PDA

View Full Version : Funkmaster Fraud show

BRIAN
08-28-2005, 06:58 PM
Just got back from the Funkmaster Flex car show. All I can say is if it is coming to your town do not waste your time or money.

Anybody who knows me will tell you I am very modest about my cars and work. I brought my 62 to the show which is a full tilt done up rod from bumper to bumper.

They claimed to have professional judging and a huge $10k prize. The judges kept asking me if I had any neons or flashing lights? They then asked me to describe my car. I realized they hadn't a clue what I was talking about. I told him I had a special Duracell battery. 6 link suspension and a 18 bolt AMC rear. They never said a word. One guy next to me was laughing so hard I couldn't believe they were that clueless.

The show was full of no shows from celebrities, 1/2 the cars predicted, and leaving my car in the middle of a dance contest between 5 girls in G strings. I actually had to get the police in the building to get the crowd off of my car. Don't blame them for looking but don't do this 5 feet from show cars. Then somebody walking by left a coke on my roof. One chick after hours when the cars were supposed to be secured got naked and attempted to get her picture taken on the bike, well she fell with the bike. Her friend also hung her camera on the mirror of a Caddy with a new candy paint job. This is the truth , can't make stuff like this up.

The end was them telling me they made a mistake in the judging. First they called me up on stage only to find out they ran out of trophies. I was then directed to stay on the stage because I had won something else. The only things left were the big $10k and runner ups. Well they called the 2 runner ups. So I was standing there thinking like everybody else that I won. Well they called another name. They then turned to me and said they F'd up and they would call me. Funk's assistant took my phone number. Talk about embarassing. Honestly there was a Camaro that should have won not me anyway but they gave him 3rd. Funk's own assistant yelled out loud how did he not win. By the way they had no checks for anybody instead they asked for their phone number and they would get in touch.

Sorry I am just venting but do not want somebody else going to one of these traveling rap video shows thinking they are going to get a fair chance. By the way I like rap and that is not the point. You have to be there to understand it is total lack of respect for anybody's property. If you like brand new cars with 22's, blaring non stop music, no security, your car getting damaged, then pay him your $30 to get in WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vanzuuk1
08-29-2005, 04:13 PM
Brian your car is so over their heads, dont know why you bothered.Post a picture so people reading this see how nice your car is.The city island show was a mess a few years ago, sound like this was even worse.

I love on flexe's show how he yells about a big "caburayta", and then doesnt know what else to say.

Bring your car to the september 11th show in mamaroneck, it will be appreciated.Nice big, relaxing show for adults and families.

Left you a message about the parts, I am going to pass but thanks for thinking about my offer.I have to pay some bills or it will catch up to me.

vanzuuk1
08-29-2005, 04:15 PM
Just read your post again, it sounds like a nightmare, you did well not to flip out.

SinCityChevelle
08-29-2005, 04:59 PM
I can't believe that story. I would have driven my car right out in the middle of the show. And the camera on the mirror thing! I can't think of words to say except I will not be going to one of those shows.

steemin
08-29-2005, 05:36 PM
Sorry about the wasted time and money.
Thankfully the car came out unscathed!
First clue..
Do not enter a show with the word "FUNK" in the title. :)
Scott

Travis B
08-30-2005, 06:07 AM
First clue..
Do not enter a show with the word "FUNK" in the title. :)
Scott

:lol:

Foudie
08-30-2005, 06:32 AM
Same thing with the World of Wheels. It has become nothing but a lowrider car show. At least here in Phoenix. The only show worth going to other than the weekly gathering at the pavillions is the Good Guys show in Scottsdale IMO.

Steve Chryssos
08-30-2005, 07:30 AM
Brian,
That really blows. I will PM you with Flex's contact info. Please use it constructively (advice regarding security issues and award presentation problems as opposed to--y'know, death threats)
/Steevo

Boyd
08-30-2005, 08:19 AM
Brian your car is so over their heads, dont know why you bothered.Post a picture so people reading this see how nice your car is.....

:dunno: okay, let's see.

Steve1968LS2
08-30-2005, 08:58 AM
Brian,
That really blows. I will PM you with Flex's contact info. Please use it constructively (advice regarding security issues and award presentation problems as opposed to--y'know, death threats)
/Steevo

Yea, I met Flex and he seemed like a real down to earth and kind of mellow guy that dug musclecars.. I would contact him and voice you concerns. Keep me updated since I would like to know how he handles it so I can file that for future reference (and pass the word, good or bad).

However.. Going to any car show with FUNK in the title pretty much guarantees a certain crowd and whole lot of rap music..

Sorry you had the problems and it sounds like they were not organized at all. I've been to those type shows and they truly do suck. It is sad how little most people respect others property and hard work.. the stories I could tell..

Oh, and about the naked chick and the bike.. I'm calling BS on that unless you have pics.. lol

BRIAN
08-30-2005, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the compliment on the car

Well it is Tuesday and I still never heard from them and don't ever expect to.

Go to the show if you think the naked thing is BS. There were girls walking around in thongs all weekend long. The guy who owned the pimped out Impala next to me would just simply ask to take a chicks picture and they would bend over and 50% would drop pants down to their underwear. Sounds cool but yes it got old real quick. Most should not have been dropping anything but a couple of pounds.

I do not think the rap crowd was the problem it was the way the show was run. Funk protected his cars but everybody else was left out in the open. By the way what 40yr old man calls himself Funk?

As for my car the LF fender was scuffed from the crowd incident, the RR 1/4 is scratched from somone blasting it with his watch who was mad they he damaged his fake name brand watch.

Don't kid yourself he is doing it to make money there is no love of any car or anyone but himself.

vanzuuk1
08-30-2005, 01:51 PM
Steevo, do you roll with flex? Word?

Brian-- it sounds like bike week as far as the women who strip, some of them you want to give a dollar to put their clothes back on.

Think about the mamaroneck show, if you make it I owe you lunch.dont get too excited, thats just a hot dog and a soda.

Damn True
08-30-2005, 08:48 PM
Anyone see the car he built for Terrel Owens?
Im sorry, but that thing was just terrible looking.
Cragar SS with low buck BFG T/As with the letters out, the stance was straight out of "Dazed and Confused"....pretty sure they used Gabriel Hi-Jackers.

Dosen't really bother me though, because Terrel Owens is a complete jacka$$.

ViperBlue68
08-31-2005, 11:00 AM
Anyone see the car he built for Terrel Owens?
Im sorry, but that thing was just terrible looking.
Cragar SS with low buck BFG T/As with the letters out, the stance was straight out of "Dazed and Confused"....pretty sure they used Gabriel Hi-Jackers.

Dosen't really bother me though, because Terrel Owens is a complete jacka$$.

Which car are u talking about? are u sure it wasnt Donovan McNabbs 69 Camaro??? here is the only thing i could find on T.O.s ride doesnt look too bad in this shot for a Firebird imo ofcourse... http://autos.msn.com/advice/article.aspx?contentid=4023259&src=Home&pos=EditLead second car from bottom....

BRIAN
08-31-2005, 07:23 PM
That 68 is nice and there was nothing like that there.

All of the Team Bartwell cars have that early style to them. Cragars and white letter tires. I am pretty sure I know the guy who is building them so I am sure he is doing them as per their request. Nice work but just an old style.

By the way still no word from these clowns.

Damn True
08-31-2005, 09:38 PM
The car they built for TO was a Buick, McNabb got a Camaro.