighborhoods are like, any cool little towns are close by. . . . or anything else you think I might want to know.

I am currently in Tennessee, but spent most of my life in SE Florida (grew up in Ft. Lauderdale) and about five years in the Metro Washington D.C. area. I know it is a whole different world, but think the job opportunity may be worth it. I figure St. Louis (or the airport) is close enough for when I need a big city fix.

Any information welcome - Thanks!

kochevy67
08-24-2013, 10:15 AM
Welcome to the most corrupt state in the nation. Effingham is a big enough town so you shouldn't get bored. If you like the outdoors there is plenty to do. Other than the politicians and taxes you'll be fine.

V8VW
09-04-2013, 04:00 PM
Just make sure when you visit St.Louis, have your CCW and make sure to "pack". Illinois supposedly just passed CCW but don't know how long it will take to be finalized. My Ruger is a constant companion with me. By the way, I live in St. Louis County,MO